• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racism in America

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
So I don't buy that there is no racism in America. In fact I think there's a lot.

First of all, whenever they talk about race on TV like FOX NEWS, the arguments are really convoluted.
Second, I try to get close enough to Black people that I meet to talk about it.
One person at my church came to America knowing nothing, learned English and now has a wife and kid and lives in an apartment and works at a bank. We enjoy talking about the Democrat party.
One person used to live in Detroit and said that racism was very bad although it got better recently.
One person said she gets microaggressions all the time and in fact experiences multiple racist actions every day.

Last, just how Black people vote. Thank you.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
Some people look for ways to interpret everything around them as “racism”, even when it is not.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Some people look for ways to interpret everything around them as “racism”, even when it is not.
And many....most see racism that really exists.
But only the racism they want to see. The other
kinds....invisible.
I wonder...who's claimed there is no racism?
I see it all over.
I don't deny it...I even practice it.
Sexism too.
And religious bigotry

Last edited:

Clara Tea

So I don't buy that there is no racism in America. In fact I think there's a lot.

First of all, whenever they talk about race on TV like FOX NEWS, the arguments are really convoluted.
Second, I try to get close enough to Black people that I meet to talk about it.
One person at my church came to America knowing nothing, learned English and now has a wife and kid and lives in an apartment and works at a bank. We enjoy talking about the Democrat party.
One person used to live in Detroit and said that racism was very bad although it got better recently.
One person said she gets microaggressions all the time and in fact experiences multiple racist actions every day.

Last, just how Black people vote. Thank you.

Biden’s History of Getting Away With Racist Remarks

Biden:
1. "Latinos in America resist vaccines because they're worried that they'll be vaccinated and deported." (assumes Latinos are illegal).

2. "They are used to being experimented on--the Tuskeggee Airmen, and others."

3. "If you are unsure whether to vote for me (Biden) or Trump, then "you ain't Black.""

4. "Unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things."

5. "What do you think? Huyh? Are you a junkie?"

6. Senator Robert Byrd (former Exalted Cyclops of the Ku Klux Klan) was "one of my mentors." "the Senate is a lesseer place for his going."

7. RE: Obama: "first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean."

8. "You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent."

9. "Forced busing to desgregated schools would cause his children to grow up in a racial jungle."

Clinton:

Ignored Hutu holocaust of millions of captured Tutsis, instead focusing on Yugoslavia.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Here's an interesting news item.
When black students attack other black students, it's racism.
Also, I wonder why recent American immigrants from Somolia
aren't "African American", as opposed to black students who
aren't from Africa, who are "African American"?