• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Qur'an quotes of the day.

Good morning.

I read the Qur'an semi-daily and write it as I go. I hope to understand it better and better and by the end of the year understand it good, God willing.

I would like to share some quotes.

2:189 The Red Heifer
"One who guards against evil out of reverence for God is Righteous with all certainty."

2:190
"Fight in God's cause [the cause of the good] only against those who wage war against you, do not be the aggressor, with certainty God despises aggressors."

2:191
"You may kill the aggressor whenever you come across them, drive them out of where they once drove you. For persecution is worse than killing."

To clarify, persecution involved mass killings throughout history and was worse than killing an aggressor who will kill you for sure.

Today we don't think of persecution as going hand in hand with violence but it did in ancient times from the earliest RCC times and getting worse over the centuries, first against Gnostics and heretics so called, later and always the Jews and alleged witches, all types of heinous crimes committed by the ignorant unenlightened Church of Rome.
2:192
"If they desist, God is Merciful and forgiving."

2:193
"Fight until the persecution has ended. Religion belongs to God only. After they desist allow no hostility, except against the aggressor who won't desist."

Islam is a reasonable religion. A great civilization that rivalled Rome and surpassed it in many regards with their scientific achievements and philosophers who were later ridiculed by Catholics inspired both the Islamic scientific revolution that provided the knowledge that lead Europe out of the Dark ages of scientific rejection. When Europe didn't even have soap the Arabs were mastering medicine, building hospitals and magnificent structures and lived in a Judeo-Christian-Muslim eutopia like the world may never see again.

All inspired by the miraculous Qur'an and the will to learn foreign knowledge if it be truth and adapt it to their religion.

Islam produced many philosophers who are responsible for libraries of books, the Qur'an is the most important and Holy Book in Islam for good reason. No religion spread as far as rapidly as Islam.

Under God's inspiration nothing is impossible that doesn't defy the way the Universe operates and even then...

InvestigateTruth

“On the Day when We will summon all men by their Imam; and he whose Book is given in his right hand shall read it, nor shall they be wronged a straw.” 17:71

With regards to this verse, it is recorded in traditions that Prophet Muhammad, said, “He shall call all people to the Imam of their age with Book of God, and tradition of their prophet”

And in Al-kafi, ‘Abdallah ibn Sinan narrated, "I asked abu ‘Abdallah (a.s.) about the meaning of , ‘On the Day when We will summon all men by their Imam . . ." (17:71) The Imam (a.s.) said, "It refers to the Imam who is with them and he is the Qa’im of the people of that time."

And Imam Reza has said ‘On the Day when We will summon all men by their Imam . . ." (17:71) , "It refers to the Day of Resurrection”.

Also recorded in the Tradition of Jabir, Imam Sadiq said, “By the night as it conceals” (92:1), “Night is the [period] of reign of Evil till the Day of Resurrection, which is the Day of rise of Qaim”.

Last edited:
“On the Day when We will summon all men by their Imam; and he whose Book is given in his right hand shall read it, nor shall they be wronged a straw.” 17:71

With regards to this verse, it is recorded in traditions that Prophet Muhammad, said, “He shall call all people to the Imam of their age with Book of God, and tradition of their prophet”

And in Al-kafi, ‘Abdallah ibn Sinan narrated, "I asked abu ‘Abdallah (a.s.) about the meaning of , ‘On the Day when We will summon all men by their Imam . . ." (17:71) The Imam (a.s.) said, "It refers to the Imam who is with them and he is the Qa’im of the people of that time."

And Imam Reza has said ‘On the Day when We will summon all men by their Imam . . ." (17:71) , "It refers to the Day of Resurrection”.

Also recorded in the Tradition of Jabir, Imam Sadiq said, “By the night as it conceals” (92:1), “Night is the [period] of reign of Evil till the Day of Resurrection, which is the Day of rise of Qaim”.

Thanks for the Wise Words. This is my first year studying as opposed to just reading the Qur'an. I have familiarized myself with its history of tolerance to most faiths including Judaism and Christianity. It would have been difficult for the literature of the Jews like the Zohar and Kabbalah itself if not for Islam and it's allowing Jews to prosper. They benefitted from the scientific and philosophical Mecca of the Islamic Empire as much as anyone. The treaty of Umar allowed this. No religion rose as fast as Islam and if you ask me from the last vestiges of Nazarene Messianic Judaism dwindling in the time of Epiphanius like the Nazarenes, Ebionites and essentially Petrine (anti Pauline) "Christianity" which through the books of Clement, the Kitab al Magall, were accessible to the Arabs and Syriac speaking peoples who never shined to Paul and preserved traditions about him, negative ones going back to the NT and Recognitions of Clement.

"...Do you believe in one part of the Book and deny another part of it?... " Quran 2:85

Never! The Qur'an is the Miracle of Mohammed (PBUH) who is the prophecied "Sword" of Jesus in the Gospels as Mohammed reinstituted the correct religion of the Israelites Messiah and his Apostles that Saul/Paul corrupted.

It was prophecied by Clement of Rome in the Phoenix in 1 Clement "600 years out of Arabia" which is odd since the Phoenix is Egyptian.

Rules of allegory. He was saying in 600 years, in 90AD, that from Arabia the prophecy would be fulfilled.

2:62
"The believers, Jews, Christians, Sabaeans--all those who believe in God and the Last Day and do good deeds, will be rewarded by God, no fear, no grief."

InvestigateTruth

"The Day that some of the Signs of your Lord do come, no good will it do to a person to believe then, if he believed not before, nor earned good through his Faith." (6:158). It is recorded in Bihar, that Imam Sadiq said this verse denotes the advent of the awaited Qaim from us.

“Indeed, those who reverence the Rites decreed by GOD demonstrate the righteousness of their hearts. In them are benefits to an Appointed Time, then their place is to the ancient House” 22:33

“He directeth the ordinance from the heaven unto the earth; then it ascendeth unto Him in a Day, whereof the measure is a thousand years of that ye reckon.” 32:5

Last edited: