• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions...

lukethethird

unknown member
First question for people of a Christian persuasion:
Why did God create anything at all if He existed by Himself in perfect relationship as a Holy Trinity having everything He would ever want or need?
'Cause He knew He could, and it satisfied His cruel nature.

Jos

Tell me, in your view, have Trinitarians professing Christianity avoided conflicts, or have they supported their respective nations in war efforts?
IDK, I'm not a mind reader but why do you think there's a correlation between being a trinitarian and supporting conflict?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
IDK, I'm not a mind reader but why do you think there's a correlation between being a trinitarian and supporting conflict?
I'm sorry, maybe I wasn't clear....I was implying that if trinitarianism was correct, then their love for their global brotherhood would be evident.

IOW, if any professed Christian group supports any conflict killing people, how are they obeying Christ? Matthew 5:44; John 15:10-12. Compare 1 John 3:10-15.
Acts of the Apostles 5:29 tells us who the Apostles put first... it was God (and Christ) before humans.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
No they don't but IDK why?

Preaching the good news (gospel) of the Kingdom was something Jesus set as a priority. In Matthew 28:19-20, he gave a command to go out to the people and tell them about the message of the kingdom....it wasn't just a suggestion, but something Jesus said was a necessity. So what's the problem?
Why aren't the churches out preaching? Jesus said he would be with his disciples in this work, right to the end of the system of things. Why are they holding back?

If I was to ask you, as someone who, I assume has had a church upbringing, "what is God's Kingdom?" And what is the "good news" about it, what would you answer?

If you have prayed the Lord's Prayer, can you tell me what Jesus meant when he said "hallowed by thy name" and "thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven"?

I prayed that prayer for the first 20 years of my life, but when someone asked me what I was praying for, I realised that I was just parroting off something that I didn't really understand.

My spiritual education was pathetic and I realised that the whole church system relied on the leaders knowing it all for their flocks. The people generally didn't want to know, but were just happy to turn up, go through some performance, and then walk out and forget it until next week, unless they had something better to do.

Now ask the question again....why don't the churches preach like Jesus told us to? (Matthew 10:11-14)
The fact is, no one in the churches is educated about God's Kingdom.....they don't know what it is, how it "comes", or what it will do to accomplish God's will being "done on earth as it is in heaven". See the problem?

I understand that it's good to learn things but because of evil, horrible things like rape, killings, starvation of little children etc. happen. Is it worth it to allow humans to suffer so horribly like that to prove a point?

Isaiah 65:16-17 is prophetic of the future....

"For the former distresses will be forgotten; They will be concealed from my eyes.
17 For look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be called to mind, Nor will they come up into the heart."

This is the promise and the reason why God can allow the results of the devil's rulership to go to the limit. It will all be recorded in God's book of human history, so that no one will ever be able to say that He didn't give the devil a fair go to prove his accusations. Knowing that this situation will never happen again in the eternity to come, to me, makes it all worth it. Life in the new world comes with a guarantee. Satan's world is a pathetic mess that is just getting worse by the day. I don't believe it can go on much longer.

All that Satan does is ultimately meaningless and makes no sense given he'll lose... Did he know he would eventually lose even before he started? Also why create certain humans knowing they would be deceived or go to hell?

Firstly, God did not created certain human beings to be deceived. God did not micro-manage his creation. He set up the procreative process and the humans produced by that process would themselves decide if they wanted God or the devil to rule them.

Who knows what the devil knew at the beginning of his rebellion. He knew full well that his God could snuff him out in a heartbeat, which is why he did what he did, the way he did it...it was very calculated.
Apparently, he underestimated God's response in barring the way to the tree of life. Now satan would have to replace and educate new humans as the old ones passed away. Bit like tobacco companies having to get new customers because they killed their old ones. :confused:

Maybe being a god even for a short time was good enough? It doesn't really matter because this is our situation and it's all going exactly as God said it would. We already know how it ends. We either want to fit in with Gods plans, or we don't. We choose our own future...we believe that for the majority it will be here on earth.

A chosen few go to heaven to rule with Christ in his kingdom, but every human who dies, goes to "hell" which is simply the grave....a place to "rest in peace" to await the resurrection. Paradise will be restored. Guaranteed. (Isaiah 55:11)

I heard that Jews rejected Him because He didn't fulfill any of the Messianic requirements for being a Messiah

It wasn't that Jesus did not fulfill Messianic prophesy...it was that he did not fulfill their expectations. They were chafing under Roman domination and the Messiah they expected had to be more of a political liberator....one who would break the yoke of Rome and free Israel, setting the pompous Pharisees up as the leaders of God's people.
Jesus turned out to be a spiritual liberator who was sent to the "lost sheep of the house of Israel", those whom the Pharisees treated like dirt. Rather than elevate the Pharisees, Jesus castigated those religious leaders at every opportunity, as the worst possible hypocrites. Any wonder they wanted him dead.

Not all of them... some of them are Christian.

True Christians do not sell out to popular opinion. Popular opinion led the Jews to execute their own Messiah. They believed the propaganda too. We need faith to believe what God says, not what godless humans say. Evolution, the way science claims it happened, is simply not compatible with the Bible. You can't have a foot in both camps. You have to choose.

So God use a form of adaptation but was directly involved in the process?

Think about it.....Genesis speaks of God creating "kinds" of creatures. (What science calls taxonomic families) Adaptation is a known, scientifically backed process that creates endless variety within those kinds. Amazing variety is what we see in all aspects of nature. It is a natural process that does not require God's direct intervention. It is basically programmed to take care of itself.

Evolution suggests that life began (somehow, for no apparent reason) and a single celled organism, somehow found a way to duplicate itself, and then morph into multicelled organisms, which over millions of years produced every living thing on this planet. The fact is, they have no real evidence that this ever happened. The whole scenario is based on supposition and imagination, not substantiated evidence.

Hmmm, I didn't know that. I guess I have a lot to learn

We all have a lot to learn....I'm not done yet by a long shot.

When you dig, you find treasure. :)

Jos

I'm sorry, maybe I wasn't clear....I was implying that if trinitarianism was correct, then their love for their global brotherhood would be evident
Why would it be evident? What does believing in the Trinity have to do with how you treat others? Where have trinitarians supported war and conflict?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
imagining a god persona as having the god equivalent of human emotions

We are lucky "This God persona" seems to be male, not female.

I was replying to YmirGF his reply.
He implied if God has emotions like humans and they are as big as God is compared to human then we have quite some emotional drama going on.

In my country they say that women are more emotional than men, hence my added "little joke"

99% I am serious. This was an exception.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Yeah...and every 28 days, gets a little upset! Lol.

Oh, only every 28 days a "little upset". That must be "wonder woman".
My Master warned me "23h55m fighting ... 5 min pleasure", and continued "I warn you now, don't blame me later"
I knew my Master sometimes exaggerates things. So it's only once every 28 days. I will give my Master an Update.

Anyway, I never had the desire to marry. This personal advice made it even more easy to stay alone.

Jos

If I was to ask you, as someone who, I assume has had a church upbringing, "what is God's Kingdom?" And what is the "good news" about it, what would you answer?
The Good News was that we all sinned against God and deserve eternal damnation but God sent His son Jesus as a payment for our sins and because of His death and resurrection we can be forgiven of our sins and spend eternity with God although growing up as a kid I didn't really know or understand it.
My spiritual education was pathetic and I realised that the whole church system relied on the leaders knowing it all for their flocks. The people generally didn't want to know, but were just happy to turn up, go through some performance, and then walk out and forget it until next week, unless they had something better to do.

Now ask the question again....why don't the churches preach like Jesus told us to? (Matthew 10:11-14)
The fact is, no one in the churches is educated about God's Kingdom.....they don't know what it is, how it "comes", or what it will do to accomplish God's will being "done on earth as it is in heaven". See the problem?
My church had spiritual education classes and they taught God's kingdom... they taught things like speaking in tongues, prophesying etc I went to a Pentecostal church
God did not micro-manage his creation.
Doesn't it say in the Bible that God preordained everyone's existence?
A chosen few go to heaven to rule with Christ in his kingdom, but every human who dies, goes to "hell" which is simply the grave....a place to "rest in peace" to await the resurrection. Paradise will be restored. Guaranteed.
Why do the passages in the Bible that speak of hell talk about suffering and torment and everlasting fire if every sinner is going to cease to exist?
It wasn't that Jesus did not fulfill Messianic prophesy...it was that he did not fulfill their expectations. They were chafing under Roman domination and the Messiah they expected had to be more of a political liberator....one who would break the yoke of Rome and free Israel, setting the pompous Pharisees up as the leaders of God's people.
Jesus turned out to be a spiritual liberator who was sent to the "lost sheep of the house of Israel", those whom the Pharisees treated like dirt. Rather than elevate the Pharisees, Jesus castigated those religious leaders at every opportunity, as the worst possible hypocrites. Any wonder they wanted him dead.
I was speaking with a Jewish guy and he said that there was a list of things other than freeing the Jews that Jesus needed to do that he didn't do.
Evolution suggests that life began (somehow, for no apparent reason) and a single celled organism, somehow found a way to duplicate itself, and then morph into multicelled organisms, which over millions of years produced every living thing on this planet. The fact is, they have no real evidence that this ever happened. The whole scenario is based on supposition and imagination, not substantiated evidence.
Finding out how life began is a biogenesis but what about the transitional fossils found by evolutionary biologists?

Last edited:

lukethethird

unknown member
Why is it irrelevant? For some religions, unbelief has very negative consequences and religion affects many aspects of life so it is relevant
Meanwhile, the existence or non-existence of god/s is totally irrelevant, meaningless. No point picking sides.