• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rabbi Writes Messiah's Name On Deathbed

CDWolfe

Progressive Deist
Note: I searched the forums first, but did not find this topic. It is 7 years old, but news to me. I usually do not keep up with Judaism or Israel.

I recently came across an article about an Orthodox Jewish rabbi who supposedly lived to be 100+ years, was considered one of the most revered rabbis, and shortly before his death, he supposedly scribbled down a "pro-Christian" message about Jesus as the messiah, on a note. Here is the article:

Orthodox Rabbi Reveals the Name of the Messiah : St. George Church of Prescott

The article also includes the video story via Youtube.

I have a few question about this story:

1. Is it authentic/truthful?
2. What is the Orthodox Jewish view on it?

Just looking for answers.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Oh, not that BS again. Yes, it has been posted before. No it wasn't impressive the last time either.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
Heh, so its better to assume the ops intentions and post nonsense rather than answer his two little questions?

CMike

Note: I searched the forums first, but did not find this topic. It is 7 years old, but news to me. I usually do not keep up with Judaism or Israel.

I recently came across an article about an Orthodox Jewish rabbi who supposedly lived to be 100+ years, was considered one of the most revered rabbis, and shortly before his death, he supposedly scribbled down a "pro-Christian" message about Jesus as the messiah, on a note. Here is the article:

Orthodox Rabbi Reveals the Name of the Messiah : St. George Church of Prescott

The article also includes the video story via Youtube.

I have a few question about this story:

1. Is it authentic/truthful?
2. What is the Orthodox Jewish view on it?

Just looking for answers.

It's rediculous.

No orthodox jew who knows anything about his or her religion would say that jesus was the jewish messiah. He wasn't.

Levite

Higher and Higher
It's a joke. Yitzchak Kaduri was a radical fundamentalist Charedi xenophobe. He detested Christianity, most other non-Jewish religions, and a fair number of his fellow Jews as well. The notion that he would've declared Jesus the messiah is of the same level of believability as Malcolm X declaring "Birth of a Nation" a hidden message from God.

Juhurka

It's a joke. Yitzchak Kaduri was a radical fundamentalist Charedi xenophobe. He detested Christianity, most other non-Jewish religions, and a fair number of his fellow Jews as well. The notion that he would've declared Jesus the messiah is of the same level of believability as Malcolm X declaring "Birth of a Nation" a hidden message from God.

Yitzchak Kaduri was a radical fundamentalist Charedi xenophobe.

It's funny how you only call your fellow Jew radical fundamentalist but act all tolerant in every other thread.

Rav Kaduri was a great man who was born in Iraq and really did not care about someone called jesus. As a Sephardic Jew I have much respect for him. Majority of Sephardic Jews consider this man as one of the greatest in his generation but you had to go all radical on him, what else can you expect from Jew from America who thinks that conservatism is the only and the right way to go.

Rakhel

It's funny how you only call your fellow Jew radical fundamentalist but act all tolerant in every other thread.

Rav Kaduri was a great man who was born in Iraq and really did not care about someone called jesus. As a Sephardic Jew I have much respect for him. Majority of Sephardic Jews consider this man as one of the greatest in his generation but you had to go all radical on him, what else can you expect from Jew from America who thinks that conservatism is the only and the right way to go.
Since when has Levite ever said that conservatism was "the only and right way to go"?

dantech

On what basis do you say he was a xenophobe, and why do you say he detested Christianity, most other non-Jewish religions, and a fair number of his fellow Jews as well?

Levite

Higher and Higher
On what basis do you say he was a xenophobe, and why do you say he detested Christianity, most other non-Jewish religions, and a fair number of his fellow Jews as well?

He gave blessings to many of the leaders of the Greater Israel movement, and was known not to favor peace talks with the Palestinians, or a two-state solution. He also refused to teach non-Orthodox Jews, and even a lot of Modern Orthodox Jews. And a friend of mine who heard him teach in the early '90s reported that he had occasion to mention Christianity, and in reference to Christian leaders of today-- not just those of past eras-- he said yemach shemam (may their names be blotted out). He also apparently, in the same shiur (lecture) lumped all non-Jews into the category of ovdei avodah zarah (idolaters).

I'm not saying he wasn't a learned man or a great Kabbalist. Just that he was, to the best of my knowledge, fairly radically right-wing in his opinions. Granted, probably less so than others who came out of Porat Yosef, but still....

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I actually identify with what Levite is saying to a certain degree. As a Sephardi Jew, I believe that a great number of our rabbis are superstitious xenophobs.

Juhurka

He gave blessings to many of the leaders of the Greater Israel movement, and was known not to favor peace talks with the Palestinians, or a two-state solution. He also refused to teach non-Orthodox Jews, and even a lot of Modern Orthodox Jews. And a friend of mine who heard him teach in the early '90s reported that he had occasion to mention Christianity, and in reference to Christian leaders of today-- not just those of past eras-- he said yemach shemam (may their names be blotted out). He also apparently, in the same shiur (lecture) lumped all non-Jews into the category of ovdei avodah zarah (idolaters).

I'm not saying he wasn't a learned man or a great Kabbalist. Just that he was, to the best of my knowledge, fairly radically right-wing in his opinions. Granted, probably less so than others who came out of Porat Yosef, but still....

Just as I said before, if its not your way, its not kosher. American Jews are sick with the so called two state solution, I am against two state solution for many reasons but who gave you the right to say that its bad? We have tried your way and what now? Same old, more fighting and more fighting.

Old old excuses, my friend said that he herd from another friend 20 years ago. That is cheap for a learned Jewish man.

CMike

I think with liberals, anyone to the right of them are racist, xenophobic, homophobic, intolerant, psychos.

Juhurka

I think with liberals, anyone to the right of them are racist, xenophobic, homophobic, intolerant, psychos.

As I have said my posts were just deleted but a muslim member who called me a racist and disrespected a rabbi still has his post. This is not fair but fair is not part of liberal dictionary, they claim to be tolerant but only when its their way.

I will delete my profile as soon as i get to my desktop, this forum is not worth my time it is bunch of liberal fools and muslim haters.