• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions About You

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you enjoy answering questions about yourself?

Or do you dislike doing so?

Why?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member

Why?
I enjoy answering questions about me

Not because of egotism

But because I often feel misunderstood and am unhappy about this

I think most people want to be understood, or at least don't want to be misunderstood

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Depends on the motive.

If someone's asking because they care or they're curious, ask away. I'm obnoxiously free with my information.

If someone's gathering information so they can manipulate, my normal chatterbox shushes to silence.

(And I can almost always tell the difference.)

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member

Why?
No. When responding to any question I prefer terse to nuanced, and I rarely have sufficient patience (or, in some cases, the insight) required to provide useful and nuanced answers to substantive personal questions.

I hate answering questions about myself, especially if I'm being put on the spot. Just always made me feel uncomfortable.

I prefer to share things on my own volition if I feel like it rather than being questioned.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I'm quite comfortable answering questions about myself. Doing so almost always makes me reflect, and striving to be honest helps me to be honest with myself, which is sometimes harder than it seems.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
If someone's asking because they care or they're curious, ask away. I'm obnoxiously free with my information.

If someone's gathering information so they can manipulate, my normal chatterbox shushes to silence.

This is me as well. And I've gotten good at judging intent of the asker pretty quick.

I'm mostly an open book in real life. Not as much online.

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm mostly an open book in real life. Not as much online.

Me too! I wouldn't say I hold much back online(except obvious things, like address or financial information), but I find that while people in the 'real world' tend to be very distant, people online can get meaner, so I am more cautious in who I approach and how I approach them.

amorphous_constellation

It sort of depends. A coworker asking them might be annoying, because we are supposed to be coincidental strangers. With a family member or friend, it might get annoying, because they might take advantage of their proximity to you, and use the questions to get something. Online it kind of seems like certain things you share aren't going to matter as much in a way, (though obviously some things are not smart to share online) because there is obviously some anonymity here, and so certain info can't be used unfairly against you

So then online, you can, I guess, share what of your story you wish, without having it be colored by the perceptions of those you physically know. I guess then, that two problems arise from this: a). it probably isn't going to really matter to anyone, and b). the medium of writing can be a hard medium of expression. But I would say that even if no one really cares, or can get a good grip on what I say about myself, due to writing being difficult, it can still seem to be a good cathartic exercise for me, at times.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Why?

It depends on the question, some things i am happy to talk about and do so with gusto.

Why? I have had a slighty odd life, (ain't we all). Often a bit of history adds spice to the answer. And i like to chat, thats important to

Other questions, no people not need to know some things, like for example... Stop it Christine...:rolleyes:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
It depends on the question, some things i am happy to talk about and do so with gusto.

Why? I have had a slighty odd life, (ain't we all). Often a bit of history adds spice to the answer. And i like to chat, thats important to

Other questions, no people not need to know some things, like for example... Stop it Christine...:rolleyes:
Come on, you know I won't tell anyone else...