• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racism and the facts, was Jesus black?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That was sarcasm, according to the current cultural definition of racism. I've a much narrower definition of racism which has nothing to do with what is in your head.
I might've responded to your sarcasm with a wee bit'o me own.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
1. And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a slave of slaves shall he be unto his brethren. And he said, Blessed be the Lord God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his slave. God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his slave. (Genesis 9, synodical translation).

2. The Floyd's race was slaves for many Europeans and Americans.
And this has to do with North American politics in what way?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I would say Jesus probably looked white of a darker white complexion.

The photograph of Jesus

jesus_saibaba.jpg

This photo of Jesus has a very interesting and unusual story behind it. The story, as printed in the book "Shri Sathya Sai, The Yugavatara", by S.D. Kulkarni, page 134, is as follows:

"An English couple went to Puttaparthi (Sai Baba's place of residence in India). The husband had faith in Baba but the wife believed in Jesus Christ. Baba called them in for an interview. The husband had an automatic camera which started clicking by itself during the interview. When the couple went back to England and had the film developed, they got this picture of the face of Jesus.

On their next journey to Puttaparthi, Baba called them in for another interview and asked them whether they liked the picture. He then told them that this was a picture of Jesus Christ at the age of 28 or 29 when he left India to return to Jerusalem."

Terry Sampson

And this has to do with North American politics in what way?
I'm surprised that anyone who's been around as long as you have would hope for, much less expect, a rational and reasonable connection between this thread and North American politics given the OP's author.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, it's hard to avoid, myself, I mean, being absorbed into the "woke" narrative. Constant reinforcement starts screwing with your subconscious.
Yeah, that's what leads to waking the hell up. :) I think what you mean to say is that the narratives you've been sold are being challenged, and you're starting to gain some awareness surrounding those? That's sort of the purpose of these things. Raising conscious awareness, rather than running those subconscious programs without critical examination. That's sort of what being "asleep" means in contrast with being awake.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
I'm surprised that anyone who's been around as long as you have would hope for, much less expect, a rational and reasonable connection between this thread and North American politics given the OP's author.
I was neither hoping nor expecting. I was just curious what his answer would be.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Yeah, that's what leads to waking the hell up. :) I think what you mean to say is that the narratives you've been sold are being challenged, and you're starting to gain some awareness surrounding those? That's sort of the purpose of these things. Raising conscious awareness, rather than running those subconscious programs without critical examination. That's sort of what being "asleep" means in contrast with being awake.

Actually it means I decide for myself instead of letting others decide for me.