• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions of Christianity

Jerrell

I make this thread to answer ANY Question about Christanity. I will answer thruthfully and Biblically, to satisfy your thirst for knowledge. My Ultimate goal is to help others understand the Faith of Christ better.:jam:

Squirt

Jerrell said:
I make this thread to answer ANY Question about Christanity. I will answer thruthfully and Biblically, to satisfy your thirst for knowledge. My Ultimate goal is to help others understand the Faith of Christ better.:jam:
Okay, here's a question for you... How do you define the word "Christian"? What, in your opinion, qualifies a person call himself a Christian?

Jerrell

Christian Actaully Means Christ Like. Christians act like, Jesus Christ. This is becuase he dwells in them and is of them and they of him and the Father's Work.

Christians pure, kind and Joyous people...read the following,
Jas 3:17 - But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Galatians 5:22 The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Christians are those who are not slaves to sin. They have given up living according to the world, and have chosen to live with and for Christ. It is becuase of this that the light shines in the World, it is joyous to be around a true christian and not a vain hypocrit, living in sin.

Now dont be decieved there are flase Christians, hypocrits, who in no way represent Jesus Christ, theses are not christians for they are not christ like.

Now a Christian is one who is saved. He has Confessed Jesus as his/her Lord and Savior.
Ro 10:9 -That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
If you are saved that qualifies you to be Christian and that is the only thing. Not your works, not attending Church, not anything, but that. Confessing him as Lord and Savior and believing that he rose from the dead.

finalfrogo

Jerrell said:

Here's a question...

How can you represent Christianity when it is a broad religion with a diverse multitude of beliefs and practices?

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
Some of the best questions from my dearest Halcyon: (hope he doesnt mind me re-posting them... again)

1. Why do you believe that the texts chosen to be in the new testament were/are the most reliable?

2. Why do you believe St. Paul's account of Jesus's form and teachings even though they never met and Paul only ever saw Jesus in a dream?

3. Which is the most accurate of the four gospels, since each gives a contradictory account of events?

4. Why do you believe Jesus was the son of God, or God himself - even though Jesus never, ever said anything like that?

5. If the Bible is the word of God, why does it contradict itself and give various accounts of events?

6. If there is only one God, why is He a jealous God - what could He possible be jealous of?

7. Jesus's bloodline is traced back to King David - through Joseph, yet by your account Jesus was not the son of Joseph. Explain?

8. Jesus rose from the grave and lived amongst his disciples for 40 days before ascending, why isn't there any record outside the bible of the walking corpse of a notorius executed criminal?

finalfrogo

How do you determine the validity of one religion over another, and how do you know that this method is correct? Why, exactly, do you think Christianity is the truth when compared to the truths proposed by other religions?

(Forgive me if I am wrong about your beliefs, for I make many assumptions.)

finalfrogo

If the Great Flood actually happened...

...where did the water come from?
...how could Noah fit all those animals on the ark (considering that there are currently at least 3 million animal species on earth. Even without the aquatic animals, the number would still be absurdly substanial.)
...how could Noah gather all the animals within such a short time? If they came to him, how could they have travelled such a distance in such a short time?
...why would God (being omniscient) create humans to begin with, if He knew that they would upset Him, and eventually cause Him to murder nearly all of them?

finalfrogo

What is the fate of the millions of great, good-natured people who have died without becoming Christians?

Why does God care whether we worship Him or not?

finalfrogo

I think I'll end today's work with this last question.

The Jesus Papers states:

"First, and importantly, the crucifixion was historically the punishment for a political crime. According to the Gospels, however, Pilate gave Jesus over to the mobs, who then brayed for his execution on the basis of religious dissent. The Jewish execution for this particular transgression was death by stoning. Crucifixion was a Roman punishment reserved for sedition, not religious eccentricity. This contradiction alone illustrates that the Gospels are not reporting the matter truthfully.
"

How do you account for this? If the Jews were responsible for Jesus' death, why was he crucified (a Roman, political punishment) instead of stoned?

Squirt

Jerrell said:
Christian Actaully Means Christ Like. Christians act like, Jesus Christ. This is becuase he dwells in them and is of them and they of him and the Father's Work.
I can go along with that.

Christians are those who are not slaves to sin. They have given up living according to the world, and have chosen to live with and for Christ. It is becuase of this that the light shines in the World, it is joyous to be around a true christian and not a vain hypocrit, living in sin.
Are you saying that once one becomes a Christian, he ceases to sin?

Now a Christian is one who is saved. He has Confessed Jesus as his/her Lord and Savior.
Do you believe that all one has to do is confess Jesus as his or her Lord and Savior? Does his or her responsibility end at this moment of confession?

(You've probably noticed that I, too, call myself a Christian. I'm asking these questions to see how closely our beliefs match.)

Jerrell

finalfrogo said:
Here's a question...

How can you represent Christianity when it is a broad religion with a diverse multitude of beliefs and practices?

That is a good question. There are alot of Denominations in Christanity I myself am of a whole, a Christian is a christian and i teach that which the bible teaches. There are many practices that are flase or wrong, i will reveal these. I represent a true understnading of the faith of christanity, and this is not given to everybody, you must be lead by the holy spirit.