• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions for intelligent design follower to answer.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
And there is a big difference between presenting actual evidence and making suggestions about how to fit an interpretation into a pet theory.

And scientists do the former while creationists do the latter. Consistently so.

No one can ignore proof.....the debate is only still raging because science cannot provide more than suggestions about how evolution took place. No one was there to document anything and the fossils only have a voice that was given to them by scientists.

And this is where you are wrong. Not only do they prove the existence of various animals, but we get a timeline for such existence. Since living things propagate by reproduction, we can compare and see the lines of descent. That isn't trying to fit things to a pet theory, it is letting ALL the available evidence speak for itself. All we need is to keep consistency.

Nothing science has pertaining to its evolutionary chain can link one creature to another except by guesswork. That is not science.
And that is where you make your major mistake. Living things propagate by reproduction. So, at any time, *something* at the previous time was the ancestor. All we need to do is look at the similarities to see which one(s).

LOL you just described what is needed to believe in the Creator :D all of that applies. Have you ever done it?

Except that creationism is the model for ignoring evidence and attempting to fit it to a pet theory without even knowing the basics of science. By refusing to learn appropriate terminology, for example, you are simply ignoring the evidence that is there and the distinctions that exist.

Have you learned comparative anatomy? Have to read research journals dealing with technicalities? Have you learned the terminology? Have you compared quotes to actual articles?

I have.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Who are you trying to convince? Me or yourself? :shrug:

Rehashing is a waste of time....its all been said. Believe whatever you like.....OK? It isn't me you have to answer to. :)

True, we all have to be honest and determined to find the truth. Sometimes that means facing unpleasant facts.

wellwisher

One way to explain the literal interpretation of Genesis; formation of the heavens and earth and life in seven days, is connected to Einstein's Theory of Relativity. Forming the universe in seven days does not make sense in our earth reference. However, it would make sense if one was witnessing the formation of the universe in a reference that was very close to the speed of light; C.

In the twin paradox, two twins start out in the same earth reference. One twin is placed on a rocket and moves near the speed of light. The other twin receives no energy and velocity but stays on the earth. The moving twin ages slower, since time in his moving reference is moving slower than the twin that remains stationary. This affect has been demonstrated in the lab using radioactive isotopes, whose half life will slow with velocity.

In the case of Genesis, the reference of God would need to be very close to the speed of light; ancient of days, so God would see the universe forming in what appear to very rapid time lapse photography. God, like the moving twin, is aging so slow, that the inertial universe formation appears to take only seven days in his reference close to C. God is historically symbolized by light; speed of light reference.

If you compare the Genesis time scale for the physical evolution of heaven, earth and life, to the time scale inferred by science, it takes a day in Genesis to make the bulk universe, whereas science says it would have taken ten billions of years to get to the earth formation. The earth then takes another day in Genesis, yet science says this takes another five billion years. The net affect is God's reference was not holding steady at near the speed of light, but was decelerating from C to C-.

Einstein said that the laws of physic are the same in all references. What can be different, is the reference by which we observe these laws. Science and Genesis are consistent in terms of the laws of physics, but each uses a different reference by which to observe and collect data. Creationism appears overly simplified, compared to science, because rapidly moving time lapse photography makes harder to dwell on the tiny details. One needs to move between the two references; C and inertial, to see the consistency between the bigger and smaller pictures.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
One way to explain the literal interpretation of Genesis; formation of the heavens and earth and life in seven days, is connected to Einstein's Theory of Relativity. Forming the universe in seven days does not make sense in our earth reference. However, it would make sense if one was witnessing the formation of the universe in a reference that was very close to the speed of light; C.

In the twin paradox, two twins start out in the same earth reference. One twin is placed on a rocket and moves near the speed of light. The other twin receives no energy and velocity but stays on the earth. The moving twin ages slower, since time in his moving reference is moving slower than the twin that remains stationary. This affect has been demonstrated in the lab using radioactive isotopes, whose half life will slow with velocity.

In the case of Genesis, the reference of God would need to be very close to the speed of light; ancient of days, so God would see the universe forming in what appear to very rapid time lapse photography. God, like the moving twin, is aging so slow, that the inertial universe formation appears to take only seven days in his reference close to C. God is historically symbolized by light; speed of light reference.

If you compare the Genesis time scale for the physical evolution of heaven, earth and life, to the time scale inferred by science, it takes a day in Genesis to make the bulk universe, whereas science says it would have taken ten billions of years to get to the earth formation. The earth then takes another day in Genesis, yet science says this takes another five billion years. The net affect is God's reference was not holding steady at near the speed of light, but was decelerating from C to C-.

Einstein said that the laws of physic are the same in all references. What can be different, is the reference by which we observe these laws. Science and Genesis are consistent in terms of the laws of physics, but each uses a different reference by which to observe and collect data. Creationism appears overly simplified, compared to science, because rapidly moving time lapse photography makes harder to dwell on the tiny details. One needs to move between the two references; C and inertial, to see the consistency between the bigger and smaller pictures.

You might want to learn a bit of general relativity. That is what is used to model the universe as a whole, not special relativity.

Bear Wild

Who are you trying to convince? Me or yourself? :shrug:

Rehashing is a waste of time....its all been said. Believe whatever you like.....OK? It isn't me you have to answer to. :)
Just trying to help you since you still do not understand evolutionary theory. By the way one is going to have to answer to a smiley face. That is an drawing unless the smiley face is what you believe in. You repeat the same mistakes over and over again and as said before through out large posts with mixed information thus make it hard to help you. If you want to understand evolution theory you must be open to learning it. It would be best to stay focused on specific problems one at a time. Start with one issue specific aspect so that we can clarify each one at a time and avoid you rehashing you repetitive statements which have not helped clarify the evidence better. Maybe start with fossil evidence and how it clearly supports evolution and show genesis story is inadequate.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Just trying to help you since you still do not understand evolutionary theory. By the way one is going to have to answer to a smiley face. That is an drawing unless the smiley face is what you believe in. You repeat the same mistakes over and over again and as said before through out large posts with mixed information thus make it hard to help you. If you want to understand evolution theory you must be open to learning it. It would be best to stay focused on specific problems one at a time. Start with one issue specific aspect so that we can clarify each one at a time and avoid you rehashing you repetitive statements which have not helped clarify the evidence better. Maybe start with fossil evidence and how it clearly supports evolution and show genesis story is inadequate.

Seriously.....you actually believe that you can teach me out of my faith? What do you think you know that I have not already considered? I don't make my assumptions on nothing. My faith is not blind, but I see that yours apparently is. I have studied the evidence and read the details (when presented in plain English) I especially like the simplified version because it can't hide behind jargon. It's the bare bones of it in all their glory.
Those bare bones reveal all the flaws. The assumptions, suggestions and guesswork are in plain sight.

It wouldn't matter what you presented, I can see what you cannot.....and you apparently see what I cannot. You have faith in your "belief system" and I have faith in mine.

I will continue to expose evolution for what it is, and the scientists here can moan till the cows come home.....they cannot "PROVE" that evolution ever took place the way they ASSUME that it did.
That is the only FACT we need to know.

We have the choice between believing in theoretical science, which can change tomorrow....or we can put our faith in the Creator who has been around long before the universe came to exist...and who never changes. It's our choice....if you have made your choice and are confident about it, why do you need to defend it so vigorously? It's as if your life depends on it......does it?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
True, we all have to be honest and determined to find the truth. Sometimes that means facing unpleasant facts.

True from both sides. I have examined your facts and found them not to be facts at all. I see lots of circumstantial evidence interpreted in a very biased manner in an ego driven environment that fosters a "believe it or else" mentality.

Sorry but I cannot entertain the concept of such incredibly complex design happening by undirected chance. Those are gamblers odds.....I am not a gambler.

Bear Wild

Seriously.....you actually believe that you can teach me out of my faith? What do you think you know that I have not already considered? I don't make my assumptions on nothing. My faith is not blind, but I see that yours apparently is. I have studied the evidence and read the details (when presented in plain English) I especially like the simplified version because it can't hide behind jargon. It's the bare bones of it in all their glory.
Those bare bones reveal all the flaws. The assumptions, suggestions and guesswork are in plain sight.

It wouldn't matter what you presented, I can see what you cannot.....and you apparently see what I cannot. You have faith in your "belief system" and I have faith in mine.

I will continue to expose evolution for what it is, and the scientists here can moan till the cows come home.....they cannot "PROVE" that evolution ever took place the way they ASSUME that it did.
That is the only FACT we need to know.

We have the choice between believing in theoretical science, which can change tomorrow....or we can put our faith in the Creator who has been around long before the universe came to exist...and who never changes. It's our choice....if you have made your choice and are confident about it, why do you need to defend it so vigorously? It's as if your life depends on it......does it?
I have no intentions of teaching you about your faith. That is your beliefs. I am trying to help you understand the theory of evolution and not question your faith.. However lets start with a simple problem. Genesis gives no explanation for the fossils found and the clear pattern of increasing complexity with geological time. That is obvious of course. Evolution does explain very well the fossil record and the increasing complexity with geological time supports the theory. And by the way the Theory of evolution has only changed with increasing support for the theory so no fear about the theory tomorrow. Now How does genesis explain the fossil record? I would like to know since my multiple reading of genesis does not reveal any explanation for the fossil record. Also remember that genesis as a myth should have no affect on your faith in what you believe. If it does I can see why you are so worried about the theory of evolution and that would explain some of your reactions.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I have no intentions of teaching you about your faith. That is your beliefs. I am trying to help you understand the theory of evolution and not question your faith.

The sad thing is that you think that it is necessary to educate me about science as if somehow I will see the validity of your argument if I just understood the science. o_O I understand it perfectly well and I see what you cannot....or don't want to.

Evolution destroys faith in the Creator, for whom I see way more solid evidence than for any 'accidents of nature' making 'miracles' happen. FYI miracles are taking place every day....you call them nature. Nature is a miracle with its own laws governing everything. From my perspective, you can't seem to be able to see past the end of your nose. Science is in your face obscuring the most obvious conclusions....but because your 'religion' doesn't allow faith in the supernatural, you reject it without investigation. Isn't that what you accuse me of doing? Have you really investigated the other side of this story yourself? It requires more than a cursory reading of Genesis.

However lets start with a simple problem. Genesis gives no explanation for the fossils found and the clear pattern of increasing complexity with geological time. That is obvious of course. Evolution does explain very well the fossil record and the increasing complexity with geological time supports the theory.

Genesis gives a reasonable explanation for all of it. YEC's have taken Genesis into the realms of fantasy.....but the Bible fully supports what science "knows" as opposed to what science "assumes". Do you even know that there is a difference?

And by the way the Theory of evolution has only changed with increasing support for the theory so no fear about the theory tomorrow.

Evolution has to change when discoveries are made to render a previous belief to be false. Or if scientific fraud is exposed.

Now How does genesis explain the fossil record? I would like to know since my multiple reading of genesis does not reveal any explanation for the fossil record.

Genesis explains it all when you understand that a "day" is not a 24 hour period in this instance. These "days" could well have been millions of earth years long. The Creator does not dwell in earth time, nor is he limited by it, so using a term understood by humans of the time period (before men of science discovered more details) was adequate. As time went on, more would be revealed as humans became better educated. What would have been the point of telling the story with complicated scientific details that people of the period would never have understood? It has taken mankind thousands of years to become even slightly educated about science, which has not invalidated Genesis, and never will.

Also remember that genesis as a myth should have no affect on your faith in what you believe. If it does I can see why you are so worried about the theory of evolution and that would explain some of your reactions.

I don't believe Genesis is a myth....I believe it was a simplified story to explain things that could not have been known in any detail at the time. To me, science has just discovered what the Bible writers did not know or could understand. The way they interpreted their discoveries leaves a lot to be desired. But a divorce from God was the objective for the majority.

The Bible is not and never pretended to be, a science textbook....but when it touches on matters of science, it is very accurate and opposite to what popular opinion of the day expressed.

I'll take God's word over man's any day. You are free to believe whatever you like.

Bear Wild

The sad thing is that you think that it is necessary to educate me about science as if somehow I will see the validity of your argument if I just understood the science. o_O I understand it perfectly well and I see what you cannot....or don't want to.

Evolution destroys faith in the Creator, for whom I see way more solid evidence than for any 'accidents of nature' making 'miracles' happen. FYI miracles are taking place every day....you call them nature. Nature is a miracle with its own laws governing everything. From my perspective, you can't seem to be able to see past the end of your nose. Science is in your face obscuring the most obvious conclusions....but because your 'religion' doesn't allow faith in the supernatural, you reject it without investigation. Isn't that what you accuse me of doing? Have you really investigated the other side of this story yourself? It requires more than a cursory reading of Genesis.

Genesis gives a reasonable explanation for all of it. YEC's have taken Genesis into the realms of fantasy.....but the Bible fully supports what science "knows" as opposed to what science "assumes". Do you even know that there is a difference?

Evolution has to change when discoveries are made to render a previous belief to be false. Or if scientific fraud is exposed.

Genesis explains it all when you understand that a "day" is not a 24 hour period in this instance. These "days" could well have been millions of earth years long. The Creator does not dwell in earth time, nor is he limited by it, so using a term understood by humans of the time period (before men of science discovered more details) was adequate. As time went on, more would be revealed as humans became better educated. What would have been the point of telling the story with complicated scientific details that people of the period would never have understood? It has taken mankind thousands of years to become even slightly educated about science, which has not invalidated Genesis, and never will.

I don't believe Genesis is a myth....I believe it was a simplified story to explain things that could not have been known in any detail at the time. To me, science has just discovered what the Bible writers did not know or could understand. The way they interpreted their discoveries leaves a lot to be desired. But a divorce from God was the objective for the majority.

The Bible is not and never pretended to be, a science textbook....but when it touches on matters of science, it is very accurate and opposite to what popular opinion of the day expressed.

I'll take God's word over man's any day. You are free to believe whatever you like.

So you avoided the question of the fossils. This does not surprise me since genesis is a myth and does not explain fossil evidence at all any you are aware of that. So you avoid the problem. The problem is that gods word was written by mans so it is mans word not gods. You are so afraid of the theory of evolution which is sad since it should have no effect on your faith. But your belief falls apart if the evolutionary theory is correct because you do not understand the power of myth. So you ramble on about the flaws of evolution when you know genesis explains nothing unless you accept the important symbolic meaning to those of the Jewish faith.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
So you avoided the question of the fossils. This does not surprise me since genesis is a myth and does not explain fossil evidence at all any you are aware of that. So you avoid the problem. The problem is that gods word was written by mans so it is mans word not gods. You are so afraid of the theory of evolution which is sad since it should have no effect on your faith. But your belief falls apart if the evolutionary theory is correct because you do not understand the power of myth. So you ramble on about the flaws of evolution when you know genesis explains nothing unless you accept the important symbolic meaning to those of the Jewish faith.

Keep telling yourself that.....:D the answer to your question about the fossils was in there...did you miss it? If the days weren't 24 hour periods, then there were millions of years between the creatures that ended up becoming fossils, allowing each creature to be created as separate and distinct from the last in it's own timeframe....and the earth itself is older than all of them. It requires deduction my dear Watson.

Never mind, it's like talking to a brick wall.....I'm done.

Last edited:

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
there were millions of years between the creatures that ended up becoming fossils, allowing each creature to be created as separate and distinct from the last in it's own timeframe
Whenever I see a creationist express this sort of view, I'm reminded of a question Kathleen Hunt asked regarding the horse fossil record....

A Question for Creationists: Creationists who wish to deny the evidence of horse evolution should carefully consider this: how else can you explain the sequence of horse fossils? Even if creationists insist on ignoring the transitional fossils (many of which have been found), again, how can the unmistakable sequence of these fossils be explained? Did God create Hyracotherium, then kill off Hyracotherium and create some Hyracotherium-Orohippus intermediates, then kill off the intermediates and create Orohippus, then kill off Orohippus and create Epihippus, then allow Epihippus to "microevolve" into Duchesnehippus, then kill off Duchesnehippus and create Mesohippus, then create some Mesohippus-Miohippus intermediates, then create Miohippus, then kill off Mesohippus, etc.....each species coincidentally similar to the species that came just before and came just after?

Creationism utterly fails to explain the sequence of known horse fossils from the last 50 million years. That is, without invoking the "God Created Everything To Look Just Like Evolution Happened" Theory.​

Apparently God went through a billions of years long "trial and error" phase. :p

Bear Wild

Keep telling yourself that.....:D the answer to your question about the fossils was in there...did you miss it? If the days weren't 24 hour periods, then there were millions of years between the creatures that ended up becoming fossils, allowing each creature to be created as separate and distinct from the last in it's own timeframe....and the the earth itself is older than all of them. It requires deduction my dear Watson.

Your done meaning you cannot explain fossils in the myth genesis and you are finally starting to accept Evolution. But you see genesis does not say a word about fossils or that god created life over and over again burying the previous attempts at life in the ground. You made that up. You interpreted the length of days. You create things in your mind to cope with the obvious flaws and since it is all myth and made up you can come up with anything then convince yourself it must be true. As for evolution theory it has to withstand all of the questioning and testing from so many different people which makes it such a strong theory. It has survived all of the questions and progresses forward. So tell my was a day 48 hours, 48 thousand years, 48 million years. Tell me how long a day was since it is not clear at all in genesis. In magical thinking you can create the length of time and change as it suites you. Not believable at all. You see my posts have not meant to be funny but that is you defense mechanism. Again how does genesis explain the fossil record outside of the imagination of those who want to believe it does?

Bear Wild

Keep telling yourself that.....:D the answer to your question about the fossils was in there...did you miss it? If the days weren't 24 hour periods, then there were millions of years between the creatures that ended up becoming fossils, allowing each creature to be created as separate and distinct from the last in it's own timeframe....and the earth itself is older than all of them. It requires deduction my dear Watson.

I see you post the symbol funny because you have no answer and have nothing left to defend you argument. I understand. Still willing to help you understand the theory of evolution when your ready.

Audie

Veteran Member
Whenever I see a creationist express this sort of view, I'm reminded of a question Kathleen Hunt asked regarding the horse fossil record....

A Question for Creationists: Creationists who wish to deny the evidence of horse evolution should carefully consider this: how else can you explain the sequence of horse fossils? Even if creationists insist on ignoring the transitional fossils (many of which have been found), again, how can the unmistakable sequence of these fossils be explained? Did God create Hyracotherium, then kill off Hyracotherium and create some Hyracotherium-Orohippus intermediates, then kill off the intermediates and create Orohippus, then kill off Orohippus and create Epihippus, then allow Epihippus to "microevolve" into Duchesnehippus, then kill off Duchesnehippus and create Mesohippus, then create some Mesohippus-Miohippus intermediates, then create Miohippus, then kill off Mesohippus, etc.....each species coincidentally similar to the species that came just before and came just after?

Creationism utterly fails to explain the sequence of known horse fossils from the last 50 million years. That is, without invoking the "God Created Everything To Look Just Like Evolution Happened" Theory.​

Apparently God went through a billions of years long "trial and error" phase. :p

It is not really a creationist saying it.
It is what they memorized and regurged,
not a trace of understanding.

tas8831

And there is a big difference between presenting actual evidence and making suggestions about how to fit an interpretation into a pet theory.
How would you know?
You have unwittingly admitted that you lack the knowledge and sophistication to understand actual evidence that is presented to you. Do you think everyone's memory and critical thinking skills are as underdeveloped as your own?
No one can ignore proof.

No one can ignore that which the religionist has never presented.
....the debate is only still raging because science cannot provide more than suggestions about how evolution took place.
This a lie and you should acknowledge this, if you were not programmed to never do so.
No one was there to document anything and the fossils only have a voice that was given to them by scientists.
No one was there to document the creation or the flood.

Unless you think God wrote it down somewhere - if that is the case, where are the original stories?

One of the more annoying antics of the religionist is their always-present use of double standards.
Nothing science has pertaining to its evolutionary chain can link one creature to another except by guesswork. That is not science.
Why do you lie so much?

The tested methodology:

Science 25 October 1991:
Vol. 254. no. 5031, pp. 554 - 558

Gene trees and the origins of inbred strains of mice

WR Atchley and WM Fitch

Extensive data on genetic divergence among 24 inbred strains of mice provide an opportunity to examine the concordance of gene trees and species trees, especially whether structured subsamples of loci give congruent estimates of phylogenetic relationships. Phylogenetic analyses of 144 separate loci reproduce almost exactly the known genealogical relationships among these 24 strains. Partitioning these loci into structured subsets representing loci coding for proteins, the immune system and endogenous viruses give incongruent phylogenetic results. The gene tree based on protein loci provides an accurate picture of the genealogical relationships among strains; however, gene trees based upon immune and viral data show significant deviations from known genealogical affinities.

======================

Science, Vol 255, Issue 5044, 589-592

Experimental phylogenetics: generation of a known phylogeny

DM Hillis, JJ Bull, ME White, MR Badgett, and IJ Molineux
Department of Zoology, University of Texas, Austin 78712.

Although methods of phylogenetic estimation are used routinely in comparative biology, direct tests of these methods are hampered by the lack of known phylogenies. Here a system based on serial propagation of bacteriophage T7 in the presence of a mutagen was used to create the first completely known phylogeny. Restriction-site maps of the terminal lineages were used to infer the evolutionary history of the experimental lines for comparison to the known history and actual ancestors. The five methods used to reconstruct branching pattern all predicted the correct topology but varied in their predictions of branch lengths; one method also predicts ancestral restriction maps and was found to be greater than 98 percent accurate.

==================================

Science, Vol 264, Issue 5159, 671-677

Application and accuracy of molecular phylogenies

DM Hillis, JP Huelsenbeck, and CW Cunningham
Department of Zoology, University of Texas, Austin 78712.

Molecular investigations of evolutionary history are being used to study subjects as diverse as the epidemiology of acquired immune deficiency syndrome and the origin of life. These studies depend on accurate estimates of phylogeny. The performance of methods of phylogenetic analysis can be assessed by numerical simulation studies and by the experimental evolution of organisms in controlled laboratory situations. Both kinds of assessment indicate that existing methods are effective at estimating phylogenies over a wide range of evolutionary conditions, especially if information about substitution bias is used to provide differential weightings for character transformations.

We can ASSUME that the results of an application of those methods have merit.

Application of the tested methodology:

Implications of natural selection in shaping 99.4% nonsynonymous DNA identity between humans and chimpanzees: Enlarging genus Homo

"Here we compare ≈90 kb of coding DNA nucleotide sequence from 97 human genes to their sequenced chimpanzee counterparts and to available sequenced gorilla, orangutan, and Old World monkey counterparts, and, on a more limited basis, to mouse. The nonsynonymous changes (functionally important), like synonymous changes (functionally much less important), show chimpanzees and humans to be most closely related, sharing 99.4% identity at nonsynonymous sites and 98.4% at synonymous sites. "

Mitochondrial Insertions into Primate Nuclear Genomes Suggest the Use of numts as a Tool for Phylogeny

"Moreover, numts identified in gorilla Supercontigs were used to test the human–chimp–gorilla trichotomy, yielding a high level of support for the sister relationship of human and chimpanzee."

A Molecular Phylogeny of Living Primates

"Once contentiously debated, the closest human relative of chimpanzee (Pan) within subfamily Homininae (Gorilla, Pan, Homo) is now generally undisputed. The branch forming the Homo andPanlineage apart from Gorilla is relatively short (node 73, 27 steps MP, 0 indels) compared with that of thePan genus (node 72, 91 steps MP, 2 indels) and suggests rapid speciation into the 3 genera occurred early in Homininae evolution. Based on 54 gene regions, Homo-Pan genetic distance range from 6.92 to 7.90×10−3 substitutions/site (P. paniscus and P. troglodytes, respectively), which is less than previous estimates based on large scale sequencing of specific regions such as chromosome 7[50]. "

Catarrhine phylogeny: noncoding DNA evidence for a diphyletic origin of the mangabeys and for a human-chimpanzee clade.

"The Superfamily Hominoidea for apes and humans is reduced to family Hominidae within Superfamily Cercopithecoidea, with all living hominids placed in subfamily Homininae; and (4) chimpanzees and humans are members of a single genus, Homo, with common and bonobo chimpanzees placed in subgenus H. (Pan) and humans placed in subgenus H. (Homo). It may be noted that humans and chimpanzees are more than 98.3% identical in their typical nuclear noncoding DNA and probably more than 99.5% identical in the active coding nucleotide sequences of their functional nuclear genes (Goodman et al., 1989, 1990). In mammals such high genetic correspondence is commonly found between sibling species below the generic level but not between species in different genera."

And before you start whining about "jargon" and the like, I will remind you that I dumbed this down for you once already and you still repeat the same lame lies.
Have you no shame at all?