• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racism

Ellen Brown

I was raised in a racist family, and understood little about it. Hearing that Chinks would knife you, and Wet Backs were crooked, and so on, hearing things that I can not even use to explain things as they were on this forum without the accusation of racism, was part of everyday life. As I grew up, I questioned what I had seen but had no way of knowing what to do. After Hurricane Mitch in 1998, many groups went down there to Honduras to try to help rebuild, and I was part of two trips. I'd been astonished to find the Hondurans to be sweet, loving people in a culture that was divided between the Indians and the Spanish higher class. I returned to America with a deep love and respect for them.

In 2001, I was asked to go to Kenya as part of a Christian Missionary group and returned to America with a deep love for them, many of whom spoke better English than I.

Later that year, the 9/11 attack would happen (I doubt what is said about it, but that is not part of this post), I was shocked by the hateful reaction reaction of many of the Christians around me toward Muslims. For me what I was seeing violated the words and spirit of Jesus the Christ. What then President Bush and his cronies did scared me even worse than the attack, and I eventually wrote Christianity off as being far to hedonistic and not actually seeking to please God.

In the years since, I have learned more about racism, and have sadly found that at times reverse racism is heartbreaking.

I think that the series "Star Trek" and other shows like it came against racism by using Science Fiction. I wish that it had been more successful.

InChrist

Free4ever
Happy Birthday!:balloon:

I think racism is wrong period, but how is writing off Christianity because some "Christians" expressed hateful attitudes any different than those who reacted hatefully toward all Muslims because some perpetuated a hateful attack on 911?

Ellen Brown

Happy Birthday!:balloon:

I think racism is wrong period, but how is writing off Christianity because some "Christians" expressed hateful attitudes any different than those who reacted hatefully toward all Muslims because some perpetuated a hateful attack on 911?

Processing, thinking, I'll get back to you.

Misunderstood

Thank you.
Yea, your very welcome. But remember, no matter how fun a birthday party is, it is best to limit your own to one a year. And if you have the will power it would be best to even have less. I just can't resist them myself, so I keep getting older.