• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions...

Jos

Holy Ghost,
Is the Holy Ghost personal or impersonal? And if God the Father is a spirit and the Holy Ghost is a spirit, wouldn't they be the same entity?
Jesus Christ is the literal, physical Son of a divine Father and a mortal Mother.
Not to be facetious or disrespectful but if as you said above, all humans are God's children, then couldn't Jesus being conceived by a mortal, human mother along with having a Divine Father be considered an act of incest?
We also believe that after His death and after the deaths of His Apostles, men changed the doctrines and organization of His Church.
If God is sovereign over the universe wouldn't this be a part of His plan or wouldn't He at least have had some control over what happened?
We believe that He was personally involved in reestablishing His Church and that He called a new prophet (Joseph Smith) to lead the restored Church, just as the Apostle Peter had led it after Christ's death.
Why not put Joseph Smith or someone else who He trusted in charge in the first place to prevent the situation from occurring?
I'm sure He was, but how fulfilling do you believe eternal stagnation would have been to someone who had the power to create an entire universe and populate it with billions of unique spirit children? How could God love if there was nothing for Him to love?
Couldn't it have been enough to just love His Son Jesus?

And thanks for the responses they were informative and enlightening.

Jos

Actually, it was introduced into an already weakened church to mask the true identity of God, making it easy for those 'Christians' to break God's law without even being fully aware of it. That is what deception accomplishes. Satan's MO is to divide and conquer.

If you Google pagan trinities, you will find them in other unrelated religious systems, so it's something that can be traced back to ancient Babylon. Most of the core beliefs of all religions, originate from post flood Babylon. If you go back in Biblical history, after the flood, it didn't take long for humans to again get hooked by the devil. (Destroying that world was a stopgap measure to prevent humans from descending into that level of wickedness too soon as a result of direct demonic interference) It was to get his purpose back on track.

Nimrod was Noah's great-grandson, and after God had instructed humans to spread abroad in the earth, Nimrod had other ideas, instead, he gathered followers and began building cities. (One of them was Babel) He topped off his empire with a huge tower "with its top in the heavens" in order to make a great name for himself. The outcome is recorded in Genesis 11:1-9. Those influenced by Nimrod took their corrupted ideas with them all over the world, which is why we see the same core beliefs among many belief systems. (e.g. multiplicities of gods, immortal souls, hellfire and others)

It is believed that the trinity originated with Nimrod's family arrangement, which was morally disgusting. (A whole 'nother story) It was originally a concept that did not originate with God, but it became accepted as a foundational doctrine in a corrupted church that would hold sway for many centuries. It would have made the pagans feel right at home......but it was a lie.
Wow interesting.
So Jesus was "existing in God's form" before he "emptied himself" to take on human form. What does that mean? What form does God have? Scripturally, "God is a spirit"....so logically and scripturally all beings who inhabit the spirit realm are spirits, so existing in God's form simply meant that Jesus was formerly a spirit. He voluntarily gave up that form to become a human.

He "gave no consideration to a seizure...that he should be equal with God". Many translation render this part inaccurately to suggest that Jesus was God, but in the Greek, it reads the opposite....he was never "seized" by the idea of equality with God. It was unthinkable! Everything he taught makes this apparent.

He "humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death" Obedient to whom?
How does one part of God "become obedient" to an equal part of himself?

Then we find that on completion of his mission that God "exalted him to a superior position" and "gave him a name that is above every other name." Think about that. How does God "exalt" an equal part of himself when he already occupies the most exalted position in the Universe?

And how does God give a part of himself a name that is above the one he already has as "The Most High over all the earth"? (Psalm 83:18 KJV) Does that make sense to you?

And in all of this, "every tongue" was going to "openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord" (not God) "to the glory of God the Father". So instead of accepting glory for himself, all he ever did was for the glory of his God and Father.
Wow that actually makes sense, and it makes sense too that Jesus wouldn't know when He would return to earth... if He was God it would be impossible for Him not to know. So is worshipping Jesus, a form of idolatry?
But there was nothing that the Jews did to Jesus that was necessary
So Jesus' death on the cross wasn't necessary? And if killing Him wasn't legal then why does the Bible say that a human sacrifice for sins is the only way sins can be forgiven?
The confusion you feel is carefully orchestrated....many are experiencing it. They have the same sort of questions and are often made to feel guilty for asking them. We should be free to ask anything about God. He wants us to get to know him....but how do you gain such knowledge from people who have only a shallow acquaintance with him? Or whose experience is tainted by satanic counterfeits.
Yeah I've only been here for a short time and I've learned a lot.
Salvation is not assured just because we profess a belief in Jesus. For the merits of Jesus' sacrifice to apply to us individually, we have to prove ourselves worthy. Anyone can say "I believe", but its your actions that prove it...talk is cheap.
OK I understand but why do some people insist that it's based on grace and faith alone when believers clearly also have to do things to be saved?
The dinosaurs were long extinct before humans ever walked the earth. Perhaps they served a purpose for a time and then God had finished with them and allowed them to die out naturally? He doesn't mention them probably because they were never going to be part of man's existence anyway? Something to discover later perhaps.....? :)
Ok, perhaps idk... but what purpose could they have served if they just killed other animals or consumed most of the world's vegetation?

Jos

Add to that the flood of Noah's day and we have a water canopy surrounding the earth that God used to flood the earth, (2 Peter 3:5-6) removing something that may well have shielded us from a good deal of radiation from the sun, and altering the carbon dating results. It may also explain why human lifespans were drastically reduced after the flood.....from hundreds of years to a mere three score and ten.
With respect to Noah's flood I heard that other cultures and peoples existed around the time that it happened that would have been wiped out by the flood but weren't like the Egyptians, is that true?
So if God was still "working", what did Jesus mean? How does God work on his Sabbath? The only "work" God was "resting" (or abstaining from) from was his creative work. He was till working in every other way, as was Jesus, for the salvation of mankind during his Sabbath rest.
Does God pray so that people can be saved? How exactly does He work to save people?
By our disobedience we too can miss out on the benefits of the Sabbath Rest Day of God. It will end when God's first purpose has been achieved at the end of the 1,000 year reign of Christ.
What is His first purpose?
And if we're in a period of rest then shouldn't everyone be relaxed and happy?
God can soften hearts when his purpose requires it...or he can let them be when he needs to demonstrate something from which his people can learn.
But isn't He softening the person's heart against their free will?
Jesus told us to be no part of that world. When he was on earth, the Romans were oppressing the Jews and some were plotting an overthrow. Jesus did not ever tell his disciples to become part of satan's ruling authority. (John 18:36) Nor did he ever advocate fighting against it. God would deal with all of that. (Daniel 2:44) If we are citizens of God's Kingdom, we can't be citizens of satan's kingdom, yet we are to obey them as long as they don't ask us to break God's laws.
Wasn't King David in a political position? Didn't God want certain people to have political power and be kings and judges and authorities over certain areas in the Bible?
When we look at the entertainment industry, it not difficult to see it as a platform for the devil. Music, TV, movies, computer games...can all be used for his deceptive purposes....but it doesn't mean we can't listen to music or watch TV or go to the movies or even play video games....we just have to be selective.
Not all of it is contaminated with immorality, bad language or spiritistic themes.....but most of it is. Sometimes it means walking out of a movie or turning off the TV if we find ourselves questioning its content. I always like the thought that if Jesus was sitting beside me would he approve of what I was watching? That is always a good test.
Is it sinful to watch shows that portray magic even though yiu as a Christian don't agree with the magic being portrayed in it? Because I've heard someone say that it's fine to watch shows that portray sin as long as you don't accept or approve of the sinful parts
Preaching isn't just words. We are not to bombard our family members, Bible bashing them to death!
That's what the person was trying to avoid... I should have worded my earlier post better
Something happens in the intervening period and now they want to know what we have to say about those things. That is how it was with me. I always turned JW's away because I didn't think they had anything of value to give to me.....but when I lost my father, I wanted some answers. They were the only ones who had any. Now I have them too. It makes me
I'm sorry about what happened but I'm glad you were able to find answers
That's reassuring. Thank you for reading my very detailed responses. Please let me know if it is too much.
No it's not too much thanks

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Wow that actually makes sense, and it makes sense too that Jesus wouldn't know when He would return to earth... if He was God it would be impossible for Him not to know. So is worshipping Jesus, a form of idolatry?

Yes, now you can see why we need to take stock of what we are taught to believe and compare it to the Bible. There is no trinity in the Bible, and if Jesus is not God then worshipping him as though he was, is indeed a form of idolatry. Putting him in equal place with his Father is blasphemy.

So Jesus' death on the cross wasn't necessary? And if killing Him wasn't legal then why does the Bible say that a human sacrifice for sins is the only way sins can be forgiven?

Actually what I meant was the manner of his death, not his death per se. The Sanhedrin held an illegal trial and brought in false witnesses in order to have Jesus charged with blasphemy. After a night of intense interrogation, Jesus was brought by the Jewish leaders to Pilate. They were told to take Jesus and judge him themselves, but the accusers replied that it was not lawful for them to execute anyone.

Pilate then took Jesus into the palace and questioned him concerning the charges. It was evident that Jesus was innocent. However, repeated attempts by Pilate to free Jesus brought only an increase in the shouting for Jesus’ death. Fearing a riot and seeking to placate the crowd, Pilate acceded to their wishes, washing his hands as though cleansing himself from bloodguilt, but not before having Jesus whipped and humiliated. The Jews had threatened to report Pilate to Caesar for treason, so he gave them what they wanted, even though he knew Jesus was innocent.

Jesus had to die, but the Jews made sure that it was a painful as possible. Execution on a stake was an extremely painful way to die, but true to prophesy Jesus died with no broken bones. It was customary for the Romans to break the legs of such victims to hasten their death and the criminals hung alongside Jesus both had their legs broken, When they came to Jesus they found that he had already passed away. (John 19:32-34)

Yeah I've only been here for a short time and I've learned a lot.

Excellent! There are a wide variety of views and opinions here, and its good to examine them and take away what resonates with you. (John 8:32)

OK I understand but why do some people insist that it's based on grace and faith alone when believers clearly also have to do things to be saved?

The most misunderstood word for a lot of Christians is "grace". Some use it as a license to sin, believing that "once saved, always saved" gives them permission to do whatever they like because "grace" has them covered. That is not what Jesus taught. One must endure in a Christian course till the end in order to be saved. Unless repentance is genuine, and demonstrable, there can be no forgiveness. (Revelation 2:5; James 4:8; 17; Acts 17:30)

"But the one who has endured to the end will be saved."
(Matthew 24: 13) If we don't have works to back up our faith, then it is a pointless exercise.

Nothing Jesus requires is difficult. It just takes self-control which is a fruit of God's spirit. (Galatians 5:22-24) We never fight alone. (Hebrews 13:5-6)

Ok, perhaps idk... but what purpose could they have served if they just killed other animals or consumed most of the world's vegetation?

Since the creative days may well have been millions of years in length, then perhaps enormous munching machines were needed to get the vegetation under control? :shrug: We can only speculate because the Bible does not mention them. We know that they once walked the earth but we don't know how they left. We can only be grateful that they did. :p The only animals mentioned were the wild and domestic animals that Adam was asked to name.

I hope you never run out of questions Jos.....this is really keeping me on my toes. Thanks.:)

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
With respect to Noah's flood I heard that other cultures and peoples existed around the time that it happened that would have been wiped out by the flood but weren't like the Egyptians, is that true?

Adam's children had multiplied and had occupied the area around Shinar in Mesopotamia, where the Garden of Eden is thought to have been located.
His now sinful descendants had been overtaken by the "Nephilim", whom the Bible describes as "giants" that were the offspring of human women and materialized angels, who as an abuse of their free will, took on flesh for unnatural purposes. This was an extremely disastrous outcome for the human race and plunged them into ruin both spiritually and physically as these gigantic bullies had their way. They were violent and immoral in the extreme. The flood wiped out those monstrous freaks (who had no right to exist) and sent their errant fathers back to the spirit realm to be placed under a condition of restraint. They were never said to materialize again. They would work their evil mischief and deception in other ways.

It wasn't till after the flood that God commanded the humans to spread abroad in the earth. No one died in the flood who didn't deserve to. The whole human race was ruined in God's sight. (Genesis 6:11-12)

Does God pray so that people can be saved? How exactly does He work to save people?

God works by seeing to it that all hearts are examined to see if there is a possibility that they can qualify for life in the "new earth" to come. (2 Peter 3:13)
Its not a new planet, but a whole new operating system....cleansed of the old one, this time God is going to lead mankind back to the life he meant for them at the beginning. He does so by appointing Jesus as King of the kingdom that will rule mankind and bring them back into the same sinless state that Adam once enjoyed.

What is His first purpose?
And if we're in a period of rest then shouldn't everyone be relaxed and happy?

God's first purpose is ascertained by reading the first few chapters of Genesis. God created a park-like garden for his human children with provision for everything they could possibly need to make them healthy and happy. He even stationed a guardian to make sure that everything ran smoothly....but that guardian abused his position of trust and hijack the human race for his own selfish purpose. We have already discussed what that led to.

God's rest day was suppose to see the humans multiply and "subdue" the earth so that the whole planet would become like Eden. It was meant to be a time to celebrate the completion of his earthly creation and enjoyment by his children in what he had generously given them. It was also a time to work out any problems, should they arise....so no matter what happened, God would deal with it in this allotted time before continuing on with whatever plans he has for the rest of the Universe....it is exciting to contemplate what they might be....its a vast space out there with so many possibilities.

But isn't He softening the person's heart against their free will?

He cannot soften what is hard to begin with. He will either allow a person to express their own personality like he did with Pharaoh, or if he can see a softer attitude in someone, he will use it to accomplish his will. Do you know anything about Cyrus, the Persian King who overthrew Babylon? He is a good example of that. Fascinating story. He was named hundreds of years before he was born as the one who would liberate God's people from Babylon.

Wasn't King David in a political position? Didn't God want certain people to have political power and be kings and judges and authorities over certain areas in the Bible?

When God's people occupied their own land with their own borders shared with hostile nations, God gave Israel ways to protect themselves from their enemies. At first he was their King and he used Moses as his representative, then Joshua. But because the other nations had a visible King, they too wanted a monarch. God warned them about what a king would do to his nation but they wouldn't listen so he gave them what they demanded and the Kings proved to be the nation's downfall on many occasions. It was God's nation so everything they did had to be sanctioned by him. No war was fought without God's approval and victory was always the result of God's backing. If they fought a war without God's sanction, they were roundly defeated.

When Jesus walked the Earth, he never once recommended that his disciples try to alter the political system in any way. The world is ruled by the devil so we are to have no part of that arrangement. (1 John 5:19; John 18:36) We are not to emulate its greedy lifestyle or to copy its ways. (1 john 2:15-17) Its all going.

Is it sinful to watch shows that portray magic even though yiu as a Christian don't agree with the magic being portrayed in it? Because I've heard someone say that it's fine to watch shows that portray sin as long as you don't accept or approve of the sinful parts

Again, would you be happy for Jesus to be sitting beside you? Magic is the devil's power and even though it is often portrayed as harmless fun, the one who uses magic is the same devil who fooled Eve. He can make the good look bad and the bad look good to people who don't know what he's up to. He starts young with little children....magic draws them in. How much of children's entertainment is tied up with magic? God forbade the Israelites to have anything to do with it. (Deuteronomy 18:9-12)
Its not harmless and I don't think its a good idea to allow the devil to entertain you.

I'm sorry about what happened but I'm glad you were able to find answers

Thank you. It was a long time ago and I have since lost a husband. Life is not at all fair, but at least I know why, and I know what God is going to do about it.

I stressed about my Dad being as upset at the sudden separation from us as we were from him. I needed to know where he was and that he was OK.
It was such a relief to know that he was just "sleeping" like Jesus' friend Lazarus. (John 11:11-14) I look forward to seeing them both again some day soon.

No it's not too much thanks

That's a relief. Good talking with you. :)

Last edited:
First question for people of a Christian persuasion:
Why did God create anything at all if He existed by Himself in perfect relationship as a Holy Trinity having everything He would ever want or need?

The whole point is to show that a creature with FREEWILL and thought can conclude that God is the perfect glorious god. Theres not much detail about the politics of heaven but Apparently some angels were doubting that God is as perfect as he says. Ephesians talks about this but ephesians 3:10 is pretty direct. Also note the dual meaning in ezekial chap 28 particularly verses 11-19. Being omnipotent means that by nature there are things God cannot do such as lie, self destruct, and it is impossible to make true love ( side comment ever see harry potter and the live potion scene?).
This is also why miracles dont happen anymore ( 1 Corinthians 13:8-12) because they sort of tamper with someones freewill its like cheating like if you give a million dollars to someone they obviously will love you.

Last edited:

Jos

Jesus had to die, but the Jews made sure that it was a painful as possible. Execution on a stake was an extremely painful way to die, but true to prophesy Jesus died with no broken bones. It was customary for the Romans to break the legs of such victims to hasten their death and the criminals hung alongside Jesus both had their legs broken, When they came to Jesus they found that he had already passed away. (John 19:32-34)
Let's say for a moment that Jesus didn't die because of the Jews, how would He have died if the Jews didn't kill him?
Nothing Jesus requires is difficult. It just takes self-control which is a fruit of God's spirit. (Galatians 5:22-24) We never fight alone.
Isn't fighting against your sin nature a difficult thing to do?
I hope you never run out of questions Jos.....this is really keeping me on my toes. Thanks.:)
You're welcome
It wasn't till after the flood that God commanded the humans to spread abroad in the earth. No one died in the flood who didn't deserve to. The whole human race was ruined in God's sight.
So the Egyptians were wiped out by the flood? That's not what the historical records say.
God's rest day was suppose to see the humans multiply and "subdue" the earth so that the whole planet would become like Eden. It was meant to be a time to celebrate the completion of his earthly creation and enjoyment by his children in what he had generously given them. It was also a time to work out any problems, should they arise....so no matter what happened, God would deal with it in this allotted time before continuing on with whatever plans he has for the rest of the Universe....it is exciting to contemplate what they might be....its a vast space out there with so many possibilities.
With respect to the garden of Eden, where did it go? It's said that God put a cherubim in front of it so that humans couldn't go back to it but where did it go since it's not around anymore?
or if he can see a softer attitude in someone, he will use it to accomplish his will
But again doesn't softening someone's heart without them knowing acting against their free will?
Thank you. It was a long time ago and I have since lost a husband. Life is not at all fair, but at least I know why, and I know what God is going to do about it.

I stressed about my Dad being as upset at the sudden separation from us as we were from him. I needed to know where he was and that he was OK.
It was such a relief to know that he was just "sleeping" like Jesus' friend Lazarus. (John 11:11-14) I look forward to seeing them both again some day soon.
I hope everything's OK with you... and again I hope you got support after what happened with your husband. I hope everything turns out OK with you.
That's a relief. Good talking with you.
Thanks, it's nice talking to you too.

Jos

The whole point is to show that a creature with FREEWILL and thought can conclude that God is the perfect glorious god. Theres not much detail about the politics of heaven but Apparently some angels were doubting that God is as perfect as he says. Ephesians talks about this but ephesians 3:10 is pretty direct. Also note the dual meaning in ezekial chap 28 particularly verses 11-19. Being omnipotent means that by nature there are things God cannot do such as lie, self destruct, and it is impossible to make true love ( side comment ever see harry potter and the live potion scene?).
This is also why miracles dont happen anymore ( 1 Corinthians 13:8-12) because they sort of tamper with someones freewill its like cheating like if you give a million dollars to someone they obviously will love you.
Just some questions:
Why does God want people to recognize how awesome He is?
Also all and any miracles that happen today aren't from God?
Didn't showing miracles to nonbelievers in the early church violate their free will?
Are you a Unitarian or Trinitarian?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I'm glad you're back....I wondered where you'd got to.
happy0144.gif

Let's say for a moment that Jesus didn't die because of the Jews, how would He have died if the Jews didn't kill him?

If you remember, as soon as Adam and his wife had sinned, God uttered his first prophesy.

To the serpent God said....

"And I shall place hatred between you and between the woman, and between your seed and between her seed. He will crush your head, and you will bite his heel." (Genesis 3:15 Tanach)

The players in this scenario remained a mystery for many centuries. Eve may have thought that she was the "woman" in the prophesy, but as God revealed more of the "sacred mystery", the identity of the serpent (not specifically named in scripture as the devil till the Revelation) and the woman became clearer.

The serpent would produce seed or offspring. Jesus identified the Pharisees as sons of the devil who wished to carry out his desires. (John 8:44) So opposers of God's Messiah would be the seed of the devil. These would deliver the "heel" wound. (not fatal)

The "woman" was not Eve because Jesus was not a sinful offspring of Adam and his wife....he came from heaven, so the "woman" who figuratively gave birth to him was God's "wife"....his heavenly family of spirit creatures. "She" was his "mother" and God was his "Father".

The devil's seed were going to deal God's anointed a non-fatal heel wound (something that would temporarily disable him, but from which he would recover) so it was Jesus who identified those who were going to deliver the "bite".
It wasn't just that it was the Pharisees doing satan's dirty work, but that he got God's people.....his chosen nation, to murder their own Messiah.
The prophesy was accurate because God sees the future. (Isaiah 46:10)

Isn't fighting against your sin nature a difficult thing to do?

For those without God's spirit it can be hard.

Gal 25:19-24....
"Now the works of the flesh are plainly seen, and they are sexual immorality, uncleanness, brazen conduct, 20 idolatry, spiritism, hostility, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, dissensions, divisions, sects, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and things like these. I am forewarning you about these things, the same way I already warned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit God’s Kingdom.

22 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Moreover, those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed to the stake the flesh together with its passions and desires."

You see here from Paul the clear distinction between what is desired by the flesh and what is produced by God's spirit.

If we have God on our side, then battles with the flesh can be won. God's spirit is stronger than we are.

So the Egyptians were wiped out by the flood? That's not what the historical records say.

The Bible does not give us the origins of the Egyptian civilization. But highlights its involvement with Israel through Joseph's brothers selling him into slavery in Egypt and him being sent ahead of his family in order to preserve the family line of the Messiah.

Whatever civilizations were wiped out in the flood, God said that "all flesh had ruined its way" so apparently no one responded to Noah's preaching of righteousness, and all perished in the flood.

With respect to the garden of Eden, where did it go? It's said that God put a cherubim in front of it so that humans couldn't go back to it but where did it go since it's not around anymore?

The cherubs posted to guard the way to the tree of life would have stayed there until the flood. If that cataclysmic event changed the landscape, then there is no way to tell where it was, or even if the tree survived the flood.

But again doesn't softening someone's heart without them knowing acting against their free will?

God can't soften a hard heart. Its not messing with free will if God's will is to be put first. Jesus said "let not my will but yours be done" So God's will takes precedence over the will of man. Free will has to be exercised within the limits set by the Creator.

Have you ever seen two people standing their ground over an argument that has turned nasty and then one of them realizes that peace is worth more than being right and they humbly end the argument by retreating and even apologizing? Hearts respond to kindness and humility....it solicits similar feelings in response. It usually results in hugs and more apologies. Hearts can be softened by other hearts.

I hope everything's OK with you... and again I hope you got support after what happened with your husband. I hope everything turns out OK with you.

Thank you for your kind thoughts.
We are a tight knit Christian family who always try to do our best. God doesn't require us to do more than our best....but my best may not be yours, and you best may not be someone else's. There is no blanket cover....God judges us as individuals with our own flaws and weaknesses. He never compares us with others. We can't hide anything from him, but we also have to know that he wants to see the good in us....he is not like a big policeman in the sky scrutinizing what we do or wanting to micro-manage our actions. We have to be our own police and when we do the wrong thing, we fess up to him and sincerely apologise, and then try not to repeat that mistake. That is all God requires.

I like Galatians 6:1-5...
"Brothers, even if a man takes a false step before he is aware of it, you who have spiritual qualifications try to readjust such a man in a spirit of mildness. But keep an eye on yourself, for fear you too may be tempted. 2 Go on carrying the burdens of one another, and in this way you will fulfill the law of the Christ. 3 For if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he is deceiving himself. 4 But let each one examine his own actions, and then he will have cause for rejoicing in regard to himself alone, and not in comparison with the other person. 5 For each one will carry his own load."

Its interesting that Paul says we are to "carry the burdens of one another" whilst saying that we are to "carry our own load".
Do you know the difference?

Thanks, it's nice talking to you too.

character0275.gif

Take care....

JJ50

Just some questions:
Didn't showing miracles to nonbelievers in the early church violate their free will?

Nothing and no one should be worshipped. If god exists and wishes to be worshipped it has a lot in common with the sick clown in the White house.:mad:

Watchmen

Premium Member
Good questions. I'm going to have to ask for your patience, though, since I've got commitments this afternoon and won't be able to respond with answers I think you deserve until this evening.
Did you ever get back to this?

Jos

You didn't answer my questions:
Just some questions: