• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"radical" feminist?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I've heard the term "radical feminist" many times...

But what does it actually mean???

When or how does a feminist become a "radical feminist"?

What is the difference between a radical feminist and a regular feminist?

As I understand it, the term refers to a person whose primary concern is feminism, a person to whom feminism is their most important issue and a major part of their identity, or life - a thing that takes priority over most other things

That's how I'd use the term

But what do others think?

Are there any self-identified radical feminists here? If so, could you please explain how you understand the term?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Radical feminism believes that a total reordering of society is needed, whereas liberal feminism believes in integrating women into the existing societal framework.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I've heard the term "radical feminist" many times...

But what does it actually mean???

When or how does a feminist become a "radical feminist"?

What is the difference between a radical feminist and a regular feminist?

As I understand it, the term refers to a person whose primary concern is feminism, a person to whom feminism is their most important issue and a major part of their identity, or life - a thing that takes priority over most other things

That's how I'd use the term

But what do others think?

Are there any self-identified radical feminists here? If so, could you please explain how you understand the term?

I keep meaning to come add to this discussion but forgetting about it until I’m about to fall asleep. Soon!

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I wouldn't call myself a liberal feminist. I'm not sure I could be termed a radical feminist either. My strategy is to raise consciousness--to bring the cultural nomos--the "patriarchy"--out of the safe zone (for it) where it lies just below consciousness and is therefore not consciously questioned. I want to bring it fully into consciousness--then society would reorder itself once a threshold percentage of individuals conscious of the nomos is reached.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I wouldn't call myself a liberal feminist. I'm not sure I could be termed a radical feminist either. My strategy is to raise consciousness--to bring the cultural nomos--the "patriarchy"--out of the safe zone (for it) where it lies just below consciousness and is therefore not consciously questioned. I want to bring it fully into consciousness--then society would reorder itself once a threshold percentage of individuals conscious of the nomos is reached.

This.