• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quotes

BSM1

What? Me worry?
"The main thing is, not to get excited."

A guy I use to work for many years ago. Always said this when a job wasn't behaving.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
"A man is necessary, a man is a piece of fatefulness, a man belongs to the whole, a man is in the whole; there is nothing that could judge, measure, compare, or sentence his being, for that would mean judging, measuring, comparing, or sentencing the whole. But there is nothing besides the whole. " - Nietzsche

Exhibitkris

Get the fat off your ***, get mad at the pain, and get out there. –H.Rollins

This isn’t meant to last, this is for right now. -T Reznor

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Rebooting this with a personal quote:

"If people didn't have sand in their crevices we'd never get pearls of wisdom."

Leftimies

Dwelling in the Principle
"By bringing shame to a person, how could one expect to make him a better man?"

- Hagakure (In the Shadow of Leaves), by Yamamoto Tsunetomo, noted samurai.

I.e, how can you expect to improve someone, if you constantly ridicule him for his failings?

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
I've lately been a fan of "Keep calm and carry on".

I think it's a good reminder to keep on truckin' and not let tough times get you upset.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
An Essay on the Principle of Population

The resurrection of a spiritual body from a natural body, which may be merely one among the many operations of nature which we cannot see, is an event indefinitely more probable than the immortality of man on earth, which is not only an event of which no symptoms or indications have yet appeared, but is a postitive contradiction to one of the most constant laws of nature.

I am glad I am rereading this, it is funny and still comtemporary. I doubt I got the humor in High School.