• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racial Discrimination Is (Still) a Thing!

Watchmen

Premium Member
Nope. As long as their position...i.e. assistant manager, co-manager, general manager, etc. doesn’t change and their rate of pay doesn’t change, it is not considered a change of employment status. Inter-store transfers are commonplace in the business and are legally considered business decisions, not employment decisions.
You’re wrong. While transfers are commonplace, making the decision because of race is discrimination in employment. I’m an employment lawyer at one of the largest employment firms in the country. What’s your qualifications to opine on this topic?

Watchmen

Premium Member
Nope. As long as their position...i.e. assistant manager, co-manager, general manager, etc. doesn’t change and their rate of pay doesn’t change, it is not considered a change of employment status. Inter-store transfers are commonplace in the business and are legally considered business decisions, not employment decisions.
You’re wrong. While transfers are commonplace, making the decision because of race is discrimination in employment. I’m an employment lawyer at one of the largest employment firms in the country. What’s your qualifications to opine on this topic?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Where did you read that someone is being transferred because of race? There in no mention in this thread of any transfers being made because of race. I am speaking of transfers in general.

As far as my qualification, I’m a district manager that has consulted lawyers on several occasions over the years about such decisions.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Where did you read that someone is being transferred because of race? There in no mention in this thread of any transfers being made because of race. I am speaking of transfers in general.
Sorry. You used the words “place” and “assemble” in the original post. So let me clarify. If you place employees or “assemble” employees in certain positions because of race that could be discrimination. Race cannot factor in the decision (or at least canny be a substantial motivating factor depending on the jurisdiction).

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry. You used the words “place” and “assemble” in the original post. So let me clarify. If you place employees or “assemble” employees in certain positions because of race that could be discrimination. Race cannot factor in the decision (or at least canny be a substantial motivating factor depending on the jurisdiction).

Yes, this is true.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Sales impact due to loss of racist customers.

Quantified by what observation? Are they automatically racist because they're mostly white? I'll solve that for you: That's bigotry. You're a bigot if you think because someone is white they're more likely to be racist. Even if you're white yourself... :D