• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions of Christianity

finalfrogo

Jerrell said:
7)
Now concerning this site.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inconsistencies_in_the_Bible, this article is written by someone who does not understand the bible, consider the RED WARNING at the Top of the page.
One must probably be a Schalor to understnad the BIble...I am not Schalor but I am led by the Holy Spirt, Just as Jesus was Led by the Holy Spirit(Jesus never went to school). Now what erks me is when someone wants to deny the Bible without actually understnading it, ask someone to explain it to you, dont just get one side of the story get both sides.

Did you actually read it, or did you make such an assumption based on the title?

finalfrogo

Jerrell said:
Each animal is not a Species, Also Consider this All things that live on land are not animals, there are Vertebrateas and invertibrates, as well as Many othere species.
A Animal is not a Spiecies such as this.
A Dog is a Animal. But there are many Species of the dog.
There may be 2 million diffrent species, but not 2 million diffrent animals. Noah took 2 animals, not two of each species.

Incorrect! This is biology--factual, not opinion. For one, vertebrates and invertebrates are NOT species, but classifications within the animal kingdom.

Noah must have brought 2 of every SPECIES.

Consider that Noah brought two dogs... why, then, are there so many species of dog today, instead of two?

Only the traits those two dogs carried would be seen today... however, dogs are too diverse for all genetic makeup to be drawn back to a single pair of dogs, unless you believe in evolution (which I'm assuming you don't. Besides, if you did, the time between the supposed world flood and now would not be sufficient enough to produce such genetic diversity from two individual "dogs")

Thus, such such genetic diversity to exist today, Noah would have to bring two individuals of each species.

Scott1

finalfrogo said:
Let me rephrase: define sin in your own terms, without implementing any biblical passages.
Ooooh! Can I play? :)

Sin is an offense against reason, truth, and right conscience; it is failure in genuine love for God and neighbor caused by a perverse attachment to certain goods. It wounds the nature of man and injures human solidarity. It has been defined as "an utterance, a deed, or a desire contrary to the eternal law."

How's that grab ya?
Scott

finalfrogo

Jerrell said:
That is a good question.
Understand. When the Romans Took over the Jews did not have the power to render death unto ANYONE.
Joh 18:31 - Then said Pilate unto them, Take ye him, and judge him according to your law. The Jews therefore said unto him, It is not lawful for us to put any man to death: The reason he was crucified was for many reasons i will cover two. Prophecy says The messiah will be handed over unto the Gentiles.
[FONT=helvetica, arial]Prophecy[/FONT] [FONT=helvetica, arial]Fulfillment[/FONT]
Psalm 22:14
"... and all my bones are out of joint ..."
Matthew 27:35
"And they crucified him ..." When crucified your bones will most certainly come out of joint.
[FONT=helvetica, arial][SIZE=+1]The Messiah would be surrounded by Gentiles at his crucifixion.-[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=helvetica, arial]Prophecy[/FONT] [FONT=helvetica, arial]Fulfillment[/FONT]Psalm 22:16a
"For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me ..." Luke 23:36
"And the soldiers also mocked him, coming to him, and offering him vinegar,"

Jesus died by Crucifixion becuase Jews by Law could not kill him. Only the Romans could, so therefore Jesus was crucified along with two thieves, one of the theives said,
"And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."

My # 2 Reason was becuase the Jews could not Render death so he had to be crucifide

Why, then, would the Romans simply concede with the wishes of the Jews? Furthermore, crucifixion was not the only means of execution. Why would they choose crucifixion-- a punishment for sedition-- of all the punishments available to them? And, sure, it was against Jewish law to kill, but had they followed such a rule in the past? No; there were various Jewish rebellions in which many Romans were killed. If they were disrupted enough with Jesus, they would not hesitate to have him eliminated.

Jerrell

Please take the time to study the times in which Jeuss Lived. Jesus died by Crucifixon BEcase Prophecy said he would die that way...Also The JEWs asked for JEuss to be crucifide, They wanted him to die a pititful death adn they got their wish

SunMessenger

Catholic
Most Holy Mary Mother of God we honor and evoke your presence to ease the hearts and minds of all people. All attitudes and denominations who seek the brilliance of your miraculous visions. I ask Your intercession to the Father for all the people so that they will receive the unrelenting power of the Holy Spirit in their search for truth. Please guide us to that place where death is not an issue but only a new beginning . I Pray in your power and divine devotion that this is done for all the people and that is done quietly and without the need for retribution. Thank You Most Holy Mary Mother of God for Your Intercession . Amen...

Jerrell

Finalfrogo, i See youtr POint about the Species and such. It is a good theory, but what i meant by Invertibrates and Vertebrates, was to make an assurption that he too diffrent types of each animal on the ark, not every spiecies, some anilmals died out as a result of not going on the ark.

Now, Sin itself is an Archaic word, many dont take it seriously....Sin in my own words is, A trangression(breaking) of the law. God's Law that is.

Scott1

SunMessenger said:
Most Holy Mary Mother of God we honor and evoke your presence to ease the hearts and minds of all people. All attitudes and denominations who seek the brilliance of your miraculous visions. I ask Your intercession to the Father for all the people so that they will receive the unrelenting power of the Holy Spirit in their search for truth. Please guide us to that place where death is not an issue but only a new beginning . I Pray in your power and divine devotion that this is done for all the people and that is done quietly and without the need for retribution. Thank You Most Holy Mary Mother of God for Your Intercession . Amen...
Couldn't have said it better myself! :flower2:

Immaculata pray for us,
Scott

Jerrell

Jesus is out Intercessor(Mediator), not Mary.

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]1Ti 2:5 - For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;[/FONT]

SunMessenger

Catholic
Our Beloved Holy Mother whose message comes with the Sun, for the Son, has impressed many wonderful messages on my heart. Our Beloved Holy Mother has impressed through the power of The Holy Spirit that you are truly a wonderful Man of God. I will pray for your strength as you continue this Holy Quest. You are one of five here now who Shine in the Brightest Rays Of Light. Some will question but through the Power Of The Holy Spirit be made aware ...She comes to intercede to her Son on our behalf and to advocate the forgiveness of others as the divine key we are to use to unlock the Mercy of Heaven. She is sent to remove all heresies. She is sent in the final days to ready the world for the Second Coming . It is near. If you pray to the East you will see... A prophecy made many centuries ago is about to become reality. Thank You... In the Spirit of Jesus Christ you are loved...

<B>
"During this period, many men will abuse of the freedom of conscience conceded to them. It is of such men that Jude the Apostle spoke when he said: 'These men blaspheme whatever they do not understand; and they corrupt whatever they know naturally as irrational animals do... They will ridicule Christian simplicity; they will call it folly and nonsense, but they will have the highest regard for advanced knowledge, and for the skill by which the axioms of law, the precepts of morality, the Holy Canons and religious dogmas are clouded by senseless questions and elaborate arguments."​
Ven. Bartholomew Holzhauser - Seventeenth Century</B>

Maxist

There are three threads that I have seen exactly the same of this as of yet, and may well be more. I have had all of my questions answered. Quite francly they did not impress me.

SunMessenger

Catholic
Maxist said:
There are three threads that I have seen exactly the same of this as of yet, and may well be more. I have had all of my questions answered. Quite francly they did not impress me.

The Man Jerrell is here to inform Mr. Maxist... His quest is noble... Are your criticisms just as noble ? Why does man complain about things that are not his way. Why does'nt man just move on and ask The Holy Spirit to impress him. I guarantee The Holy Spirit is quite impressive. Is man fearful perhaps. The Lord should be feared, but the fear does dissipate when He is obeyed out of Love. Interesting questions that perhaps there are no earthly answers to. Be Kind to your neighbor Mr . Maxist and if you are not impressed by the color of his house perhaps it is time to visit elsewhere. The answer lies in your own freedom of choice. If you are perplexed I know a visit to the prayer closet will ease your mind.

Æsahættr

I have a question for you Jerrell. Did God say the following:

'But if you do not obey Me, and do not observe all these commandments, and if you despise My statutes, or if your soul abhors My judgments, so that you do not perform all My commandments, but break My covenant, I also will do this to you: I will even appoint terror over you, wasting disease and fever which shall consume the eyes and cause sorrow of heart. And you shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it. I will set My face against you, and you shall be defeated by your enemies. Those who hate you shall reign over you, and you shall flee when no one pursues you. And after all this, if you do not obey Me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins. I will break the pride of your power; I will make your heavens like iron and your earth like bronze. And your strength shall be spent in vain; for your land shall not yield its produce, nor shall the trees of the land yield their fruit. Then, if you walk contrary to Me, and are not willing to obey Me, I will bring on you seven times more plagues, according to your sins. I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, destroy your livestock, and make you few in number; and your highways shall be desolate. And if by these things you are not reformed by Me, but walk contrary to Me, then I also will walk contrary to you, and I will punish you yet seven times for your sins. And I will bring a sword against you that will execute the vengeance of the covenant; when you are gathered together within your cities I will send pestilence among you; and you shall be delivered into the hand of the enemy. When I have cut off your supply of bread, ten women shall bake your bread in one oven, and they shall bring back your bread by weight, and you shall eat and not be satisfied. And after all this, if you do not obey Me, but walk contrary to Me, then I also will walk contrary to you in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins. You shall eat the flesh of your sons, and you shall eat the flesh of your daughters. I will destroy your high places, cut down your incense altars, and cast your carcasses on the lifeless forms of your idols; and My soul shall abhor you. I will lay your cities waste and bring your sanctuaries to desolation, and I will not smell the fragrance of your sweet aromas. I will bring the land to desolation, and your enemies who dwell in it shall be astonished at it. I will scatter you among the nations and draw out a sword after you; your land shall be desolate and your cities waste. Then the land shall enjoy its sabbaths as long as it lies desolate and you are in your enemies' land; then the land shall rest and enjoy its sabbaths. As long as it lies desolate it shall rest-- for the time it did not rest on your sabbaths when you dwelt in it. And as for those of you who are left, I will send faintness into their hearts in the lands of their enemies; the sound of a shaken leaf shall cause them to flee; they shall flee as though fleeing from a sword, and they shall fall when no one pursues. They shall stumble over one another, as it were before a sword, when no one pursues; and you shall have no power to stand before your enemies. You shall perish among the nations, and the land of your enemies shall eat you up. And those of you who are left shall waste away in their iniquity in your enemies' lands; also in their fathers' iniquities, which are with them, they shall waste away.

If God did not say that, then why is it in the Bible? If He did, why are you worshipping this psycho?

Jerrell

Yes God did say that. God is a Powerful God and he demands obidence. Seeing that he is creator and all, he has the right to do so.

But analize the Whole Context and see why he said this.

Leveticus 24:13 tells us that God said this becuase he brought them out of the Land of Egypt. That was something. God sent ten plagues on the Egyptians, and killed alot of people to get the Hebrews out of Egypt. Now after he has brought them out, shall they turn their back on him? It's like this, Will you burst your butt raising your child, then pay one million dollars to get your child out of jail, and then your child goes right back to doing what he was before you saved him? To keep him striaght you got to ahve tough love. That is the kind of God, God is . He is a True Father, he has Tough Love.

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Pr 13:24 -He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Heb 12:6 -For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.[/FONT]

Chasteneth means [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
  1. discipline, chastening, correction
    1. discipline, correction
    2. chastening
I worhsip him becuase he is a Good God. YOu ought to Focus on his good also.

1Peter 5: [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Ga 3:14 -That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.[/FONT]

God lvoes the World John 3:16

And he loved you enough to reach out and try to save you

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Isa 49:6 - And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]Joh 8:12 - Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.[/FONT]

God at times brings judgemnt. While Most times he brings promise. He loved you enough to send his son to die for you. That is reason enough to worship him.
[/FONT]

SunMessenger

Catholic
Jerrell Our Beloved Holy Mother has impressed upon my heart the following message for you... Be not tired nor afraid but rather be courages and unrelenting . Be forthright and clear . Be not weary and remember what was done to Jesus... "And they shall mock him, and shall spit upon him, and shall kill him; and the third day He Shall Rise Again." May all who read this be filled with joy and peace . May all who read this follow their hearts to a good and gentle place. And may all who read this be Blessed with the kindness and love of Jesus...

SunMessenger

Catholic
"A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars..."
Revelation 12:1

"We are now standing in the face of the greatest historical confrontation humanity has gone through. I do not think that wide circles of American society or wide circles of the Christian community realize this fully. We are now facing the final confrontation between the Church and the anti-Church, of the Gospel versus the anti-Gospel."

Karol Cardinal Wojtyla (Pope John Paul II)

Ody

SunMessenger said:
The Man Jerrell is here to inform Mr. Maxist... His quest is noble... Are your criticisms just as noble ?

Constructive criticism :D

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Please note our forum rules. If anyone has questions about how forum rule number 19 applies to posts, please PM me or another mod/ supermod or administator. Thank you.
19.) Proselytizing will not be tolerated. This forum is for sharing, discussing and understanding other religions and ideas, not converting others to your individual religion or beliefs.

FeathersinHair said:
Please note our forum rules. If anyone has questions about how forum rule number 19 applies to posts, please PM me or another mod/ supermod or administator. Thank you.

Pointing out the positives of one's religion and the idea that the deity you believe is good, is not proselytizing.

FerventGodSeeker