• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions of Christianity

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
FerventGodSeeker said:
Pointing out the positives of one's religion and the idea that the deity you believe is good, is not proselytizing.

You're right, that's not proselytizing. Attempting to convert others to one's religion is proselytizing.

St0ne

right back to the first question, we're all hypocrites, even 'real' christians off the top of my head the only two non-hypocrites i can think of is Jesus and Buddha.

SunMessenger

Catholic
St0ne said:
right back to the first question, we're all hypocrites, even 'real' christians off the top of my head the only two non-hypocrites i can think of is Jesus and Buddha.

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them."
- Mother Teresa

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
FerventGodSeeker said:
Pointing out the positives of one's religion and the idea that the deity you believe is good, is not proselytizing.

FerventGodSeeker

Quite frankly, it depends how it is done; Proselytizing can take many forms; I believe that "..........................." is not Proselytizing, but ...................... is. There is a very thin line between the two, and I think it doesn't hurt to have the rule pointed out occasionally. I guess we all feel passionately about our faith; it is easy to become too passionate.:)

FerventGodSeeker said:
Who has done that in this thread?

I don't think anyone has yet, but some of the posts are sounding a bit "This is right"; the mod post was more of a reminder, than any form of warning.

Jerrell

Until Summer I will not be able to log on at Home. I will however be on at school around 10:30 Pem eastern...I will answer questions come with them!

Jerrell

I know many people here have questions, such as Are we still under the law, Eternal Salvation, the Rapture and Second comming, flase religions...is Allah and God the same being...things as this, i'm giving you a chance to get a true biblical answer you best take it....(^_^)

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
finalfrogo said:
How do you determine the validity of one religion over another, and how do you know that this method is correct? Why, exactly, do you think Christianity is the truth when compared to the truths proposed by other religions?

(Forgive me if I am wrong about your beliefs, for I make many assumptions.)
First of all when a person comes to Christ the Holy Spirit eneters that person and will guide you into all truth,you will only know what I mean if you come to Christ to have your sins forgiven on that, you will receive the transforming power that only comes by the Holy Spirit that Jesus spoke of, His spirit will confirm with our spirit we are the sons of God, The Holy Spirit is the gaurantee of what is to come and it is more real then I am hear writing to you
The other religions have a form of Godliness but deny the power therein.,meaning that the Holy Spirit is the person and power, behind everything Christ did.his life ,death burial and resurrection.
No other spiritual leader claimed to be the son of God ,lived died and rose again for the sins of the world with historical,archalogical,geographical,verification and authenticity
All other religions have a guru or man/woman who was a good teacher but nevertheless a human who offered an array of good teachings and maybe some truths, spiritual practices and rituals, with a culturalistic,historical and traditional basis but in the end died and could not pardon and pay for the price of the world as they were mere men,sinful and defiled,Jesus was sinless and God only accepts a pure sacrifice.

open_mind

ok i posted this question twice in a thread about the cross and i didnt get a strong reply
did Jesus ask christians to use the cross as a holy symbol?

if NO,then why does the cross act as a clear title for christianity all over the world,i mean why do christians follow a basic not ordered by their lord?

if YES,HOW???,the cross was Jesus' end

another question
did Jesus' companions use the cross in their prayers during Jesus' life with them??

my goal from these questions is to prove the cross was nothing during jesus' life,that jesus was just a messanger from God and that he did not ask people to worship him.

open_mind

open_mind said:
ok i posted this question twice in a thread about the cross and i didnt get a strong reply

if NO,then why does the cross act as a clear title for christianity all over the world,i mean why do christians follow a basic not ordered by their lord?

another question
did Jesus' companions use the cross in their prayers during Jesus' life with them??

my goal from these questions is to prove the cross was nothing during jesus' life,that jesus was just a messanger from God and that he did not ask people to worship him.

it seems there is no reply for that!!!

SunMessenger

Catholic
open_mind said:

another question

Jesus Predicts His Death

From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. "Never, Lord!" he said. "This shall never happen to you!"
Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men." Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done. I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

open_mind

SunMessenger said:
Jesus Predicts His Death

From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. "Never, Lord!" he said. "This shall never happen to you!"
Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men." Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done. I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

and why did God choose the cross (that was used for the execution) to be the great symbol of his religion???

logician

It is most certain the biblical Jesus never existed, he being an invention of the Xian literalist trend of the fourth century. The church invented Jesus to gain power and money, and has kept up this charade to this very day.

SunMessenger

Catholic
logician said:
It is most certain the biblical Jesus never existed, he being an invention of the Xian literalist trend of the fourth century. The church invented Jesus to gain power and money, and has kept up this charade to this very day.
Perhaps we should revert back to the concept that the world is flat also. The perceptions of a flat world, as we go about our day to day lives, is much easier to believe since we can see it. Logic alone does not explain everything around us . Perceived logic is not an explanation for all things at all. Someone logical would easily draw to this conclusion. Be Well and God Bless...

SunMessenger

Catholic
open_mind said:
and why did God choose the cross (that was used for the execution) to be the great symbol of his religion???
Perhaps I will be given a chance to ask Jesus when He returns... Be Well and God Bless...

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jerrell said:
Now also know People who doubt write their opinion into the History, Just as the Muslims wrote into their book that Jesus said "God has no son"...This is wrong since John who walked and talked with Jesus wrote that Jesus said he was the son of God.

Firstly, How many son does God has?

Adam the Son of God?
Luke 3:38
Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Sollomon is the Son of God?
1 Chronicles 22:10
He shall build an house for my name; and he shall be my son, and I will be his father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel for ever.

David is the Son of God?
2 Samuel 7:14
I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:

Psalms 89:27
"Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth"

Israel is the son of GOd?
Exodus 4: 22
"…Israel is my son, even my firstborn".

Jeremiah 31:9
"…For I (God) am a Father to Israel, and E’-phra-im is my firstborn."

sons?
Deuteronomy14:1
..they are the sons of God

Psalms 82:6
"Ye are the children of the LORD your God"

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God" Romans 8:14

definatly Jesus is not the Son of God as we understand today but son of God means servant of God, otherwise you have to worship all those mentioned in the bible because they are sons of God because also, after all they are like Jesus, they never claimed even once in the bible that they are gods? not even once Jesus Christ called himself God. Even he refused to be called good, how about God??

Secondly, Jesus never claim to be the son of God but the son of man.

Then men 500 years later want to tell us what Jesus said....Beware of decievers.

Thirdly, Beaware of those who try to convience you that Jesus was a god, son of God or part of God.

Finally, you can't prove your faith by disproving others or otherwise, you may lose the argument quickly. ;)

Just make sure to concentrate in the belief itself instead of attacking others without you become sure of what you are talking about.

I have alot of proofs from the bible itself which contradict with all what you are talking about since you started this thread but just go on in the thread to see where you gonna reach at the end but if you insist here some facts from the bible:

- According to the bible Jesus didn't claim to be God, read in this thread:
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19627

- According to the bible Paul contradict himself when he claimed that he saw Jesus:
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20033

- According to the bible Mohammed is the prophet of God as Jesus said so and many other prophets before him:
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19750

- According to the bible Muslims pray to God the same way Jesus Christ and the other prophets before him did pray:
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22286

Tell me if you need more ...

Peace .. :)

open_mind

The Truth said:
Firstly, How many son does God has?

Adam the Son of God?
Luke 3:38
Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Sollomon is the Son of God?
1 Chronicles 22:10
He shall build an house for my name; and he shall be my son, and I will be his father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel for ever.

David is the Son of God?
2 Samuel 7:14
I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:

Psalms 89:27
"Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth"

Israel is the son of GOd?
Exodus 4: 22
"…Israel is my son, even my firstborn".

Jeremiah 31:9
"…For I (God) am a Father to Israel, and E’-phra-im is my firstborn."

sons?
Deuteronomy14:1
..they are the sons of God

Psalms 82:6
"Ye are the children of the LORD your God"

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God" Romans 8:14

definatly Jesus is not the Son of God as we understand today but son of God means servant of God, otherwise you have to worship all those mentioned in the bible because they are sons of God because also, after all they are like Jesus, they never claimed even once in the bible that they are gods? not even once Jesus Christ called himself God. Even he refused to be called good, how about God??

Secondly, Jesus never claim to be the son of God but the son of man.

Thirdly, Beaware of those who try to convience you that Jesus was a god, son of God or part of God.

Finally, you can't prove your faith by disproving others or otherwise, you may lose the argument quickly. ;)

Just make sure to concentrate in the belief itself instead of attacking others without you become sure of what you are talking about.

I have alot of proofs from the bible itself which contradict with all what you are talking about since you started this thread but just go on in the thread to see where you gonna reach at the end but if you insist here some facts from the bible:

- According to the bible Jesus didn't claim to be God, read in this thread:
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19627

- According to the bible Paul contradict himself when he claimed that he saw Jesus:
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20033

- According to the bible Mohammed is the prophet of God as Jesus said so and many other prophets before him:
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19750

- According to the bible Muslims pray to God the same way Jesus Christ and the other prophets before him did pray:
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22286

Tell me if you need more ...

Peace .. :)

THAT WAS SENSATIONAL MATE

joeboonda

3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
(King James Bible, John)