• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions for Jews

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
If you asked Jewish members here to list the prophecies that the Messiah must accomplish, you'd see the actual problem.

The number and scope of these expectations are unrealistic for any one person, during any one lifetime.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
If you asked Jewish members here to list the prophecies that the Messiah must accomplish, you'd see the actual problem.

The number and scope of these expectations are unrealistic for any one person, during any one lifetime.

Not really.

Elliott

You mean to say that you think the number of things the Messiah must accomplish are too numerous for any one man alone?

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
You mean to say that you think the number of things the Messiah must accomplish are too numerous for any one man alone?

The number and scope of these expectations.

** We're talking about worldwide events, involving billions of people.

Not really.

These expectations are however feasible collectively/socially.

Notice- the Messiah is not even considered until ALL messianic prophecies are accomplished. The response was/is always 'wait, and see.'

Last edited:

Akivah

Shalom Jewish brethren,
First off, I'm a little envious that I'm not a descendant of Isaac, the blessed chosen sacred people.

Why envious? You're just fine as you are.

Im serious that I have a reverance for the Jewish race, culture, and history. I've never met a Jew I didn't like.

Well we're not a homogeneous gestalt with the same personality. I'm sure there are Jews that you'd dislike if you ever met them.

However, I've never met a Jew that thought we should stone adulterers or put people to death for working on Sabbath.

That's because it would be against the law to do so. Death penalties require a working Sanhedrin and we haven't had one for around 2000 years.

Who is the final authority that a Jew should turn to to tell us what parts of the law should be followed in our current world?

That's dependent on the individual Jew and what they hold as authoritative.

What in your opinion will the true Messaiah do to fulfill prophecy?

To be identified as the future messiah, the claimant needs to 1) bring about world peace so that nations shall forget how to make war 2) rebuild the Temple 3) Ingather all the Jews to Jerusalem 4) everyone in the world acknowledges G-d as the only true G-d. Unless all tasks are completed, no one can qualify as being called the future messiah.

Do you consider Jesus a false Messaiah? Why In your opinion?

First I don't believe that jesus ever actually existed. I think he's an amalgamation of concepts from the cults of Bacchus, Mithra, and one more that I don't remember. Even if the guy existed, he did nothing that would qualify him as being the future messiah.

Would that make him an Antichrist?
That's a christian term. I don't attach any meaning to it.

Can I use my Israeli flag as a legitimate Hebrew prayer shawl?
Well it's your property, you can do whatever you want with it.

Do you have a distaste for Christian Zionists? Do you believe Christians should support Israel?

I maintain a healthy suspicion of them. I like that they support Israel, I dislike their conversion of Jews activities.

Do you believe Israel should have more land (all the land that was promised to the Jews in Scripture?)

No more than any other country should have more land.

Do you believe that the creation of the state of Israel is a fulfillment of prophecy?
No.

Do you believe the temple will be restored? If the temple does get restored, will there be animal sacrifice?

Yes, the Temple will be restored by the future messiah. It is one of the requirements. Personally, I'm uncertain if animal sacrifices will resume. I've heard arguments both ways. I figure I'll let the future messiah make the decision.

Why do you think the Jews have been so hated and persecuted? Do you think the New Testament is largely responsible for it?

We don't give up our religion and that annoys people unto the present day. Yes, the christian bible is overtly anti-Jewish and is mostly responsible for the hatred against us. The Muslims copied from it, to their book.

Sorry if the questions irritated you.

They didn't. I hope my answers didn't irritate you.

Akivah

This is a question that may be impossible to answer, but approximately what percent of people that call themselves Jewish are actually descendants of Jacob (Israel)?

I'm not expecting an answer but just thought I'd ask just in case :)

Your question has no meaning. Converts to Judaism are just as Jewish as any other Jew.

Akivah

I pray for Jews and Israel, I just don't pray for their conversion. It's just better that Jews remain separate from Christianity and keep their Hebrew identity, culture, and traditions.

Thank you. I personally know a few Christians like that.

They are waiting for a Messaiah that will fulfill prophecy. God will give it to his people. I pray that God raise up for them a savior who will actually fulfill all the prophecies, not argue with Jewish authorities and die on a cross.

That jesus character in the story wasn't killed by Jews, but by the Romans. Why don't people hate Italians for that?

Akivah

We didn't set the prophecies, G-d did. Since G-d said that one person would do all the prophecies, I believe G-d.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I said envious not in a jealous way , just that it would be nice to be a descendant of Isaac in my opinion.

The Bible was written by Jews. G-d revealed his word to Israel of all groups. G-d clearly favored and blessed that group of people. So I think it would be cool to have those roots is all...to know my ancestors were given G-d's word, law, and precepts.

I don't know why G-d has favorites but he does..."Jacob I have loved, Esau I have hated"

Akivah

Where does it say that specifically?
Throughout the bible, multiple passages.

• I s aiah 2, 11, 42; 59:20
  • J e remiah 23, 30, 33; 48:47; 49:39
  • E z ekiel 38:16
  • H o sea 3:4-3:5
  • Mi c ah 4
  • Z e phaniah 3:9
  • Z e chariah 14:9
  • D a niel 10:14

Flankerl

But God screwing a woman to create himself as a human to kill himself and then fulfil all the prophecies later is perfectly realistic.

#justchristianthings

The OP asked for Jews to weigh in not practitioners of the religion of Judaism. And Jews are Jews due to matrilinial descent.

You defend the wrong user.

He claims to have Jews as his ancestors quite some time ago and ALWAYS enters such threads to spread his good news.

Don't defend Christian behaviour.

Baroodi

Is Judaism a religion for all the world or only for the Jews? If for all the world and every body need to embrace it to be saved why the jews are not keen to spread it all over the nations? if it is only meant to be for what is presumed to be the selected nation? what about the rest of mankind and Jinns/ Why God is not bothered by them?

Exalted my Lord, What a sinful word and slander they say