• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quite telling

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I receive less messages and visions from God and the spirits once my antipsychotic medication kicks in. What does that mean? :p

I receive less messages and visions from God and the spirits once my antipsychotic medication kicks in. What does that mean? :p
Means you might need to find other ways of connecting with God.

Same thing happened with me when I started taking antipsychotic meds. Made me pretty sad but anything is better than being eaten alive by your own mind.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
You might yet have genuine mystical experiences, but probably not unless you are first cured of psychosis. If the medicine is helping with the psychosis, good for it -- good for you!

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member

What do you think it means? There are many interpretive narratives that could come out of the situation. I couldn't tell you which is the right one (if there is a right one at all).

Does it mean your experiences weren't genuine? I don't know.

Does it mean that the medication interferes with your connection? I don't know.

Honestly, I think the answer to this is less important than the answer to "how am I functioning overall in life right now?" At least in your case, from what I know of your situation.

Reaper

Ave Satanas
It means that your meds are working which is great! I'm actually on anti-psychotics myself for hallucinations and paranoia and they work beautifully, glad to hear they're helping you as well.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
It means it is enough to be who you are and not hear voices. Being you is normal and fine. Voices are noisy interference. If God wants your attention God can get it without having to impede your thought processes.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

IMO, it means they are limiting your subconscious mind's ability to affect your conscious experience.

Your subconscious mind can cause all kinds of mischief for your conscious experience. Antipsychotic medication either limits the brain's ability to transmit information or limits your emotional response to them.

At first I saw the subconscious mind as the enemy. Causing me to feel things I didn't want to feel. Causing me to do things I'd later regret.

Meditation cases a weird kind of dualism. I could separate myself from the thoughts and feelings I was experiencing. Then I could observe them and start wondering as to their source. Some thoughts were good, pleasant. Other thoughts not so much.

Being able to observe these influences as separate from my conscious awareness allowed me to have more control over which to accept, which to reject. I suspect antipsychotic medication just blocks it all. Limits the ability of the subconscious mind to affect your conscious awareness. This allows your conscious, rational, analytical mind to be in control.

The subconscious mind is not the enemy but neither is it rational or analytical. Your conscious self has to learn to govern all of the feelings, impulses, desires communicated to your conscious awareness, IMO.

Drugs don't do this but they do allow your conscious self to be in control and that's the goal.

I know a guy that reports the same experience but he has also stopped breathing on a few of those occasions. Probably unrelated but some say those meds can actually cause you harm? I don't have to take them so I wouldn't know for sure.