• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quran is free of errors

eugenius

The Truth Lies Within
Once again, your inability to read and digest the words of other people betrays you.
I am an agnostic - not an atheist. Take the time to read. It will save us all a lot of wasted effort in the future.

Where then, is your outrage about the killings of homosexuals and adulterers that is occuring in Iraq? You waste the time, effort, and bandwidth to spread this garbage about the "Glorious Koran", while not protesting the actions of other Muslims in the Middle East?

Not only are their actions wrong (morally speaking) - they are also in conflict with your sacred text.

Excellent point! Look into your own religion and people before trying to spread the word of your glorious Koran. There are many many problems with Islam that need to be corrected, it is not perfect, muslims are not perfect, nothing is perfect.

eugenius

The Truth Lies Within
Response: This is not true; for there are many christians who believe that thr bible is free from error and have a problem when the bible is accused of having errors.

Ok, but does that make them right Fatihah? You believe the Quran is 100% accurate, how is this any different and why are you correct?

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Historical Errors in the Koran

Here is but one sight I found making arguements.... there are a million out there. I'd like to see what all think about this.

Back to my arguement though:

If Allah is perfect and the Quaran is his perfect word:

Why does Allah change his laws of incest, etc...? If Allah were perfect would he not have made a perfect creation or made perfect law for an imperfect creation?

If A=B and B=C.... thus C=A and imperfection either way....

Gharib

I want Khilafah back

friend, do you actually believe in what that website says?

it wasn't abraham (as) who built the kabba, but it was Adam (as). abraham (as) and his son ishamel (as) rebuilt it.

and if the whereabouts of Abraham (as) are unknown then how did that person who has posted that issue know that Abraham (as) was not from meccah?

Here is but one sight I found making arguements.... there are a million out there. I'd like to see what all think about this.

yes there are millions, but unfortunately they are nothing.

Back to my arguement though:

If Allah is perfect and the Quaran is his perfect word:

Why does Allah change his laws of incest,
etc...?

Allah changes his laws due to time changes or due to corrupted books that Allah revealed to the people.

remeber how it was allowed for the son of adam (as) to marry his sister. that law is not required in the present day, due to the big number of humans.

If Allah were perfect would he not have made a perfect creation or made perfect law for an imperfect creation?

if he made a perfect creation, then we would not have free will. if we had no free will, then we would be in heaven rather than in this world. and hell would not exist.

If A=B and B=C.... thus C=A and imperfection either way....

there is imperfection due to free will. so our will as we know it is imperfect, thats why Allah is telling us to accept his will over ours in order to be perfect.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Why don't try to prove your claims, Quran is not wrong about the shape of the erath.

Sorry to tell you this, but the Greeks had already about 500 to 1000 year before hand figure out the shape and a really close circumference of the earth.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
yes there are millions, but unfortunately they are nothing.
Hell, that was easy.

I mean, it's not like you should actually read the critiques with an open mind, or actually address them.

No, no - you did the right thing. Just blow off the entire lot of them, close your mind, and continue to pretend that your holy book is both divine and inerrant.

Talk about self delusional ...

Fatihah

Ok, but does that make them right Fatihah? You believe the Quran is 100% accurate, how is this any different and why are you correct?

Response: What do you mean by "correct"? If you mean "is the qur'an free of contridictions" then the answer is yes and therefore it is correct. The bible on the other hand is full of them.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Response: What do you mean by "correct"? If you mean "is the qur'an free of contridictions" then the answer is yes and therefore it is correct. The bible on the other hand is full of them.
and the bible is not the only thing that is full of it, my friend.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Hell, that was easy.

I mean, it's not like you should actually read the critiques with an open mind, or actually address them.

critiques? i never saw any of hat. all i saw were cheap shots by a cheap idiot trying to make my religion false, when he himself doesn't have support for his claims.

No, no - you did the right thing. Just blow off the entire lot of them, close your mind, and continue to pretend that your holy book is both divine and inerrant.

i don't pretend. why the hell would i believe in something if it wasn't true?
i don't like your sarcasm that much, the other you is better.

Talk about self delusional ...

you can sure talk about that. god is just a pupy huh?

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
critiques? i never saw any of hat. all i saw were cheap shots by a cheap idiot trying to make my religion false, when he himself doesn't have support for his claims.
You are directly calling Comet an idiot. I have reported your post for the personal attack on Comet.

i don't pretend. why the hell would i believe in something if it wasn't true?
You do pretend. You pretend that you are listening to the words of others, reading their posts, and evaluating their arguments. The truth is, you have already made up your mind, and you are not even bothering to listen to what others are saying to you.

i don't like your sarcasm that much, the other you is better.
Sarcasm is a large part of who I am.

you can sure talk about that. god is just a pupy huh?
I am an agnostic. For me, God is not a pupy (sic) - he probably doesn't even exist. On second thought, I have no reason to believe that God doesn't take the form of a pupy (sic).

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
You are directly calling Comet an idiot. I have reported your post for the personal attack on Comet.

what the hell!!!

i didn't call Comet an idiot. i called the guy who has posted those "critiques" on that website. can you read properly? do you need glasses or something?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
You do pretend. You pretend that you are listening to the words of others, reading their posts, and evaluating their arguments. The truth is, you have already made up your mind, and you are not even bothering to listen to what others are saying to you.

no thats what you have done. if the quran is false then i will gladely accept that and leave islam. anything you recomed is what i will believe in next.

Sarcasm is a large part of who I am.

does that mean you are a joke?

I am an agnostic. For me, God is not a pupy (sic) - he probably doesn't even exist. On second thought, I have no reason to believe that God doesn't take the form of a pupy (sic).

whats agnosticism about?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
How is this any different then when you Muslims try and do this to everyone elses religions here.

ah but you see, that guy in the website, said that the verse in the quran that speaks about Abraham building tha kabba is false. no one knows the whereabouts of Abraham (where he has lived) so that makes the quran false.

but the thing is NO ONE KNOWS THE WHEREABOUTS OF ABRAHAM, so he too doesn't, and if he doesn't then how does he know that Abraham wa not from mecca?

go to that link that comet has posted and the very first thin that you will see is a discussion about the above.