• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions about your religion?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Do you enjoy answering questions about your religion?

Or do you dislike doing so?

Why?

Personally I don't mind indeed I am usually happy to answer any questions and am glad when people are interested

Also: do you see being willing and able to answer questions as being a part of your faith? Yes or no? Please explain!

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I neither enjoy nor dislike answering questions about my religion.

That said, I don't mind doing so.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

Why?

Personally I don't mind indeed I am usually happy to answer any questions and am glad when people are interested

Also: do you see being willing and able to answer questions as being a part of your faith? Yes or no? Please explain!

I love answering questions, but my search has taken me through so many religions that my answers would be different month to month. I no longer have a religion but will answer questions about my views. It is important to know what you believe and who you are instead of being swayed by what you think you should be.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה

Frankly, it depends on the question, but in my case answering questions comes, as they say, with the territory.

Goldemar

A queer sort

Why?

Generally, yes. If only because my collection of beliefs is an unusual one and it in principle has the potential to give people a better sense of where I am coming from, which can aid discussion.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I enjoy it. As long as there are no mean intentions, it's fine with me.

Since my religion is about the great mysteries of existence I don't feel like I have to have all the answers. I certainly don't expect people to follow my religion. I would hope that everyone who needs, or enjoys ultimate questions should explore them on their own and come up with their own pov.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

Why?

I typically don't mind, as long as the intent behind it is genuine curiosity, and not malice or desire to convert/disprove.

Vee

Premium Member

Why?

I don' like or dislike answering questions about my religion. If people are curious I'm happy to answer whatever they want to know. If they're not interested, I don't push it.

Truth in love

Why?

Im happy to answer questions.

I dislike the 2 bit “I found a list of half truths prove me wrong” nonsense. But I think answering honest questions is good for me.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Depends on the question, and to some extent, why the topic has come up...

I once spent a joyful 20 or so minutes explaining my beliefs to a couple of JWs who showed up while we were working in the front yard...I don't think they got more than a word or two in edgewise...:D
You're good.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I must admit I don't really like it. If pressed, and the asker seems genuine, I might answer.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Why?

I don't really bother too much.

Like the song in little buddha , let the mystery be.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Depends on the question and intent behind it

This. If someone's intent is to play "Ah ha gotcha!" asking me to explain some point of theology or belief or practice I don't take kindly to it. And honestly there are a lot of people who do that because of the images of our gods and goddesses. People find them amusing and/or ridiculous. However, what they fail to understand is one simple statement: "A picture is worth a thousand words" meaning that the images tell stories of the gods' attributes and powers. That's what I usually say to explain why the images are as they are. Conversely I get people who are genuinely fascinated and walk away with a "Wow, I had no ide, thanks".