• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quote of the day

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
quote-meditation-can-help-us-embrace-our-worries-our-fear-our-anger-and-that-is-very-healing-nhat-hanh-12-30-95.jpg

TOP 25 MEDITATION QUOTES (of 1000) | A-Z Quotes

Enjoy the rest of your brosing!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
One is happy as a result of one's own efforts, once one knows of the necessary ingredients of happiness-simple tastes, a certain degree of courage, self-denial to a point, love of work, and, above all, a clear conscience. Happiness is no vague dream, of that I now feel certain.

TOP 25 QUOTES BY GEORGE SAND (of 176) | A-Z Quotes

Read much more here - plus the "similar" authors listed at right of screeen.

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Nobody escapes being wounded. We are all wounded people, whether physically, emotionally, mentally, or spiritually. The main question is not, 'How can we hide our wounds?' so we don't have to be embarrassed, but 'How can we put our woundedness in the service of others?' When our wounds cease to be a source of shame, and become a source of healing, we have become wounded healers.

Henri Nouwen

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
And what is an authentic madman? It is a man who preferred to become mad, in the socially accepted sense of the word, rather than forfeit a certain superior idea of human honor. So society has strangled in its asylums all those it wanted to get rid of or protect itself from, because they refused to become its accomplices in certain great nastinesses. For a madman is also a man whom society did not want to hear and whom it wanted to prevent from uttering certain intolerable truths.

Antonin Artaud

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the silent devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source.

Doris Day

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“What keeps us unhappy and stuck in a limited view of reality is our tendency to seek pleasure and avoid pain, to seek security and avoid groundlessness, to seek comfort and avoid discomfort. This is how we keep ourselves enclosed in a cocoon. Life in our cocoon is cozy and secure. The mind is always seeking zones of safety, and these zones of safety are continually falling apart. That’s the essence of samsara – the cycle of suffering that comes from continuing to seek happiness in all the wrong places.”

Pema Chodron

For much more - click below -

Articles

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Mindfulness is simply being aware of what is happening right now without wishing it were different enjoying the pleasant without holding on when it changes (which it will); being with the unpleasant without fearing it will always be this way (which it won't).

~ James Baraz

A whole bunch of quotes here -

Quote Gallery

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Close friendships are one of life's miracles - that a few people get to know you deeply, all your messy or shadowy stuff along with the beauty and sweetness, and they still love you. Not only still love you, but love you more and more deeply. I would do anything for my closest friends, and they would do almost anything for me, and that is about as spiritual a truth as you can get.

TOP 25 QUOTES BY ANNE LAMOTT (of 647) | A-Z Quotes

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I define connection as the energy that exists between people when they feel seen, heard, and valued; when they can give and receive without judgment; and when they derive sustenance and strength from the relationship.

Brené Brown

Cheers!