• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Qur'an: The most reliable translation

gnostic

The Lost One
kejos said:
Then why don't they learn Arabic?
Even with people who know only Arabic all their life (as their primary language) don't always agree with the same interpretation of the same passage.

Why do you think there are disagreement, even between learned Islamic scholars?

Knowing Arabic don't necessarily mean that person will grasp the meaning of every passage in the Qur'an.

Tell me this, kejos:
Do every single Arabic-speaking people have the same level of understanding of the Qur'an?
Do you think that some of misinterpret the meaning?

Someone said before some passages may have more than one meaning. If this true, then such passages leave some ambiguity, because why else would there be some misunderstanding and disagreement between Muslims?

kejos

Even with people who know only Arabic all their life (as their primary language) don't always agree with the same interpretation of the same passage.
Does that not suggest that the Qur'an is hardly worth opening? What would one do with a recipe book that had that effect?

Why do you think there are disagreement, even between learned Islamic scholars?
I don't know, but I think that whoever wrote the Qur'an (and we don't actually know who it was) was deliberately ambiguous, so that there would be apparent innocence or agreement with the Bible, but people could take it another way if they chose. That's the way it seems in all the translations I've read, anyway. (One finds the same thing in other works that purport to relate to the Bible.)

Tell me this, kejos:
Do every single Arabic-speaking people have the same level of understanding of the Qur'an?
Very many Muslims have only a rudimentary grasp of Arabic- and are in no position to decide on the validity of their faith, imv.

Do you think that some of misinterpret the meaning?
I'm quite sure they do- often deliberately. That has been shown on the 'net since it started.

Someone said before some passages may have more than one meaning. If this true, then such passages leave some ambiguity, because why else would there be some misunderstanding and disagreement between Muslims?
Double meanings are fine provided they complement each other. But in the Qur'an, they don't.

Snowber

God willing, this might help:

[3:7] He sent down to you this scripture, containing straightforward verses - which constitute the essence of the scripture - as well as multiple-meaning or allegorical verses. Those who harbor doubts in their hearts will pursue the multiple-meaning verses to create confusion, and to extricate a certain meaning. None knows the true meaning thereof except GOD and those well founded in knowledge. They say, "We believe in this - all of it comes from our Lord." Only those who possess intelligence will take heed.

"those who harbour doubts in their hearts will pursue the multiple meaning verses to create confusion, and to extricate a certain meaning"

GOD knows that people with evil in their hearts will make things sound evil, and those with good in their hearts will see the Truth.

The Qu'ran is divine - this is a proven, mathematical fact - and the only ones denying this are those who refuse to examine the evidence (perhaps they are afraid to believe it and lose their way of life).

What people argue today is not so much GOD's Word as it is corruption opinions, writings of men, and so on. This will always be the system, that is why it is important for us to never be angry if someone disbelieves, because GOD has willed it, and GOD is doing everything.

Peace

gnostic

The Lost One
snowber said:
The Qu'ran is divine - this is a proven, mathematical fact

How can there be mathematical fact, when the Qur'an contain no maths whatsoever?

The Qur'an is not a science textbook.

Can you provide sources or passages in the Qur'an that provide mathematical solution?

kejos

God willing, this might help:

"those who harbour doubts in their hearts will pursue the multiple meaning verses to create confusion, and to extricate a certain meaning"

GOD knows that people with evil in their hearts will make things sound evil, and those with good in their hearts will see the Truth.
Just more cribbing of the Bible.

Snowber

How can there be mathematical fact, when the Qur'an contain no maths whatsoever?

The Qur'an is not a science textbook.

Can you provide sources or passages in the Qur'an that provide mathematical solution?

Thank you for asking Gnostic. All listings I put in here come from Submission to GOD Alone

I could list hundreds of mathematical facts and otherwise, but doing this across forums I noticed people simply do not read it and their reply is, inevitably, "any book could do this". So let me start of slowly so it is an amount that is easily readable and, if interested, you could ask for more and read about the Mathematical Miracle on the site above.

So let's start with the "simple facts".

To understand why the number 19 is the common denominator in the Qu'ran, you must first read the verses below GOD gives us:

[74:30] Over it is nineteen.
[74:31] We appointed angels to be guardians of Hell, and we assigned their number (19) (1) to disturb the disbelievers, (2) to convince the Christians and Jews (that this is a divine scripture), (3) to strengthen the faith of the faithful, (4) to remove all traces of doubt from the hearts of Christians, Jews, as well as the believers, and (5) to expose those who harbor doubt in their hearts, and the disbelievers; they will say, "What did GOD mean by this allegory?" GOD thus sends astray whomever He wills, and guides whomever He wills. None knows the soldiers of your Lord except He. This is a reminder for the people.

One of the Great Miracles

[74:35] This is one of the great miracles.

Note that 7+4+3+5 = 19.

Note that the number 19 itself is NOT holy. GOD is the most important focus here, the number is just GOD's signature in the Qu'ran to show us that it is NOT man made.

The word ONE, in the Qu'ran, is"Wahd". If you take the value of each letter (in the old days people used letters as numbers) they add up to 19.

W=6, A=1, H=8, D= 4 (Not the value of the english letters, but Arabic, the language the Qu'ran was written in)

The word "ONE" occurs 19 times in the Qu'ran.

Let us move on..

The first verse in the Qu'ran is the "Basmilah" or "In the name of GOD, Most Gracious, Most Merciful." This statement starts off ALL chapters in the Qu'ran except Sura 9 (and it is another miracle why it is missing from here). The "Basmilah" is in the Qu'ran 114 times = 19 x 6, DESPITE it's absence from Sura 9 it is mentioned one additional time when GOD is talking about Solomon's letter to Sheba.

"In the name of GOD, Most Gracious, Most Merciful" in Arabic has several main words for the verse. It is also made up of 19 arabic letters. A person can confirm this!

The Basmilah consists of Bism (Name) Allah (GOD) Al Rahman (Most Gracious) Al Raheem (Most Merciful).

The word "Name" in the Qu'ran is mentioned 19 times.
The word GOD, in the Qu'ran, is mentioned 2,698 times = 19 x 142
"Most Gracious" is mentioned 57 times = 19 x 3
"Most Merciful" appears 114 times = 19 x 6.

Notice also the number of Chapters in the Qu'ran is 114 = 19 x 6.

This is mostly about ONE phrase in the Qu'ran and we see something so "coincidental" about it.

Also remember, this is in a Scripture written 1400+ years ago, in a time of tribes and ignorance.

I don't want to overwhelm you all at once so please review this and let me know if you have any questions/comments.

Peace Gnostic.

gnostic

The Lost One
Hi snowber

I didn't know that Muslims were so superstitious and use numerology. "Lucky number", "holy number" are signs of superstition. But I supposed that not uncommon with most religions; lots of religion use numerology, especially with mysticism, where numbers play a large part. I used to be interested in numerology when I was in my late teen, but at this time I was exploring the unknown and searching for religion to fit in.

You do know that numerology is pseudo-mathematics. The use of numerology is hardly what I call real science, much less a mathematical fact. Modern scientists don't consider numerology to be science or mathematics, and they are categorized with divination, astrology and alchemy.

Nevertheless, numerology is interesting. And the 19 is indeed an interesting number.

Last edited:

Snowber

Hi snowber

I didn't know that Muslims were so superstitious and use numerology. "Lucky number", "holy number" are signs of superstition. But I supposed that not uncommon with most religions; lots of religion use numerology, especially with mysticism, where numbers play a large part. I used to be interested in numerology when I was in my late teen, but at this time I was exploring the unknown and searching for religion to fit in.

You do know that numerology is pseudo-mathematics. The use of numerology is hardly what I call real science, much less a mathematical fact. Modern scientists don't consider numerology to be science or mathematics, and they are categorized with divination, astrology and alchemy.

Nevertheless, numerology is interesting. And the 19 is indeed an interesting number.

Hi Gnostic,

Numerology indeed has a bad reputation because so many people have twisted numbers to come up with some meaning. The difference between "evil" numerology and the numerology we see in the Qu'ran is that GOD tells us that the number 19 is an important factor in determining whether or not the Qu'ran is true.

In traditional numerology someone might as for your name, then say your name has a certain value and what it means such as this example where I chose "John" as my name:

Numerology for Play

That kind of numerology is more like reading someone's palm or asking them what their birth sign is and making up a story about it.

In the Qu'ran we see a system that is beyond probability, that is definitely not made up for play, and has a true meaning.

Many people have realized this and people started copying the Qu'ran's mathematical system and tried using it to claim they were a messenger of GOD. One man (his mind slips my mind right now) kept "predicting" earthquakes that never happened using the number 19, but if you compare the two, you'll see that his method is simply "playing with numbers to get his desired result". In the Qu'ran, GOD gave us the number, and GOD gave us the miracle. We don't choose based on our own opinions.

It is GOD's system that the devils interfere, this is what separates those with doubt in their hearts from the true followers.

[22:52] We did not send before you any messenger, nor a prophet, without having the devil interfere in his wishes. GOD then nullifies what the devil has done. GOD perfects His revelations. GOD is Omniscient, Most Wise.

The proof to this method of "numerology" is, simply, you will find nothing like it. If I say my name has a value of 20 and michael jackson's name has a value of 20, therefore I am related to Michael Jackson, the error is obvious.

Let me give you another piece of information on the Qu'ran's mathematical system. For 1400 years, people did not know why GOD prefixed certain chapters in the Qu'ran with certain initials. For example, some Suras (chapters) in the Qu'ran are prefixed "H.M" or "A.L.M" or "Q" or "T.H." and so forth. I believe there are a total of 29 suras that do this.

Anyway, without a computer, no one could figure out what these were for.
[27:82] At the right time, we will produce for them a creature, made of earthly materials, declaring that the people are not certain about our revelations.

This "creature" is the computer. The computer is made of "earthly materials". Note that 2+7+8+2 = 19 as well.

Without a computer, we wouldn't know what the initials in the Qu'ran were for.

Now we do:

Let's take Sura 50 (Chapter 50) for example, prefixed with "Q"

[50:0] In the name of GOD, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
[50:1] Q., and the glorious Quran.

That is the first verse of the Sura "Q. and the Glorious Quran".

Also Sura 42 is intialed "Q" as well.

[42:0] In the name of GOD, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.*
[42:1] H. M.*
[42:2] `A. S. Q.*

Now lets look at what's so amazing about this:

The letter "Q" occurs through Chapter 50 a total of 57 times or 19 x 3
"Q" occurs in Chapter 42 a total of 57 times as well or 19 x 3 (note that if you take H.M.A.S.Q and total them in that chapter, they are also divisible by 19, this is true for all initialed Suras)

A strong indication in Sura 50, verse 1 tells us that "Q" stands for "Qu'ran"

Now if you take the only two "Q" initialed Suras 42 and 50 you get a total occurence of 114 or 19 x6. Also, there are a total of 114 chapters in the Qu'ran.

The word "Qu'ran" itself is mentioned in the whole Qu'ran 57 times or 19 x 3. Also the same number of times as Q is mentioned in the two above Suras.

In Sura 50 the Qu'ran is described as "Glorious" or "Majid" in arabic. "Q, and the glorious Qu'ran"

The word Majid has a mathematical value of 57 or 19 x 3. Also 57 is the same number we see as above.

Sura 42 has 53 verses and 42+53 = 19 x5 or 95
Sura 50 has 45 verses and 50+45 = 95 or 19 x 5 as well!

If you go to all Suras in the Qu'ran and look at verse "19" of each Sura and count the occurence of the letter Q, you get 76 total Q's or 19 x 4

Is this really all coincidence? How much evidence is required before something leaves "coincidence" and becomes "proof"? Also note that this is only a "small" portion of the mathematical miracle using one initial.

The challenge has always been on the table for someone to reproduce something as amazing as this mathematical miracle. We are still waiting to find someone who can write such an amazing scripture, mathematically coded, without losing meaning.

And remember, my friend, this was all 1400 years ago! How would someone without a computer have been able to design all this? There are other pieces of evidence you could not compute by hand! It even takes the computer 1000's of lines to read the numbers. How could a human being do it?

I hope this gives you an idea, dear Gnostic. This could never be imitated by people who use numbers for play or false magic.

Peace.