• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions to atheists

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not exactly an atheist, but I don't really belong to strong religious or spiritual beliefs yet. So....I'll answer them anyways :D

Do you obey the rules and laws with ease or you feel hard that you are pushed to do so,such as you wish to park your car in a place where itsn't allowed to do so.

Depends on the laws. Some need to be updated, imo. But parking in handicapped zones when you're not handicapped in some way is such a ******** move, regardless of laws.

Do you hate orders,do this ,do that.

Depends on who's giving them. Some arrogant ******* I'd probably tell them to take a hike. But I typically do what, say, my manager asks me to do without a problem. Because she's legally obligated to ask as nicely as possible and I do get paid to do so lol.

A copper might be more along the lines of obeying so they don't arrest me. haha!

Are you happy to help someone in the road having some troubles with his car,such as to give some push,or car battery charging....etc

Yeah, but I suck at car mechanisms. So I'd probably advise them to call RACQ instead lol

Do you feel happy to help somebody in need,poor family and the like.

Sure.

Do you find it easy to forgive someone who was rude with you.

Depends on what "rude" entails. Over here jokes tend to be rather insulting, especially amongst friends. Normally I can easily forgive a mate or even someone I didn't know for being rude or over the top. I work in retail though. It's sort of a must in order to keep your sanity.

Do you like to have more than one sex partner (polyamory)

Ehhh a little too personal for my liking. But I'm all for the "whatever floats your boat" line of thinking.

Do you feel happy with gambling

Don't gamble. Tried it a couple times, it was fun. Probably didn't understand it properly because I did it when I was on a night out with the girls if you get me ;)

Do you prefer spiritual drinks than other drinks

What do you mean by "spiritual drinks?" Alcohol? Just spirits? Or like Kava or something that may have a spiritual context for some people? Ehh, if we're talking alcohol, it depends on my mood and social situation. When I go out to have dinner at a rinky dink restaurant I'd usually go for a couple of wines or a couple of pre mixed (and bloody expensive!!) drinks. My dad's family also has a custom where we'd have one or two glasses of wine with each dinner. So I usually have a lot of wine when I visit them :D
When I go out with my friends, I'd typically have more than a few. All in good fun, though. Never really overboard or that binge drinking crap.
I also typically have a splash of brandy during winter or when I have a cold. Warms up the lungs. I do usually really crave tea when I'm hungover. Does that count?

Do you think you are good to your parents,i mean do you obey or disobey them.

Average, I guess. I don't obey everything they tell me to do. I'm my own person, I'm an adult (barely!) But I don't like treat them like garbage, if that's what you're saying?

Do you like gossiping or usually doing it.

Uhh no. I view it as school ground antics turned into adult like politics. I outgrew that years ago. Although admittedly I'm not above watching it for my own amusement. Providing it's not like life threatening or really really bad gossip, of course.

Are you fond with bacon and similar products of pork meat

OMG! Bacon is the BEST! And ribs, oh ribs. *drools*

Do you feel happy to talk against god or feeling glad to let others choose your way.

I was brought up to allow others to choose their own path with regards to religion.. It is not my place to say someone's religion or lack thereof is wrong and they should choose my path.

Do you usually keep a secret or expose it.

I usually keep it.

gsa

i have some questions in mind for atheists and others who refuse the idea that god do exist,hope that you'll answer with sincerity.

Happily

Do you obey the rules and laws with ease or you feel hard that you are pushed to do so,such as you wish to park your car in a place where itsn't allowed to do so.

I happily obey secular laws, promulgated by duly-elected secular representatives of a secular government.

Depends on the order, the authority of the person giving it, the reason it is being given, etc.

Are you happy to help someone in the road having some troubles with his car,such as to give some push,or car battery charging....etc

Yes.

Yes.

Depends on the nature of the rudeness.

Sure. But monogamy is fine as well. I don't care for polyamory, which is not the same as non-monogamy, and I find polygamy abhorrent in practice. Particularly patriarchal, religious polygamy.

I dislike gambling.

I have no idea what spiritual drinks are.

When called for. Far too vague and general.

No. Gossiping is petty, schoolyard nonsense.

Until recently I maintained a vegetarian diet for a number of years. But since returning to meat eating, I enjoy pork products.

Do you feel happy to talk against god or feeling glad to let others choose your way.

Belief in superstitions is dangerous, and belief in Yahweh/Allah is even more dangerous, as we can see from so many examples today. So I believe it is best to make rational arguments against the belief. Of course, people are free to believe in things that do not exist. I would never, for example, suggest banning the public worship of multiple deities.

Keep it, assuming it was given in confidence.

jonathan180iq

I've chosen to respond in RED, as it's a color most associated with evil...bwahaha.

Most laws make sense. The ones that don't, or that are centered around arbitrary things, I just ignore.

I don't HATE orders. I just expect to be treated fairly, as I treat others. If someone orders me to do something, I have problem with questioning their authority to do so.

Absolutely. Happens all the time.

It's one of my hobbies.

Forgiveness is also very easy. Every moment is a new one. Why should we carry around the burden of past hurts and blame others for our inability to let go? So, yes.

Not when I'm in a relationship.

I don't understand gambling. It's a waste of resources with statistically very little chance of return.

My parents and I are close. It's not as simple as a matter of obeying or disobeying. They aren't dictators - they are my parents. We communicate. Sometimes we agree. Other times we don't.

You mean alchohol, right? I'll drink socially if the occasion calls for it. Otherwise I'm not much of a fan.

Why should I care about what other people do with their lives, and less why should I talk about it with other people?
No.

Oh, yes! I love all of the tainted meats. You Middle Eastern monotheists simply don't know what you're missing.

There are two very different questions here... I'll speak freely against anything I wish to speak against - if the conversation calls for my opinions on mythological characters, then yes. I will happily talk about it. And no, unless I have a tremendous amount of trust and respect for someone then I don't let anyone "choose my way."

Same as gossiping, isn't it? It depends on what the secret is, however. If the secret is something terrible, I would not harbor it.
"Hey man, I murdered someone...can you keep it a secret?"
Um, no.

Reactions: gsa

Jumi

i have some questions in mind for atheists and others who refuse the idea that god do exist
Refuse? That sounds wrong. Like believing in god would be trying to force yourself to believe in it.

Yes, it's easy to follow most rules.

Depends if it's my superior or some stranger.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

Yes if it's money you can live without. If not then you have problem and it's not good.

Coffee.

Yes we're friends. We don't boss each other around so the last part is weird.

No.

It's the same as any other meat.

Would need to believe in one to talk against it. I care too much for truth to let someone choose what I believe.

If it's a crime or would be a danger to people I could expose it. Otherwise it's no problem.

enough questions at the moment,but please try to answer them with sincerity,i aint going to make any arguement.thanks :)
No problem, hope it helps. :)

LeannaBard

Agnostic Atheist
"Do you obey the rules and laws with ease or you feel hard that you are pushed to do so,such as you wish to park your car in a place where itsn't allowed to do so."
As far as I'm aware, I follow laws without really thinking about it. There are probably exceptions, meaning there are probably some laws I break all the time and don't even realize it. Then again, there are laws I know I'm breaking, like having a glass of wine with my husband even though I won't be 21 for a few more months, and I simply don't care. In short, I do what I do, not because it is written in the rulebooks and because I'm afraid of being punished. I consider the consequences of my actions, weigh the pros and cons of a carrying out the actions, and make a decision.

"Do you hate orders,do this ,do that."
Not in general. I hate being told what to do by certain people. I also recognize when people have authority and when I need direction, and gladly accept it and cooperate.

"Are you happy to help someone in the road having some troubles with his car,such as to give some push,or car battery charging....etc"
Absolutely

"Do you feel happy to help somebody in need,poor family and the like."
Yes, I try to whenever I have the chance. It makes me feel good probably as much as it makes them feel good.

"Do you find it easy to forgive someone who was rude with you."
Yes, I find it pointless to dwell on that sort of thing. Mostly for my benefit rather than theirs.

"Do you like to have more than one sex partner (polyamory)"
No. I don't necessarily condemn it if all partners are aware and consensual, but I am admittedly too jealous and need to feel like I am the only one my husband loves in that way, and I feel the same way about me having multiple partners.

"Do you feel happy with gambling"
I wouldn't say I feel either happy or unhappy about it. It would depend on what is at stake. I wouldn't be happy about harming myself by losing something I needed, but if it's all in god fun and no harm is done, it can be enjoyable.

"Do you prefer spiritual drinks than other drinks"
If by spiritual drinks you mean alcohol, I don't prefer them over soda or juice, but I definitely enjoy them every once in a while.

"Do you think you are good to your parents,i mean do you obey or disobey them."
I am a grown woman. My parents don't give me orders to obey or disobey. We have mutual respect for one another, and I am good to them. They are good to me as well.

"Do you like gossiping or usually doing it."
No, I severely dislike gossip .

"Are you fond with bacon and similar products of pork meat"
I like bacon a lot, as well as other pork products.

"Do you feel happy to talk against god or feeling glad to let others choose your way."
I don't really know what this means. I don't know if you are talking about a general idea of a god or the god of a specific religion. I don't have any guilt about talking about any god in any way, though I generally don't because it just never comes up. I don't let others choose my way.

"Do you usually keep a secret or expose it."
That would depend on the information. If someone tells me a secret, but I feel an obligation to tell the secret for their safety or the safety of someone else, I will expose it. If they tell me and no harm will come of keeping it, I keep it.

i have some questions in mind for atheists and others who refuse the idea that god do exist,hope that you'll answer with sincerity.

Fun!

With where I live now? I don't have any problems obeying laws.

Depends on the order. I think this is true of everyone. If it's for a sound reason, the reason is demonstrable... No problem. If it's "Do this because I or ______ said so. Don't ask questions or look to why, just do it" - Then yes, a big problem with it. If you want me to do something, you need to be able to demonstrate the reason, especially if it goes against what I am morally comfortable with.

If someone needs my help and I am able/capable of helping, I'm glad to do it. If I'm not, I'm glad to help them reach someone who is.

Of course. Again, if I'm at all able, I am glad to help people.

Of course. It only hurts you if you hang on to what someone else did to you. Doesn't hurt them at all. It makes no sense to not forgive someone.

No, but I have no issue with those who do. As long as it's between two consenting adults and no physical or emotional harm is being done, good for them.

I don't gamble. I work too hard for what I have to throw it away on silly things. But if someone enjoys it, more power to them. They earned their money. They can play slots, put it in a savings account, or set it on fire. Their business.

Spiritual drinks? I'm assuming you mean alcohol? I don't care for it, but again, if it's an adult and they enjoy it, good for them as long as they don't get in a state where they risk the lives or safety of others or themselves.

My parents and I got along very well. They're no longer alive, but we never had any problems. I was no more or less disobedient than any other child, and never had a reason or cause to be upset with them, rebel or make them upset with me.

I hate gossip. The lives of others are none of my business or anyone else's, unless they're causing harm to others. And even then I still hate gossip. Resolve the situation, report it to law enforcement if necessary, but chatting about it and spreading rumors? Not my thing.

Not really a fan, but don't hate it either. I eat more vegetables and fruits than anything.

As long as believers mind their own business, don't try to stand in the way of education or influence laws I have no issue or care whatsoever what they believe personally. As long as you're not trying to indoctrinate someone else, and just doing your own thing, "god bless". You won't hear a hateful word from me, and won't find me trying to talk badly about your beliefs.

Depends. If someone told me they murdered a person, I wouldn't keep it. If someone said "I'm trying to surprise my sister on her birthday, don't tell her", I'd keep it.

Poppa

I will answer your questions without reading all the relies so i am not tempted to mdify my thinking...

I have no problems following rules. I do work to change them if i feel there is enough value or they are unjust.

I am a pretty independent guy, and i do value my creativity and intellect, so i do bristle when told i am wrong. If however, i am approached intelligently with another idea i have no problem considering it. I also lived through many experiences where it was my role to follow instructions (ex-military) but that did not stop me from questioning them in my mind. Superiors are people too and make mistakes.

Of course!! I would hope someone would have the same attitude. You seem to have some idea that atheists are all out for themselves. We all need to live with one another and the golden rule pertains to us all.

Same as my prior answer. Of course!

Somewhat. I do believe in this: Fooled once, shame on you (for taking advantage of me) fool me twice then shame on me for not learning the lesson and being wary. That said, the never really is total forgiveness because i would be foolish to let you harm me more than once. Doesn't mean i need to rub it in your face or to shun you.

Didn't men have more than one wife in the bible? I married a catholic girl. It is unfortunately not very satisfying. I think it would be nice if she had a companion. *grin* But that's NOT the bargain i made when we got married, so one woman it is. But lets be honest... we a animals and just like almost any other animal we think we need a harem. I can tell you of many religious people who fool around on their spouses. I feel they fail at their religion.

It's fun. I don't do it to excess. i buy a lottery ticket when i think of it and the pot is large enough. Atheism has no connection towards whether i gamble, or drink/smoke to excess. Again, i can probably find more religious people who do this stuff. I think it has something to do with the purpose of religion. When you are weak, you can commit a sin and you know that god will forgive you. For me, i have only my own internal strength to rely on. I need to live with myself if i do wrong. I do not have the freedom from guilt by doing penance.

Do you prefer spiritual drinks than other drinks.
of course not. What does a belief in god have to do with that? Who wants a continuous hangover? I do enjoy a drink now and then. I make wine and beer every couple of years. I enjoy a good black russian once a month or so. I am not addicted to anything.

Always was better to my mom and dad than i think my kids were to me... but i guess every parent says that. They are good kids though.

Nah... to what purpose?

I tried bacon soda once. didn;t like it. But bacon is good! Religions put rule out there so primative people wouln't harm themselves. Port carried trichinosis. Today we have medications that largely prevent this in pigs. No longer an issue.

Not sure what you mean in the second part or how it relates to the first part. I have no issue with others believing in god. As a matter of fact, i think some people simply need it. For some reason they do not have the internal strength to make it through tough times and praying helps their mind so why not. I will say it for this conversation, i think they fool themselves because obviously they HAVE gotten through it (No i don't attribute it to the power of god, just the resilience of man). Do i let others choose my way? nah. I am a big boy. There was a time when i went to church and was even an alter boy, but i stopped believing in such stuff.

Depends. If someone tells me they want to die, i might go get help. But usually i am a good confidant.

Hope that helps.

Kfox

Rules are very important
No
Yes
Yes
Usually
I am happily married to one woman
I don't gamble; it's a waste of money
I don't drink alcohol
As an adult, I am rarely in a position where I have the option to obey them or not
Usually not
YES!!! Especially bacon!!!!
I don't understand this question
I rarely accept secrets

This is something every atheist likes but a sincere Christian does not like. Sleeping around separates believers from non believers. Fornication is wrong in old and new testaments. A devoted atheist will champion it and call someone doing this cool. But someone who wants marriage first and is more into intimate faithfulness is seen as stupid.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
This is something every atheist likes but a sincere Christian does not like. Sleeping around separates believers from non believers. Fornication is wrong in old and new testaments. A devoted atheist will champion it and call someone doing this cool. But someone who wants marriage first and is more into intimate faithfulness is seen as stupid.
What a strange thing to say. What are you basing this on?
What about those guys in the Bible that had multiple wives? Were they atheists?

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
I was going to label your remarks as among the stupidest I have seen, but in fairness to you perhaps it would be better to simply label your remarks as being among the most ignorant I’ve come across.

Last edited: