• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions for forum members...

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
@KAT-KAT Well, when it comes to body modifications in general, they are pretty culturally common where I live. I would say 80-90% of people in my area have at least one tattoo. 60-70% have at least 3. and 30-40% at least have a full sleeve. I plan on getting much more, and am currently designing the one I get next. The ones I plan on getting with me inspired by norse petroglyphs (both prehistoric and medieval), and will also be inspired by American Classic themes. When I'm done, I will have double sleeves. It's expensive, though, so it will take time to realize my goals! :D

As for piercings, I've always loved them. They are also culturally common, so I don't stand out too much with them. Not many have large gauge septum piercings, though, so that's more unique to me - especially since they are all matching stones (or will be, when I'm gone stretching).

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
When I was younger, there were multiple things I wanted to do, speaking of appearance and enhancements. One of them I did get accomplished though - dyeing my hair, for a time. It looked worse than my brunette appearance from certain angles. But eventually some of the hair turned brown and for a time, my hair looked like it had highlights when it didn't, as a result of how it grew back. It actually looked pretty good at that point, and I did get compliments. Best $50 I've spent.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I always interpret the optimistic frubal as an eye roll. I can't help it. There are some subjects like religion and salvation and reincarnation that I'll budge on. But this, you'd be better off wrestling a mad bull than changing my mind.

So @JustGeorge - just for that I should tell you a long story about the summer I spent opening plastic action figures.

images (6).jpeg

I was a teenager and I had watched Star Wars Attack of the Clones 10 times because I liked it and had rather poor taste in movies. One day, I saw that the action figures were on sale and I spent my birthday money and all my savings to buy about 40 of them. It filled two carts. I considered it an investment because I thought they would be worth something. Toward the end of the summer, I realized my summer was wasted watching Star Wars movies and playing Star Wars games. So I decided to open all 40 of the Star Wars action figures. It took me all day to open them all. And they were great to play with. For 2 whole days. After that they stayed in storage tubs. Years later, yardsalers talked me down from $1-$2 a piece on each loose figure. A bunch of kids even came and stole a few.

Don't worry. I have plenty more stories.

It's cool, JustGeorge. I do think that in general, but really I'm just bringing some life to the boards here. The action figure story is true though. Although the watching Star Wars 10 times is an estimate and could be more or less. How's your day going?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I always interpret the optimistic frubal as an eye roll. I can't help it. There are some subjects like religion and salvation and reincarnation that I'll budge on. But this, you'd be better off wrestling a mad bull than changing my mind.

So @JustGeorge - just for that I should tell you a long story about the summer I spent opening plastic action figures.

View attachment 52213

I was a teenager and I had watched Star Wars Attack of the Clones 10 times because I liked it and had rather poor taste in movies. One day, I saw that the action figures were on sale and I spent my birthday money and all my savings to buy about 40 of them. It filled two carts. I considered it an investment because I thought they would be worth something. Toward the end of the summer, I realized my summer was wasted watching Star Wars movies and playing Star Wars games. So I decided to open all 40 of the Star Wars action figures. It took me all day to open them all. And they were great to play with. For 2 whole days. After that they stayed in storage tubs. Years later, yardsalers talked me down from $1-$2 a piece on each loose figure. A bunch of kids even came and stole a few.

Don't worry. I have plenty more stories.

It's cool, JustGeorge. I do think that in general, but really I'm just bringing some life to the boards here. The action figure story is true though. Although the watching Star Wars 10 times is an estimate and could be more or less. How's your day going?

Well, I'm optimistic. Bring on the bull... ;)

(Heaven knows I deal with enough of it.)

A few years ago, I found a Barbie I really would have wanted as a kid. She was chubby and had blue hair and black clothes. She looked a lot more like me than the pencil thin blondes one thinks of as being Barbies. So I bought her. I noticed they started making Barbies a lot more diverse as well... interesting.

My husband didn't drive for most of our marriage. His choice. I didn't mind picking him up from work, but he'd say "be there at 7:00" and he wouldn't get off until 7:50. I asked him politely not to call until he was actually off work. It continued. I asked him quite rudely not to call until he was actually off. It continued. So I started charging him a quarter a minute to sit in the parking lot and wait for him. I amassed a good bit of money quickly... what to do with it? I started buying the unique Barbies I was finding.

And some of them would be worth good money now, too, if I hadn't taken them out of the box(Some of the 2014 collection, which I have all of, are no longer available.) But what fun is that? There's over a hundred of them, all lined up around the house on shelves.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Well, I'm optimistic. Bring on the bull... ;)

(Heaven knows I deal with enough of it.)

A few years ago, I found a Barbie I really would have wanted as a kid. She was chubby and had blue hair and black clothes. She looked a lot more like me than the pencil thin blondes one thinks of as being Barbies. So I bought her. I noticed they started making Barbies a lot more diverse as well... interesting.

My husband didn't drive for most of our marriage. His choice. I didn't mind picking him up from work, but he'd say "be there at 7:00" and he wouldn't get off until 7:50. I asked him politely not to call until he was actually off work. It continued. I asked him quite rudely not to call until he was actually off. It continued. So I started charging him a quarter a minute to sit in the parking lot and wait for him. I amassed a good bit of money quickly... what to do with it? I started buying the unique Barbies I was finding.

And some of them would be worth good money now, too, if I hadn't taken them out of the box(Some of the 2014 collection, which I have all of, are no longer available.) But what fun is that? There's over a hundred of them, all lined up around the house on shelves.

Interesting story. It's so interesting and relevant, I made you an animal to be:

Cattle_tyrant_(Machetornis_rixosa)_on_Capybara.jpg

You can be the bird or the rodent. Or both.

So anyway....

My dad was the Big Daddy of the family. Conservative family. He loved the show I Love Lucy. I'm partial to the show too, to be honest. One year he bought a Lucy Barbie doll. He kept it in the package. However, he wished for a granddaughter and missed having a daughter that wasn't grown. So when his daughter, my sister, asked him what he wanted for Christmas one year, he said a Barbie horse. Personally though, I think he was just being frisky and trying to give her a hint about how he thought she should have kids, because he wanted a granddaughter. Well he got his Barbie horse and in this case, he opened it and kept it in a cookie tin. I don't think he truly played with it. But yeah. The whole thing was a little weird.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Interesting story. It's so interesting and relevant, I made you an animal to be:

View attachment 52214

You can be the bird or the rodent. Or both.

So anyway....

My dad was the Big Daddy of the family. Conservative family. He loved the show I Love Lucy. I'm partial to the show too, to be honest. One year he bought a Lucy Barbie doll. He kept it in the package. However, he wished for a granddaughter and missed having a daughter that wasn't grown. So when his daughter, my sister, asked him what he wanted for Christmas one year, he said a Barbie horse. Personally though, I think he was just being frisky and trying to give her a hint about how he thought she should have kids, because he wanted a granddaughter. Well he got his Barbie horse and in this case, he opened it and kept it in a cookie tin. I don't think he truly played with it. But yeah. The whole thing was a little weird.

I guess I'll be both!

I think a lot of adults are still drawn to toys... some are more open with it, others try to make it dignified, and some of us just don't care.