• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quote for the day

esmith

Veteran Member
From an unnamed source.

"Apparently, I’m supposed to be more outraged by what Mitt Romney does with his money than by what Barack Obama does with mine."

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
From an unnamed source.

"Apparently, I’m supposed to be more outraged by what Mitt Romney does with his money than by what Barack Obama does with mine."

Unnamed source, eh...
I googled the phrase, and all I found were right-wing propaganda outlets, who also did not appear to know the original source.

Not very convinced that it wasn't made up as a talking point by right-wing propagandists, and at any rate, the quote doesn't make a whole lot of sense itself. It seems to imply that Obama's spending "your" money, and this makes him unique somehow (are the Republicans going to abolish all taxes?).

"Your" money doesn't belong to you. The government created it, and the government should decide what to do with it.

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
From an unnamed source.

Sounds like something John Stossel would say...I really hate that man.

Plus, its not President Obama who solely decides where our tax dollars go...in fact, hold up a mirror...it's us! If our political system is flawed and we have nobody to blame but our own ignorant indifferent obese selves.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Plus, its not President Obama who solely decides where our tax dollars go...in fact, hold up a mirror...it's us! If our political system is flawed and we have nobody to blame but our own ignorant indifferent obese selves.
Yup .
icon14.gif

dust1n

Zindīq
If you don't feel like watching, meaning, I guess this probably made up quote is regarding the 'insult' Obama mentioned in his speech about not being born with a silver spoon in his mouth, which he has done consistently for the last three years, and Steve Doocy from Fox News, while talking to Romney, told Romney Obama said this, except he added "Unlike some people," which was then quoted by the New York and Washington Post.

dust1n

Zindīq
So, apprently the quote mentioned really appeared in a letter to the editor in The Dallas Morning news by a douche from Plano called Allen Shaffer. Source: How much does Romney's wealth matter to the rest of us? | Letters to the Editor | dallasnews.com

Good one, Allen.

I wonder though... If Obama was using your money to help people, and Romney was using his own money to greedily take control of the country to support his big money-making friends, then you should probably be more concered with Romney's private money... not to say that any of this is the case.