• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions for Muslims & Non-Muslims to address regarding the contents of the Qur'an

Why are you thinking "13"?

Do you think at 13 they are

1. Not Shufaha or immature, childish.

2. Balaghul Nikaha or the age of marriage which is synonymous in classical Arabic to maturity.

3. Sound judgement.

4. Mature enough to inherit their wealth and manage their finances.

Another reference to maturity is full physical growth as in Quran 40:67 where Ashaddakum from the root Shadad means full physical growth. So you must know when your child is full grown.

Well its just I've seen some very huge looking physically mature looking 13 year old males and females occasionally, and others (maybe not the same ones, but possibly the same) who are pretty smart or good enough with money (as good, if not better than, some much older people who just never are really). So I thought maybe in an age where people are dying in their 20s from the slightest illness or injury, that they might have to sort of get things going as early as they possibly can for the survival of the human race.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Well its just I've seen some very huge looking physically mature looking 13 year

Its not only physically mature that's said here mate.

1. Not Shufaha or immature, childish.

2. Balaghul Nikaha or the age of marriage which is synonymous in classical Arabic to maturity.

3. Sound judgement.

4. Mature enough to inherit their wealth and manage their finances.

Another reference to maturity is full physical growth as in Quran 40:67 where Ashaddakum from the root Shadad means full physical growth. So you must know when your child is full grown.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Well its just I've seen some very huge looking physically mature looking 13 year old males and females occasionally, and others (maybe not the same ones, but possibly the same) who are pretty smart or good enough with money (as good, if not better than, some much older people who just never are really). So I thought maybe in an age where people are dying in their 20s from the slightest illness or injury, that they might have to sort of get things going as early as they possibly can for the survival of the human race.

Brother, if there is a rare case where a 13 year old kid is fully grown physically, intellectual enough to inherit and manage their own finances, tested for maturity, and known to have sound judgment, maybe its fine for marriage. I have never in my life seen a scenario of that nature. But when you wish to bring hypotheticals, you could bring all kinds of hypotheticals.

One could never say a million different regulations for a million different scenarios. I remember when I wrote an article about rape, this guy wrote an opposing article that said "why 18? Why not 17 years and 364 days"? That was in a discussion about "statutory rape".

If that's the type of argument one is gonna make, you can make 365 days into 17 in number of arguments. What if the teen was 17 years and 362 days, how about 361 days, etc etc. Its not objective brother. Hope you understand.

Yeah, which is maybe why these matters are left to individuals, governments, communities, and society and not given more details or specifics in the Qur'an. In the Islamic legal system though, they don't seem to mind the story spread about Muhammed marrying a very young Aisha, and then some other story I think which either states clearly or implies sex with Aisha at a very early age, which is very frequently brought up these days by Anti-Islamic polemicists as a point to demonstrate the corruption of Muhammed and the corruption of Islamic Law (based on the Hadith).

firedragon

Veteran Member
Yeah, which is maybe why these matters are left to individuals, governments, communities, and society and not given more details or specifics in the Qur'an. In the Islamic legal system though, they don't seem to mind the story spread about Muhammed marrying a very young Aisha, and then some other story I think which either states clearly or implies sex with Aisha at a very early age, which is very frequently brought up these days by Anti-Islamic polemicists as a point to demonstrate the corruption of Muhammed and the corruption of Islamic Law (based on the Hadith).

Well the age of Aisha matter can be easily resolved with honest research. There was an older post on this through ahadith themselves.

Well the age of Aisha matter can be easily resolved with honest research. There was an older post on this through ahadith themselves.
How did they resolve it? I have trouble navigating or even getting proper search results using this site for some reason. If you know the link or could summarize and repeat the findings here, that would be much appreciated. Is there a lot of historical stuff that can make it certain that Aisha existed and was literally the bride of a real living Muhammed too, or was it something else, or was there no real Aisha who can be verified for certain anyway?

firedragon

Veteran Member
How did they resolve it? I have trouble navigating or even getting proper search results using this site for some reason. If you know the link or could summarize and repeat the findings here, that would be much appreciated. Is there a lot of historical stuff that can make it certain that Aisha existed and was literally the bride of a real living Muhammed too, or was it something else, or was there no real Aisha who can be verified for certain anyway?

Brother. This is a whole other topic. I will try to find that thread FYI.

firedragon

Veteran Member

https://www.religiousforums.com/threads/aishas-age-the-real-debate.228700/#post-6466418

Extremely kind of you to do so, and I appreciate it so much! Thank you! I will look into that there and see what they said. The majority of Muslims and Non-Muslims seem to believe in the existence of Jesus, Jesus' disciples, Muhammed, Muhammed's companions, and Aisha (and others).

I am personally a little skeptical about the existence of the disciples as we know them (for example Judas, and skeptical of Joseph and many other characters), and I am skeptical also of the actual history regarding Muhammed and his followers and characters surrounding him, as in the Ancient world as we go further back, it seems to be full of stories and a tendency to make up people to fit stories and lessons. I am wondering also about evidence regarding Aisha and her actual status or connection to any Muhammed, especially when they come along and so often say that there is very little remaining evidence by Western Academic standards I guess that Muhammed was who people say that Muhammed was or even existed or for the early formation period of Islam in Arabia. One cool thing though is a coin I found a picture of which used the Alexander style of Macedonian hat which it seemed to imply was worn by Muhammed by having some suggestion or his name on the coin before they changed the minting technique.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Extremely kind of you to do so, and I appreciate it so much! Thank you! I will look into that there and see what they said. The majority of Muslims and Non-Muslims seem to believe in the existence of Jesus, Jesus' disciples, Muhammed, Muhammed's companions, and Aisha (and others).

I am personally a little skeptical about the existence of the disciples as we know them (for example Judas, and skeptical of Joseph and many other characters), and I am skeptical also of the actual history regarding Muhammed and his followers and characters surrounding him, as in the Ancient world as we go further back, it seems to be full of stories and a tendency to make up people to fit stories and lessons. I am wondering also about evidence regarding Aisha and her actual status or connection to any Muhammed, especially when they come along and so often say that there is very little remaining evidence by Western Academic standards I guess that Muhammed was who people say that Muhammed was or even existed or for the early formation period of Islam in Arabia. One cool thing though is a coin I found a picture of which used the Alexander style of Macedonian hat which it seemed to imply was worn by Muhammed by having some suggestion or his name on the coin before they changed the minting technique.

Early history after Muhammeds era is a whole other subject brother. I am glad of your scepticism. But analyse one subject at a time.

Peace.