• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quran does not say anything about.... (forbidden to say).

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

The lines "Quran does not say anything about..." I believe per Quran and Shiite hadiths, is forbidden to say. This is because per Quran and hadiths, Quran contains an explanation for all things pertaining to guiding humans. So much so the original istekhera of Quran (as opposed to what it has been turned to today) was to ask God to see a sign/proof for what needed in guidance in the Quran pertaining to the personal matter what one needed guidance for.

What's more correct to say is "I know Quran says the opposite of this and that, hence this is wrong, and the proof is..." or "I don't know what Quran says about x subject".

To talk about Quran not saying something is to rely on ignorance and lower the Quran to ones understanding.

Take for example the Mahdi in the Quran. It has the details and even more so then the hadiths. However, most people don't see how the Quran warns about the Mahdi even though it warns about him more then it does about the day of judgment.

Also, if there is a hadith, and one does not know for sure Quran rejects it, and rejects it, they have per hadiths (and per Quran per my understanding) disbelieved in the nature of Surah Fatiha and Quran in guidance and how Ahlulbayt (a) compliment it.