• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions...

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
First question for people of a Christian persuasion:
Why did God create anything at all if He existed by Himself in perfect relationship as a Holy Trinity having everything He would ever want or need?

I guess it's like a parent and child. If a mother has a child, by nature, she would want to take care of that child. They are both connected with one another.

With a creator it's pretty much the same (if going by logic). If you create something, in many cases, you want to be with or use or so have you with your creation. It's with anything, really. A child draws something and he wants to keep it or gets mad when someone takes his art.

I would say ideally, if the creator was separate in his own nature, he wouldn't have characteristics, wants, and needs like that of humans. However, without a creator (or sense of origin), a lot of people can't find meaning in life.

So, there needs to be some connection from creator to creation. It's connecting oneself with their origin in order to live their present. That's only because he is a creator. If he wasn't, just a god, then, yeah, I'd be asking the same question as you.

The Anointed

Why did God create anything at all if He existed by Himself in perfect relationship as a Holy Trinity having everything He would ever want or need?

El the Creator God, also called "The Logos," has always been and will always be, He is the only true constant in that he has been and always will be in the constant process of change through growth/evolution. All that you see is God, who is all that exists and who exists in all that is. The MOST HIGH to have developed within the creation that is God, is "The Light of Man," the Supreme personality of Godhead within the creation that is the Logos.

Jos

I guess it's like a parent and child. If a mother has a child, by nature, she would want to take care of that child. They are both connected with one another.

With a creator it's pretty much the same (if going by logic). If you create something, in many cases, you want to be with or use or so have you with your creation. It's with anything, really. A child draws something and he wants to keep it or gets mad when someone takes his art.

I would say ideally, if the creator was separate in his own nature, he wouldn't have characteristics, wants, and needs like that of humans. However, without a creator (or sense of origin), a lot of people can't find meaning in life.

So, there needs to be some connection from creator to creation. It's connecting oneself with their origin in order to live their present. That's only because he is a creator. If he wasn't, just a god, then, yeah, I'd be asking the same question as you.
I understand what you're saying but how does this answer why He created anything? It just answers why He wants to have a relationship with His creation not why He created them in the first place.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I've always suspected it was for entertainment.

Shadow Link

For God's Glory. And I think the sentiment of your question echoes from this passage from Isaiah — an unraveling of Mercy's Master Motive...

"For my name's sake will I defer mine anger, and for my praise will I refrain for thee, that I cut thee not off. Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction. For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another."—Isaiah 48:9-11.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I've wondered the same thing but then He wouldn't be perfect if He created just for entertainment.

Perfect is such an arbitrary idea. What would we know about what is perfect for God? Do we even know what is perfect for ourselves?

Maybe "now" is perfect for now. Tomorrow will also be perfect. Each moment being perfect in its time.

Perfect it that it satisfies all necessary requirements of being what it is. We choose for ourselves what to see as flaws and faults or not.

Jos

For God's Glory. And I think the sentiment of your question echoes from this passage from Isaiah — an unraveling of Mercy's Master Motive...

"For my name's sake will I defer mine anger, and for my praise will I refrain for thee, that I cut thee not off. Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction. For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another."—Isaiah 48:9-11.
Doing it for His own glory also implies a want and that implies imperfection doesn't it? He was already perfectly glorified as a Trinity wasn't He experiencing perfect love within Himself right?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I understand what you're saying but how does this answer why He created anything? It just answers why He wants to have a relationship with His creation not why He created them in the first place.

Hm. I see what you're saying. The only way that makes sense to me is his nature was a creator apart from humans giving him that label. If his nature is the creator, he can't exist without creation. Creation manifest itself because of a creator. It's a yin yang thing.

If he has no nature apart from humans (if he didn't exist outside how human describe him), I wouldn't know. The idea believers say is because he loves creation and wants to give his love because we have sinned.

I wish I had a better answer. I would like to know myself. Every time I look up from the laptop and reflect, I just think "how in the world* do people get the idea of god from what I see and experience now." We can philosophize and theorize but at the end,

I have no clue

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
One definition of the word 'want' is a lack or deficiency of something... There's a contradiction between a being who's all-sufficient yet lacks something.
want
/wänt,wônt/
verb

have a desire to possess or do (something); wish for.
"I want an apple"
synonyms: desire, wish for, hope for, aspire to, fancy, care for, like; More
archaic
lack or be short of something desirable or essential.
"you shall want for nothing while you are with me"

noun

archaic
a lack or deficiency of something.
"Victorian houses which are in want of repair"
synonyms: lack, absence, nonexistence, unavailability; More
a desire for something.
"the expression of our wants and desires"
synonyms: wish, desire, demand, longing, yearning, fancy, craving, hankering; More

I'm going by the definitions that talk about desire.

Jos

Perfect it that it satisfies all necessary requirements of being what it is.
If He's all-sufficient within Himself and Has all His needs and wants met within Himself then it's contradictory for Him to want anything including glory, worship, relationship etc.

Jos

Hm. I see what you're saying. The only way that makes sense to me is his nature was a creator apart from humans giving him that label. If his nature is the creator, he can't exist without creation. Creation manifest itself because of a creator. It's a yin yang thing.

If he has no nature apart from humans (if he didn't exist outside how human describe him), I wouldn't know. The idea believers say is because he loves creation and wants to give his love because we have sinned.

I wish I had a better answer. I would like to know myself. Every time I look up from the laptop and reflect, I just think "how in the world* do people get the idea of god from what I see and experience now." We can philosophize and theorize but at the end,

I have no clue
Yeah it doesn't make sense to me either.