• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racist idiots

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I have seen it on the news, and I have worried about Mrs. Wu when she is out shopping as well as the oldest who is away in college, but there has been more than one incident of some idiot seeing a foreign face and thinking he has the right to attack that person and just because they have a foreign face; they feel justified because they are convinced that foreign face is here illegally, or is a terrorist, or taking an Americans job or they are simply a racist idiot who has been emboldened by what has been going on politically in America these days.

Mrs. Wu is Chinese and she was at the bank yesterday. As she walked out of the bank there was a guy behind her speaking profanities and saying things like I should kill you, I should shoot you in the head.

Mrs. Wu, being Mrs. Wu, thought nothing of it and was wondering who this guy was talking to. Mrs. Wu got in her car, the profane threatening guy got in his pickup truck. Then the profane threatening guy backup his truck, pulled directly in front of her car, rolled down his window and continued his profanity laced threatening tirade while pointing at her.

I have no idea why this idiot did this, or who he was, I was not there to see it, but I can say that Mrs Wu is not a terrorist, she is here legally, is a citizen, and she most certainly is not taking the job of any person in this country, certainly not the profane threatening idiot, she is a doctor, graduated #1 in her class, stated her own practice from the ground up, and to be frank, I seriously doubt the profane threatening idiot has the brain capacity to have actually completed high school.

This emboldened, racist, anti-immigrant idiocy, has got to stop. It most certainly is not what this country was founded on.

Enough from me, any more and I will show exactly how angry this profane idiot makes me.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
The perpetrator needs to be reported to the authorities. What they did was harassment and is not legal. The perpetrator is also unstable, and may well be the next mass shooter. If you see something, say something. Most folks have camera phones nowadays. Use it. Report it. Heck, the bank might have security footage.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Enough from me, any more and I will show exactly how angry this profane idiot makes me.
Wait a minute.

Now did this guy make it clear what he was so angry about? He has to see plenty of non-white people in his life all day long. Do you have any idea what might have provoked him to go crazy this time?

For your wife, this is just some very weird random event and not a sign of life in America. Every country has deranged people.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have seen it on the news, and I have worried about Mrs. Wu when she is out shopping as well as the oldest who is away in college, but there has been more than one incident of some idiot seeing a foreign face and thinking he has the right to attack that person and just because they have a foreign face; they feel justified because they are convinced that foreign face is here illegally, or is a terrorist, or taking an Americans job or they are simply a racist idiot who has been emboldened by what has been going on politically in America these days.

Mrs. Wu is Chinese and she was at the bank yesterday. As she walked out of the bank there was a guy behind her speaking profanities and saying things like I should kill you, I should shoot you in the head.

Mrs. Wu, being Mrs. Wu, thought nothing of it and was wondering who this guy was talking to. Mrs. Wu got in her car, the profane threatening guy got in his pickup truck. Then the profane threatening guy backup his truck, pulled directly in front of her car, rolled down his window and continued his profanity laced threatening tirade while pointing at her.

I have no idea why this idiot did this, or who he was, I was not there to see it, but I can say that Mrs Wu is not a terrorist, she is here legally, is a citizen, and she most certainly is not taking the job of any person in this country, certainly not the profane threatening idiot, she is a doctor, graduated #1 in her class, stated her own practice from the ground up, and to be frank, I seriously doubt the profane threatening idiot has the brain capacity to have actually completed high school.

This emboldened, racist, anti-immigrant idiocy, has got to stop. It most certainly is not what this country was founded on.

Could be crazy.
Even garden variety white guys like me occasionally run into inexplicable
hostility, sometimes near violence....even when I'm not trying to provoke it!
Mrs Revolt's family (also Chinese & ABC) don't endure such abuse as
Mrs Bear encountered.

Wu Wei

Wait a minute.

Now did this guy make it clear what he was so angry about? He has to see plenty of non-white people in his life all day long. Do you have any idea what might have provoked him to go crazy this time?

For your wife, this is just some very weird random event and not a sign of life in America. Every country has deranged people.

No idea what his issue was, my wife simply walked out of the bank and he simply walked out behind her and started his tirade of obscenity and threats

She is a citizen and has lived in the US for well over 15 years, this is the first time she has run into this sort of thing.

Wu Wei

Could be crazy.
Even garden variety white guys like me occasionally run into inexplicable
hostility, sometimes near violence....even when I'm not trying to provoke it!
Mrs Revolt's family (also Chinese & ABC) don't endure such abuse as
Mrs Bear encountered.

This is the first time she has ever run into this sort of thing

George-ananda

Premium Member
No idea what his issue was, my wife simply walked out of the bank and he simply walked out behind her.

She is a citizen and has lived in the US for well over 15 years, this is the first time she has run into this sort of thing.
How do you know race had anything to do with it?

Akivah

No idea what his issue was, my wife simply walked out of the bank and he simply walked out behind her.

She is fortunate that this is the first lunatic she's ever encountered. Obviously almost all Americans are not like this as this didn't happen anytime in the previous 15 years.

Wu Wei

How do you know race had anything to do with it?

Did I say the perpetrator was white?

But based on language used in the pickup truck tirade of threats and priofanity, and even without that...what part of "I should kill you, I should shoot you in the head" said to a woman, by a complete stranger, is ok with you?

George-ananda

Premium Member
Based on language used,
Did he refer to race? Could he have misidentified her with someone he did have a confrontation with? I just think that sometimes when black, Chinese or whatever people run into terrible treatment they assume it is race related when it may be just a terrible person on the other end.

...what part of "I should kill you, I should shoot you in the head" is ok with you?
No part.....and the fact that you are asking that question means you need to take a 'deep breath'.

Wu Wei

Did he refer to race? Could he have misidentified her with someone he did have a confrontation with? I just think that sometimes when black, Chinese or whatever people run into terrible treatment they assume it is race related when it may be just a terrible person on the other end.

No part.....and the fact that you are asking that question means you need to take a 'deep breath'.

No I actually do not need to take a deep breath, not angry. but thanks for the suggestion.

Wu Wei

Maybe the guy watched Family Guy?

could be, but I've been in the car with Mrs Wu, she uses turn signals....but then I have also been in cars on major highways in Beijing too.... they are a bit scarier than those I have been on here in the USA. Not scary enough to make me get violent, but a cab driver there did make me want to jump out of the car as he accelerated to run a red light across another 6 lanes of traffic.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "I seriously doubt the profane threatening idiot has the brain capacity to have actually completed high school.

Unfortunately it can't be stopped instantly. It takes education and some just won't be educated.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
could be, but I've been in the car with Mrs Wu, she uses turn signals....but then I have also been in cars on major highways in Beijing too.... they are a bit scarier than those I have been on here in the USA. Not scary enough to make me get violent, but a cab driver there did make me want to jump out of the car as he accelerated to run a red light across another 6 lanes of traffic.
It's funny because I wasn't there.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "I seriously doubt the profane threatening idiot has the brain capacity to have actually completed high school.

Unfortunately it can't be stopped instantly. It takes education and some just won't be educated.
I've known educated crazy people too.
College doesn't cure mental illness.

Wu Wei

It's funny because I wasn't there.

And that was just one of the fun things that happened on the road there...remind me to tell you about the traffic jam I was in there once that appeared to have no apparent lanes for traffic or direction

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And that was just one of the fun things that happened on the road there...remind me to tell you about the traffic jam I was in there once that appeared to have no apparent lanes for traffic or direction
I remember once visiting in laws in Brooklyn.
A black guy say a cousin's baby, & pleasantly remarked how ugly Chinese babies are.
I figured rather than racism, the major issue here was crazy....& very very odd.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I've known educated crazy people too.
College doesn't cure mental illness.

A very good point. We (the UK) have recently been though the brexit reforendum. A battle that was fought largely on xenophobic grounds by Eton educated government officials.