• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Radhastami , apperance day of Srimati Radharani , 2nd September

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Namaste DeviChaaya ji

I am probably too late to wish you well, but surely srimati Radhrani will shower you and all of us with blessings.

I just wish I was there to dance with you.
It is not a matter of doing it right or wrong and realy apperances do not matter it is just a celebration of our joyfulness and of course love for our dearest mother Srimati Radharani.

Jai shree Radhe Jai jai Shyam

Namaskaram Asha ji DeviChaaya ji ,

may we all come to Melbourne and dance with you , Sri radika there is so so beautifull I always wanted to go back there to take her darshan again ....

IMG594601.jpg

jai sri sri Radha Ballabah
SriRadhaVallabha_Janmastami_2004_melbourne-753738.jpg

http://uk.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
Sadly I did not dance but during a small recital of Radha and the bumblebee I had chills running up and down my spine.

Shrimati Radharani was kind enough to allow me an extended darshan and I would have liked to shower her with flowers but the temple was so crowded that I decided instead to go home. I do not mind crowds but when they are as packed in as they can be there I prefer not to join. Excessively loud music also has a way of turning me away. So I walked to the tram stop singing the maha mantra.

Next big festival for me is Navratri, I think. Or maybe diwali. I'm not sure. I think maybe I will need more saris!

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
Aaah! I missed Navratri! Mother will not be pleased!

EDIT: Oh thank Mata ji. Seems She likes to play tricks just as much as Krishna. I have not missed Navratri! We are only at the start of September, not that start of October!

Last edited:

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Aaah! I missed Navratri! Mother will not be pleased!

EDIT: Oh thank Mata ji. Seems She likes to play tricks just as much as Krishna. I have not missed Navratri! We are only at the start of September, not that start of October!

Do you know what many Hindus do on Navratri ?

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
Depends on where they're from! Some make displays with dolls and in the North whole communities compete to have the grandest Pavillion.

But let me guess... they DANCE!

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Fast, refrain from non-vegetarian food, no onions, no garlic, no liquor, worship the Mother and see Ram-leela performances in late evening. They coincide. The Mother kills Mahishasura on the eighth day (Durga Ashtami), Lord Rama kills Ravana on the Tenth day (Vijaya Dashami - Dussehra - burning of Effigies of Ravana, his brother Kumbhakarna and his son, Indrajit (the three main Lanka warriors).

Ram Leela (Rama Vivaha - Marriage of Lord Rama and Mother Sita), Durga Puja, Burning of effigies (Red Fort in the background).

15.jpg
Durga_Puja_-_of_Aquem,_Goa.JPG
pd2869426.jpg

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Our dear Gujjus (Gujaratis) celebrating Navaratri. They go off their rocker during Navaratri.
Our dear Bongs (Bengalis) celebrating Navaratri. They go off their rocker during Navaratri.

v21.jpg
B9FDE5E9DA3314DC9289994C908F23.jpg
o-THOUSANDS-OF-INDIAN-HINDU-DEVOTEES-LIGHT-CANDLES-900.jpg