• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quiz; Do we need more alien technology?

Do we need more alien technology?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ralphg

Let's say aliens are responsible for some of the break-thru technologies known to men to date. For example they taught us to; make fire, create tools and weapons, create an agricultural society, how to build a steamengine, etc. Let's assume men has learned from these examples and is now evolved enough to invent new technologies on their own (although maybe on a slower pace). Do you think humankind still needs aliens to assist in their technical progression or do you think 'we are save for the future to come' and can make it on our own (that is live on forever as a species or be destroyed by our own pollution and/or wars).

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
There's still a thousand years of technology to be developed.
If we actually got some form of advanced alien technology it would increase progress tremendously.

However, i doubt such a thing will ever happen.
i doubt even more that there was even any alien intervention in the first place.

Last edited:

ThirtyThree

I am not certain we currently have any "alien" technology. However, there are positives and negatives regarding the rapid introduction of advanced technology. Are you familiar with "future shock"?

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Actually, IMHO I have a warning about the premise here that all aliens are here to give us neat new stuff or some bravo technology, like some newfangled supercharger air conditioning system or indoor heating (cold today), or some magic machine which can turn water into gasoline (that would be cool) or something.

All aside, not all the aliens who came were good, some were bad, some were even stupid sort of – look at the Rakshasas. Doesn’t matter if they can fly around in space ships, there is always some assumption that makes them smart, maybe they are only smart about space ships but not other things and are here just so we can show them our tobacco or they just want to rip off our gold we have here in Kalifornia.

Do not assume the aliens who have come were all the “same aliens”. They may have been one sort of alien here, but a totally different alien over there.

But if I go with the premise you mean the GOOD aliens, than I would say, bring it on and show me what you can do to replace my current smartphone and give me some more 3-D sort of device. Or whatever else they got.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
What we need is consciousness. Science and technology, even knowledge and study, can sometimes be used wrongly. We need to show that we can use them well and maturely; then we deserve technology. What's the point of helping us as a society with much technology if we can't handle our own?

That being said, I still think the answer is no. Even though it would make things great at a little bit of discomfort, I think the Book Intelligent Design (by Rael) has already been given to us and can guide us all we want to getting more technology. It might be better to not get their technology if as a consequence we also don't have to start the human race over.

I voted no.

Last edited:

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Let's say aliens are responsible for some of the break-thru technologies known to men to date. For example they taught us to; make fire, create tools and weapons, create an agricultural society, how to build a steamengine, etc. Let's assume men has learned from these examples and is now evolved enough to invent new technologies on their own (although maybe on a slower pace). Do you think humankind still needs aliens to assist in their technical progression or do you think 'we are save for the future to come' and can make it on our own (that is live on forever as a species or be destroyed by our own pollution and/or wars).

I think God certainly made technology available, stored millions of years of fuel underground for us to use - without which we would not be having this conversation.

I believe he helped guide the greatest scientific discoveries we have made, by men of faith like George Lemaitre and Max Plank, and I think he will continue to see us through advancements, but we must also have to free will to make mistakes and learn from them: Like the Chevy Volt :oops:

David1967

Premium Member
Man has not used technology very wisely. Why should he be given access to more of it?

You make a good point. I think it very possible that if more advanced beings have met us, that we are under quarantine until further notice.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I will try to read this thread soon and then try to come up with the Raelian perspective as well as I can state it when I can.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
To be fair, they didn't "give" us any technology. They sold it to us in exchange for anal probing rights to rural citizens.

Rational Agnostic

I highly doubt that extraterrestrials are responsible for break-though technologies in humans. But, at this stage in our evolution, we certainly could use some help from a more advanced alien civilization! Maybe extraterrestrial contact would unite humanity as in Carl Sagan's Contact scenario.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Whether we are in stasis or they share with us everything or in between depends on our relationship with Aliens, our persistence, love and luck.

However, despite what I've posted already, I really don't know! I have changed my vote from no to not sure.

Last edited: