• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quote-of-the-day

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"On a deeper level you are already complete. When you realize that, there is a playful, joyous energy behind what you do."

~ Eckhart Tolle

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Suffering becomes beautiful when anyone bears great calamities with cheerfulness, not through insensibility but through greatness of mind."

~ Aristotle

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Opportunities to find deeper powers within ourselves come when life seems most challenging."

~ Joseph Campbell

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"When a man points a finger at someone else, he should remember that four of his fingers are pointing to himself."

~ Louis Nizer

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"The miracle is not to walk on water. The miracle is to walk on the green earth, dwelling deeply in the present moment and feeling truly alive."

~ Thich Nhat Hanh

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Meditation practice isn't about trying to throw ourselves away or become something better. It's about befriending who we are already."

~ Pema Chodron

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Many expressions that are in common usage, and sometimes the structure of language itself, reveal the fact that people don't know who they are. You say: "He lost his life" or "my life," as if life were something that you can possess or lose. The truth is: you don't have a life, you are life. The One Life, the one consciousness that pervades the entire universe and takes temporary form to experience itself as a stone or blade of grass, as an animal, a person, a star or a galaxy. Can you sense deep within that you already know that? Can you sense that you already are That?"

~ Eckhart Tolle

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof."

~ Galbraith's Law

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So, what the hell, leap!"

~ Cynthia Heimel

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"We would have much peace if we would not busy ourselves with the sayings and doings of others."

~ Thomas À Kempis

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity."

~ Keshavan Nair

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem."

~ Theodore Rubin

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Like a goldfish who never suspects a greater world beyond the ponds surface, the limited awareness of humankind floats beneath the surface of a greater reality; groping, mouth agape in total ignorance. After studing all major religions, out of body experiences, near death experiences, hauntings, psychics and memories of previous lifetimes through regressive hypnosis techniques, I have indeed deduced that we are not people having spiritual experiences, but spirits having human experiences."

~ Paul Schroeder

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Let no one come to you without leaving better or happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile and kindness in your warm greeting."

~ Mother Teresa

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Read, every day, something no one else is reading.
Think, every day, something no one else is thinking.
Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do.
It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

~ Christopher Morley

Sakeenah

I never wish to offend but I am so foolishly
Shy, that I often seem negligent.when I am only kept back by my natural awkwardness.

-Edward Ferrars

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when you discover that someone else believes in you and is willing to trust you with a friendship."

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson