• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racism against Asians

I'm unfamiliar with those crime statistics, I admit. Would you mind pointing me where to find them?

20210320_212909.jpg

Link

Thanks! Would you qualify all of those violent incidents as racist?

As you said:

"We can never see in a person's heart of hearts to know whether they did something people called racist out of racism, or any number of other possible reasons. In fact, inferring any motivation at all from a crime sounds rather spurious in that light, don't you think? So, since we can never know whether somebody is really racist in their heart of hearts, pretending to be racist, being accidentially racist, or only being called racist because people have misinterpreted their potentially not-racist actions as racist, I propose that we start looking at the real effects and consequences of any given action, rather than trying to infer motivations that we will never be able to conclusively prove one way or another.

Based on this argument, I would say that, if a crime appears racist and has a chilling or intimidating effect on people of a given ethnicity or race, we can safely call it "racist" without having to have endless discussions over whether the perp was really racist"

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
As you said:

"We can never see in a person's heart of hearts to know whether they did something people called racist out of racism, or any number of other possible reasons. In fact, inferring any motivation at all from a crime sounds rather spurious in that light, don't you think? So, since we can never know whether somebody is really racist in their heart of hearts, pretending to be racist, being accidentially racist, or only being called racist because people have misinterpreted their potentially not-racist actions as racist, I propose that we start looking at the real effects and consequences of any given action, rather than trying to infer motivations that we will never be able to conclusively prove one way or another.

Based on this argument, I would say that, if a crime appears racist and has a chilling or intimidating effect on people of a given ethnicity or race, we can safely call it "racist" without having to have endless discussions over whether the perp was really racist"
That doesn't answer my question why you believe these are all racist crimes. You must have some kind of internal thought process that led you to qualify these crimes as racist. Why don't you share this thought process with the rest of us?

(edit) Please note that I gave a few criteria why any given crime could be considered racist.
So, which of these criteria do you believe apply to all Black-on-Asian violent crimes in the US?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We can never see in a person's heart of hearts to know whether they did something people called racist out of racism, or any number of other possible reasons. In fact, inferring any motivation at all from a crime sounds rather spurious in that light, don't you think? So, since we can never know whether somebody is really racist in their heart of hearts, pretending to be racist, being accidentially racist, or only being called racist because people have misinterpreted their potentially not-racist actions as racist, I propose that we start looking at the real effects and consequences of any given action, rather than trying to infer motivations that we will never be able to conclusively prove one way or another.

Based on this argument, I would say that, if a crime appears racist and has a chilling or intimidating effect on people of a given ethnicity or race, we can safely call it "racist" without having to have endless discussions over whether the perp was really racist or just accidentially appeared that way becuase of a neferious media agenda to besmirch the good names of serial killers by associating them with bigotry.
So rather than investigate, & describe what happened,
just say that it's what it superficially appears to be?
That's not news, it.s editorializing or propagandizing.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
So rather than investigate, & describe what happened,
just say that it's what it superficially appears to be?
That's not news, it.s editorializing or propagandizing.
Sure, for a person with psychic gifts and mindreading powers, my advice would probably sound preposterous.

But if you can't read people's minds, reading their actions is the next best thing in my opinion.

That doesn't answer my question why you believe these are all racist crimes. You must have some kind of internal thought process that led you to qualify these crimes as racist. Why don't you share this thought process with the rest of us?

I don't think they were all racist or that we should assume crimes are racist without good evidence that they are in fact racially motivated.

I think the recent fetish among a certain section of Progressives to always assume racism when the perpetrator is white is an incredibly harmful and regressive trend, especially when it is combined with a very selective representation of the facts to fit an ideological agenda.

Much of the 'woke' faction actively promote discrimination against Asians in education and resentment against their success. Some places even removed them from 'people of colour' statistics and bundled them up with whites as this better fitted their narrative of 'structural racism'.

Now Asians are convenient for their narrative they will be capitalised on, but the it is only 'white supremacist' violence against Asians that matters. They won't focus on how their own anti-Asian rhetoric creates resentment, or on the fact that black people are overwhelmingly the biggest threats to the safety of Asians.

Race-baiting ideologues of any kind should be criticised.

(edit) Please note that I gave a few criteria why any given crime could be considered racist.
So, which of these criteria do you believe apply to all Black-on-Asian violent crimes in the US?

"intimidating effect on people of a given ethnicity"

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Sure, for a person with psychic gifts and mindreading powers, my advice would probably sound preposterous.

But if you can't read people's minds, reading their actions is the next best thing in my opinion.
Or just report the full facts, rather than selecting those
that serve an agenda. For example, why report race
of a shooter only when white? Why report the deaths
of female Asian victims, but not whites or males?
The reason: Whites are perps, racists, & misogynists.
That's their singular narrative.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I will not get into this beyond this
Dead; 7 asian women and 1 white male
Injured; 1 one non-asian woman

This was initially reported in my area, however the non-asian woman who was wounded and the white male do not seem to be mentioned now

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Or just report the full facts, rather than selecting those
that serve an agenda. For example, why report race
of a shooter only when white? Why report the deaths
of female Asian victims, but not whites or males?
The reason: Whites are perps, racists, & misogynists.
That's their singular narrative.

one more thing
A medical colleague (Chinese male) of Mrs Wu's was shot and killed, by a black male a little over a year ago, in California. There was no national reporting on this incident

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
one more thing
A medical colleague (Chinese male) of Mrs Wu's was shot and killed, by a black male a little over a year ago, in California. There was no national reporting on this incident
I just heard a really interesting interview (NPR) with a black
guy who described racial problems & solutions. He lamented
white women in their $80 yoga pants sipping their $8 lattes
making false reports about black assailants. The solution....
Blacks should reverse the "great migration" north, & take over
key cities in southern states they'd then control.

It sounded like the white supremacist attitudes just flip
flopped for black folk. Yet on NPR, this is greeted with
friendly consideration.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Yes, some people have a real fear of black people taking over, me I fear the white people that have taken over.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I just heard a really interesting interview (NPR) with a black
guy who described racial problems & solutions. He lamented
white women in their $80 yoga pants sipping their $8 lattes
making false reports about black assailants. The solution....
Blacks should reverse the "great migration" north, & take over
key cities in southern states they'd then control.

It sounded like the white supremacist attitudes just flip
flopped for black folk. Yet on NPR, this is greeted with
friendly consideration.
Same as how black nationalism is acceptable but white nationalism isn't, although they say the same things and often get along with each other. Farrakhan was friendly with Tom Metzger, a notorious white power skinhead leader, for instance, and there's other examples of that.

As an aside, I find it hilarious that the press and even academia have taken a cue from white supremacists and started capitalizing racial categories, like how they capitalize Black and not white. That was started by white racists capitalizing White but not black, as far as I know.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Same as how black nationalism is acceptable but white nationalism isn't, although they say the same things and often get along with each other. Farrakhan was friendly with Tom Metzger, a notorious white power skinhead leader, for instance, and there's other examples of that.

As an aside, I find it hilarious that the press and even academia have taken a cue from white supremacists and started capitalizing racial categories, like how they capitalize Black and not white. That was started by white racists capitalizing White but not black, as far as I know.
Are you argueing that we should be more critical of Black nationalism, or that we should be less critical of White supremacism?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Thanks! Would you qualify all of those violent incidents as racist?
That was my question since blacks, according to the chart, do the most crime on other blacks.

That just sounds like violent crime statistics, not race.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
They should be treated the same, is what I'm saying.
You might have a point if we were living in, say, Rwanda or the Congo, but here in the West, only one of the two resulted in genocide on an industrial scale.

Despite the race war fantasies of ethnostate fans and fascist-wannabes, the greatest threat of racial violence does not emanate from Black supremacists.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
You might have a point if we were living in, say, Rwanda or the Congo, but here in the West, only one of the two resulted in genocide on an industrial scale.

Despite the race war fantasies of ethnostate fans and fascist-wannabes, the greatest threat of racial violence does not emanate from Black supremacists.
What? The holocaust? That wasn't caused by "white nationalism". Besides, it's 2021. That war is verging on being a century ago. It's time to move on. Lots of genocides have been committed before and since. Time didn't stop in 1945.

Racial nationalism and supremacism from any group contains the same threats of violence. Black people have committed many racist attacks and murders against whites, Jews, Asians, etc. In fact, according to crime stats from the FBI, if I recall correctly, black people are far more likely to be the perp of an attack of a person of another ethnicity, than the victim. It happens all the time. Many black people are very racist and go on about "white devils", "crackers" and such. I've seen this many times first hand, including recently. I've had a black aunt of mine chase my white mother around with a butcher knife and screaming "white devil" at her. I do not believe in double standards. If it's wrong for one group, it's wrong for everyone.