• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions about islam

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I shall let you know when I go visit a mosque;),I think most people assume any terrorist act automatically makes the perpotrators Muslim,when I try to have conversations with people(usually christians) they get very hostile when I say Islam and Christianity has a good amount in common,most the times they resort to name calling. For me,its very hard to follow up with facts when I am being called names and being insulted endlessly.:( Sorry if that doesn't make sense:sorry1:

It does make sense. It will pass just have some patience, the good things in life are difficult to get, that's what makes them good.

If you ever need any help with this or you are asked something and you don't know the answer yet let me know about it and i will help you if i can, so too will the other Muslims on the forum.

All the best with your visit to the Mosque when you decide to go there.

71MCon24s

I read that lower garments aren't supposed to go past the ankles,does this apply to every garment such as pants?What do you do to avoid this from happening?Do socks count?Do I keep my socks below my ankle or can they go above?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I read that lower garments aren't supposed to go past the ankles,does this apply to every garment such as pants?What do you do to avoid this from happening?Do socks count?Do I keep my socks below my ankle or can they go above?

The 4 Madhhabs (schools of thought) have a different view from that of Wahabis regarding this hadith.

The meaning as given by the founder of Wahabism states that the torusers or any clothing on the lower body should not be longer than the ankles. Based on that hadith.

The other view, (which i read once) is that at the time of the Prophet those who were rich would have their clothing long so that i dragged on the ground, which was a sign of being wealthy. While those who were less wealthy wouldn't do that. So to make all equal, the Prophet forbade that ones lower garment should go below the ankle.

The commentary of this hadith that i read said that this doesn't apply since the length of clothing doesn't suggest that one is poor or wealthy. Rich people may wear shorts and poor people may wear trousers. But if at any county wearing long trousers is an indication of being wealthy then it is prohibited to wear anything that is longer than the ankles.

One example of this is how rich people nowadays when getting married have the brides dress dragging on the floor a metre or so longer than what it needs to be which is a show of being wealthy.

To read more on this issue please go to the following link:
Keeping Trousers above the Ankles: Obligatory? - Dress & Adornment - counsels - OnIslam.net

F0uad

Mashallah (Y) I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! AND I REALLY MEAN THAT!

This can sound very crazy but converting to islam in my eyes is the most beautiful think Allah(swt) can give you...

Think about it you went from the left way to the right way its just indescribable in my opinion (Emotional me) hahaha.

Asalaam alaykoem.

I heard a great example or analogy and I would like to share with you...

Imagine if somebody gave you $240 a day for 10 years if your life... After 10 years they said that they would like to continue to give you $240 every day however it would like $10 back. So you still keep $230 and you get back $10...

And to this you say NO!
You tell that person that you need that money for work, school, sports, or whatever else...

Similar is the case with prayer. EVERY DAY Allah gives us 24 hours and only asks for one hour back in return... And we have the arrogance to say no!

The beautiful thing about prayer too, brother is that it helps us disconnect from this material world and focus on the bigger thing in life 5 times a day... That way we don't fall in love with dunya and become overly attached.

I hope this helps and I pray that Allah eases your task...

Pink Top Hat

The 4 Madhhabs (schools of thought) have a different view from that of Wahabis regarding this hadith.

The meaning as given by the founder of Wahabism states that the torusers or any clothing on the lower body should not be longer than the ankles. Based on that hadith.

The other view, (which i read once) is that at the time of the Prophet those who were rich would have their clothing long so that i dragged on the ground, which was a sign of being wealthy. While those who were less wealthy wouldn't do that. So to make all equal, the Prophet forbade that ones lower garment should go below the ankle.

The commentary of this hadith that i read said that this doesn't apply since the length of clothing doesn't suggest that one is poor or wealthy. Rich people may wear shorts and poor people may wear trousers. But if at any county wearing long trousers is an indication of being wealthy then it is prohibited to wear anything that is longer than the ankles.

One example of this is how rich people nowadays when getting married have the brides dress dragging on the floor a metre or so longer than what it needs to be which is a show of being wealthy.

To read more on this issue please go to the following link:
Keeping Trousers above the Ankles: Obligatory? - Dress & Adornment - counsels - OnIslam.net

All the women of the Gulf wear long galabeya that drags on the ground. The women who wear niqab all drag their clothing on the ground. Many Muslim women wear clothing that drags on the ground so how is that explained?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
All the women of the Gulf wear long galabeya that drags on the ground. The women who wear niqab all drag their clothing on the ground. Many Muslim women wear clothing that drags on the ground so how is that explained?

The hadith doesn't apply to women, only to men. Women can wear long clothes, wear gold, make up, etc which men don't/shouldn't do.

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
Am I the only Muslim who finds it extremely annoying that many Muslims stress over issues like uncovering ankles, minimum beard length, and whether meat is machine cut or hand slaughtered. And these issues always prevail in showing irrational thought and lack of common sense understanding by the strongest adherents. The true essence of Islam seems to be lost in the majority of Muslims who seem to have cut out the heart and are now merely mimicking what a Muslim should look like.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Am I the only Muslim who finds it extremely annoying that many Muslims stress over issues like uncovering ankles, minimum beard length, and whether meat is machine cut or hand slaughtered. And these issues always prevail in showing irrational thought and lack of common sense understanding by the strongest adherents. The true essence of Islam seems to be lost in the majority of Muslims who seem to have cut out the heart and are now merely mimicking what a Muslim should look like.

Yeah, you are the only rational Muslim, and hence your name, Rational Mind. Congratulations!

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
Yeah, you are the only rational Muslim, and hence your name, Rational Mind. Congratulations!

If this is serious then it is time people accept the fulfillment of times when the Messiah has come.

“(At that time) people rolling in riches shall be many; but
those well-versed in the Law of Islam, few and far
between. The sermon-grinders in the mosques shall be
cunning and crafty, and the reciters of the Qur’an shall be
deceitful dissemblers. They shall turn their faces away
from Religion and expound on matters temporal. They
shall devour the world as the fire consumes fuel. But,
remember that Hell shall be the abode of these people, for
into that torturous place the cruel and the unjust have ever
been cast.” (Kanz-al-Ummal, vol. 5, p. 217)

- People rolling in riches: printed wealth, oil wealth, interest wealth, etc.
- Most Muslims know how to read the Quran with translation, very few actually understand it.
- Most Muslims are arguing on temporal matters like ankles, lipstick, and nail polish.
- A large portion are either directly burning up the world with hate or inciting hate.

There are very few good Muslims left. This is the period of Islams revival. May Allah (swt) have Mercy on the Muslims of the World who have fallen under the example of this Hadith. May Allah (swt) guide them back to the truth. Inshallah.

F0uad

Well me and the community i was brought up in belief that garments/pants shouldn't go below the ankles.