• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quran (qati'i) evidence for imamate

Alulu

It would be nice if you could explain the fallacy of Shiasm that your wife discovered.

Assalamou aleikoum,

I saw your comment in another thread in the Sunni part. I have always been wondering if shia's could present qat'i Quranic evidence for their theological understanding of "imamate" (the 12 hidden imam's). My own father in law is a shia by the way (he converted from sunnism to shiism many years ago) so I am familiar with most of the beliefs. I personally do not have any problems with shias so I'm not out to get into a discussion or try to proof "you wrong".

Qati'i evidence are Quranic verses that can only be interpreted in one way, in its apparent meaning. One such example is the famous "Qul houwa Allahou ahad". This verse makes it very clear that Allah is one. Other Quranic verses can be open for multiple understandings because certain words have several meanings for example.

Last thing: as I have understood is the belief of "imamate" or "imamacy" a fundamental belief in order to be considered a muslim according to shia theology? Part of "arkaan al-imaan" (fundamentals of faith). Correct me If i'm wrong on this.