• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, but in some more than others. There are many more blondes in Western Finland for example than in Nigeria.

True. Genetics was never my strong suit. But I doubt race mixing will get rid of "natural blondes" in any case. Perhaps not the blonde bombshells you personally like, but blondes will exist nonetheless.

Its hard to give a clear definition. But you know one when you see one. I would rather not give any examples thought, some people might get upset.

But i can give you an example of a superior culture. Its a culture that can create a well functioning society/nation that everyone wants to be a part of/live in.

Based on that^^^^ If one opens all borders in the world, countries that will have most immigrants will be the most superior culturally.
I get what you mean. Seriously I do. There are, in fact, some cultures that I do look on as "inferior" in some way. But in all honesty the ones that draw the most immigrants will, by default, be the ones with the most inter cultural mixing. That's just how reality will work.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
There really is no such thing as "race". If one were to look at a human skeleton, it is pretty much impossible to tell which "race" is was.

"Don't judge a book by its cover" and don't judge a person by their skin color.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If one were to look at a human skeleton, it is pretty much impossible to tell which "race" is was.
Actually, forensic anthropologists are often good about being able to tell what ethnicity someone was based on certain skeletal features, such as the skull.
Personally, I'd rather just call us all "breeds" and get over everyone's issues and problems and throw it out there we are all a bunch of mutts.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Actually, forensic anthropologists are often good about being able to tell what ethnicity someone was based on certain skeletal features, such as the skull.
That only "works" if we deal with averages, so it doesn't work if we deal with a particular skeleton. Even within one "race" there are myriads upon myriads of variations.

Let me use myself as an example. If you were to look at me (as painful as that might be), you would see my light skin, blue eyes, and [formerly] blond hair, and see me as being "very white". But if you looked at my sister, you would never guess that we're from the same set of parents because she's olive complected, a brunette (now by bottle), and has brown eyes.

Even though I'm mostly French, the Swedish/Scottish genes came out more in me, whereas the French and Amerindian came out in more in her. She could step on a reservation and rather easily mix in, whereas I stick out like a sore thumb. BTW, because I'm an anthropologist, I spent and still spend quite a bit of time on reservations, mostly now just visiting friends.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You can't force people to mix no more than those who desire a pedigree. Neither is wrong imv.

What's wrong is getting to a point where domination becomes a focus.

That includes mixed races trying to dominate those who desire a more pedigree bloodline and the reverse,.those with pedigree bloodlines trying to dominate mixed races through a misguided sense of superiority.

idav

Being
Premium Member
I think this way because after visiting many countries i came to the conclusion that white people look better than other variations.

Not sure what you mean "due to society" thought.
It's due to society cause there is no science to back up your sentiment. Genes don't work that way, that you would get "fake blondes". Everyone has preferences, particularly sexually, that's no big deal.

Oh and forgot to add, every country has a culture that brainwashes us into what beauty is and vary from culture to culture, so that's a second reason.

Last edited:

Indagator

It's due to society cause there is no science to back up your sentiment. Genes don't work that way, that you would get "fake blondes". Everyone has preferences, particularly sexually, that's no big deal.

Oh and forgot to add, every country has a culture that brainwashes us into what beauty is and vary from culture to culture, so that's a second reason.

Hmm I lived in 6 countries... wonder which one brainwashed me.

Also not sure why i need science when it comes to my personal preference.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Hmm I lived in 6 countries... wonder which one brainwashed me.
Probably Americastan.
Also not sure why i need science when it comes to my personal preference.
You don't need it for preference, you only need it if you want to be accurate about objective things. Beauty is subjective but there is some science to it and there is tons of science on how genomes work.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Only one problem with race mixing...
I just didn't do enuf of it when young, single, & fetching.

I once had the body of an old Greek god.
Now it's just the body of an goddam old Greek.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You can't force people to mix no more than those who desire a pedigree. Neither is wrong imv.
Probably a different discussion, but personally I consider desires for a pedigree to be wrong, because pedigree breeds come with the heightened risks of genetic traits that run higher with that breed, whereas these chances are lessened in mutts. And, with pedigrees, that usually means going to a breeder, and not to the shelter where there are already dogs who need a home before it is too late.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Here in Brazil there is some racism, but most people are at least a bit ashamed of it. It is definitely seen as a bad thing.

Both ethnical variety and miscigenation proper are such a part of everyday life here that we actually joke about our own census questions on the ethnical composition. People have been know to give such oddball responses as "beans-colored". USA travel questionaires are notorious for actually telling us Brazilians that we are latinos (and therefore expected to answer accordingly). Brazilians sometimes call each other "poles" and the like as shorthand for specific ethnic stereotypes, out of convenience alone, without any malice or ulterior meaning.

The bottom line is that if there is any actual drawback to race mixing, it is very well hidden indeed from us.

Indagator

Probably Americastan.

Never been to US.

You don't need it for preference, you only need it if you want to be accurate about objective things. Beauty is subjective but there is some science to it and there is tons of science on how genomes work.

There is no science that says that thinking that white people are beautiful is wrong.