• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions about islam

71MCon24s

Im looking for a religion to call "mine" i was wondering if its bad for me to not pray 5 times a day but believe heavily in the quran?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
thanks for your question.

If you do or if you would believe in the qur'an then that is more of a reason to pray 5 times a day, since Allah states in the qur'an to pray. here are some verses and some hadith regarding prayer:

"Indeed, I am Allah . There is no deity except Me, so worship Me and establish prayer for My remembrance." [20:14]

"Perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat) from mid-day till the darkness of the night (i.e. the Zuhr, 'Asr, Maghrib, and 'Isha' prayers), and recite the Quran in the early dawn (i.e. the morning prayer). Verily, the recitation of the Quran in the early dawn is ever witnessed (attended by the angels in charge of mankind of the day and the night)." [17:78]

"And be steadfast in prayer and regular in charity: And whatever good ye send forth for your souls before you, ye shall find it with Allah: for Allah sees Well all that ye do." [2:110]

Narrated Abu Huraira: I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "If there was a river at the door of anyone of you and he took a bath in it five times a day would you notice any dirt on him?" They said, "Not a trace of dirt would be left." The Prophet added, "That is the example of the five prayers with which Allah blots out (annuls) evil deeds."
(Sahih Al Bukhari Volume 1, Book 10, Hadith # 506)

Narrated Abu Hurairah (RAA) Rasualullah (SAW) said, "Martyrs are those who die because of drowning, plague, an abdominal disease, or of being buried alive by a falling building." And then he added, "If the people knew the Reward for the Zuhr prayer in its early time, they would race for it. If they knew the reward for the 'Isha' and the Fajr prayers in congregation, they would join them even if they had to crawl. If they knew the reward for the first row, they would draw lots for it."
(Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 1, Book 11, Hadith # 688)

Rasulullah (SAW) said,"The first matter that the slave will be brought to account for on the Day of Judgment is the prayer. If it is sound, then the rest of his deeds will be sound. And if it is bad, then the rest of his deeds will be bad."
[Recorded by al-Tabarani. According to al-Albani, it is sahih. Al-Albani, Sahih al-Jami, vol.1, p. 503.]

Rasulullah (saw) said "Allah has obligated five prayers. Whoever excellently performs their ablutions, prays them in their proper times, completes their bows, prostrations and khushu` [Khushu` in the prayer is where the person’s heart is attuned to the prayer.] has a promise from Allah that He will forgive him. And whoever does not do that has no promise from Allah. He may either forgive him or punish him."
[Recorded by Malik, Ahmad, Abu Dawud, al-Nasa’I and others. According to al-Albani, it is sahih. Al-Albani, Sahih al-Jami, vol. 1, p. 616.]

i hope that information is helpful.

71MCon24s

thanks for your question.

If you do or if you would believe in the qur'an then that is more of a reason to pray 5 times a day, since Allah states in the qur'an to pray. here are some verses and some hadith regarding prayer:

"Indeed, I am Allah . There is no deity except Me, so worship Me and establish prayer for My remembrance." [20:14]

"Perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat) from mid-day till the darkness of the night (i.e. the Zuhr, 'Asr, Maghrib, and 'Isha' prayers), and recite the Quran in the early dawn (i.e. the morning prayer). Verily, the recitation of the Quran in the early dawn is ever witnessed (attended by the angels in charge of mankind of the day and the night)." [17:78]

"And be steadfast in prayer and regular in charity: And whatever good ye send forth for your souls before you, ye shall find it with Allah: for Allah sees Well all that ye do." [2:110]

Narrated Abu Huraira: I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "If there was a river at the door of anyone of you and he took a bath in it five times a day would you notice any dirt on him?" They said, "Not a trace of dirt would be left." The Prophet added, "That is the example of the five prayers with which Allah blots out (annuls) evil deeds."
(Sahih Al Bukhari Volume 1, Book 10, Hadith # 506)

Narrated Abu Hurairah (RAA) Rasualullah (SAW) said, "Martyrs are those who die because of drowning, plague, an abdominal disease, or of being buried alive by a falling building." And then he added, "If the people knew the Reward for the Zuhr prayer in its early time, they would race for it. If they knew the reward for the 'Isha' and the Fajr prayers in congregation, they would join them even if they had to crawl. If they knew the reward for the first row, they would draw lots for it."
(Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 1, Book 11, Hadith # 688)

Rasulullah (SAW) said,"The first matter that the slave will be brought to account for on the Day of Judgment is the prayer. If it is sound, then the rest of his deeds will be sound. And if it is bad, then the rest of his deeds will be bad."
[Recorded by al-Tabarani. According to al-Albani, it is sahih. Al-Albani, Sahih al-Jami, vol.1, p. 503.]

Rasulullah (saw) said "Allah has obligated five prayers. Whoever excellently performs their ablutions, prays them in their proper times, completes their bows, prostrations and khushu` [Khushu` in the prayer is where the person’s heart is attuned to the prayer.] has a promise from Allah that He will forgive him. And whoever does not do that has no promise from Allah. He may either forgive him or punish him."
[Recorded by Malik, Ahmad, Abu Dawud, al-Nasa’I and others. According to al-Albani, it is sahih. Al-Albani, Sahih al-Jami, vol. 1, p. 616.]

i hope that information is helpful.
It is very helpful,but i will be unable to pray 5 times,at the designated times,i would only be able to do prayers 3 times per day:confused: would this make me a non muslim?even if i participate in ramadan and such?:confused: It says if i dont fulfill my obligated five prayers,he may or may not forgive me,what does this mean?im sorry for being clueless,just a little worried.:faint:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
It is very helpful,but i will be unable to pray 5 times,at the designated times,i would only be able to do prayers 3 times per day:confused: would this make me a non muslim?even if i participate in ramadan and such?:confused: It says if i dont fulfill my obligated five prayers,he may or may not forgive me,what does this mean?im sorry for being clueless,just a little worried.:faint:

if you don't mind me asking, what is preventing you from finding time to pray?

i will try to answer your last question tomorrow, insha Allah (god willing). i need some more time to try and see if i can find a commentary on it.

Sakeenah

71Mcon first of all I ask Allah to guide you and fill your heart with imaan(faith) the brother may God reward him mentioned the importance of prayer.So I just have one small thing to add..when we pray..ofcourse we pray because it's obligatory but at the same time we realize we need the prayer..God doesn't need our prayer..if the entire muslim world would stop praying it wouldn't take anything from His Greatness..but by praying we come closer to Our Rabb(Creator)it's as if we are talking to our lord..asking Him for His Mercy and thanking Him for every blessing..we humble ourselves..and we are closest to Him when are in sudjud(prostration)..I didn't used to pray in the past but now that I do pray..I feel the difference..the sakeenah(tranquility)
So I would suggest when you pray try to concentrate,take the most out of your prayer..and you will
see that God willing it will give you energy,tranquility and your faith(imaan) will increase

interesting article:

I Have Divided...
Imaam Ibn al-Qayyim al-Jawziyyah rahimahullaah

1. The Hadeeth Qudsee [Reported by Muslim, Maalik, at-Tirmidhee, Abu Daawood, an-Nasaaee and Ibn Maajah]: I have divided the prayer between Myself and My servant
Abu Hurairah (ra) said: I have heard the Prophet (sas) say:
"Allah (the Mighty and Sublime) has said: I have divided prayer between Myself and My servant into two halves, and My servant shall have what he has asked for. When the servant says:
All praise belongs to Allaah the Rabb of all the Worlds.
Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says: My servant has praised Me.
And when he says:
The Most Gracious the Most Merciful
Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says: My servant has extolled Me, and when he says:
Master of the Day of Judgement
Allah says: My servant has glorified Me -and on one occasion He said: My servant has submitted to My power.
And when he says:
You alone do we worship and from You alone do we seek help
He says: This is between Me and My servant, and My servant shall have what he has asked for.
And when he says:
Guide us to the Straight Path, the Path of those whom you have favoured, not of those upon whom is your anger, nor of those who are astray
He says: This is for My servant, and My servant shall have what he has asked for
And when he says: All praise is due to Allaah the Rabb of all the Worlds, he pauses for a short while waiting for the response of his Lord: "My servant has praised Me." Then when he says: The Most Gracious the Most Merciful, he waits for the response: "My servant has extolled Me" and when he says: Master of the Day of Judgement, he waits for the response: "My servant has glorified Me."
It is the delight of his heart, the pleasure of his eye and the joy of his soul that his Lord says about him: "My servant" three times. By Allaah! If the fumes of desire and the darkness of the souls were not upon the hearts, they would have flown out of happiness and joy that their Lord, Maker and Deity says: "My servant has praised Me, My servant has extolled Me and My servant has glorified Me."
Then there would have been space in his heart to witness (the reality) of these three names which are the basis of all the Beautiful Names and these are: Allaah, ar-Rabb and ar-Rahmaan...
...When he says: Master of the Day of Judgement, he witnesses the glory which be fits none but the King, the Truth, the Manifest. So he witnesses a very powerful and compelling King, to Whom the whole creation has yielded, to Whom the faces are humbled, to Whom the creation humbles itself, and to Whom every possessor of power and honour submits to. He witnesses with his heart a King (Who is) upon the Throne of the Heaven...
...And when he says: You alone do we worship and from You alone do we seek help, in which lies the secret of the creation and the affair, of the world and the hereafter, and which contains the loftiest of goals and the most excellent of means (of approach to Allaah). The loftiest of goals is enslavement to Allaah and the most excellent of means is His help and assistance. There is no deity deserving of worship in truth except He and there is no helper in His worship besides Him. Therefore, His worship is the greatest of goals and His aid is loftiest of means...
...And these words contain the two types of Tawheed and they are Tawheed ur-Ruboobiyyah and Tawheed ul-Uloohiyyah. Devotion and Enslavement to Allaah is comprised in the names ar-Rabb and Allaah, so he is worshipped on account of His Uloohiyyah, help is sought from Him on account of His Ruboobiyyah and He guides to the Straight Path on account of His Mercy. The first part of the surah therefore, mentions His names Allaah, ar-Rabb and ar-Rahmaan for the purpose of the one who seeks His worship, help and guidance. He is alone in being able to bestow all of that. There is no one who can aid others in His worship besides Allaah and none can guide (to the Straight Path) except Him.
Then the caller realises with the speech of Allaah: Guide us to the Straight Path, his extreme need for this (guidance). He is never in need of any other thing as much as he is for this guidance. He is need of it in every moment and at every glance of the eye...
...Then Allaah makes it clear that the people of this Guidance are those who have been specified with His favour, not of those upon whom is His anger, and they are the ones who know the Truth but do not follow it and not of those who are astray, and they are those who worship Allaah without knowledge. Both of these groups share with each other in speaking about His creation, His command and His Names and Attributes without knowledge. The path of those upon whom is His favour and blessing is different from the people of falsehood with respect to knowledge and action.
When he finishes from this praise, supplication and tawheed he has been ordered to end it with "aameen", which is a seal to (to his supplication) and to which the aameen of the angels in sky coincides with. This aameen is from the beautification of the prayer, just like the raising of the hands is a beautification of the prayer, a following of the sunnah, veneration of the command of Allaah, worship by the hands and a sign of the movement from one pillar (of the prayer) to another. [Taken from [As-Salaat wa Hukmu Taarikihaa], p. 171-172]

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
if you find it difficult to pray at work, then you can pray the missed prayers at home. in the end it's better to pray 3 prayers on time than to leave them altogether.

as for the other question:
"It says if i dont fulfill my obligated five prayers,he may or may not forgive me,what does this mean?im sorry for being clueless,just a little worried."

i will do my best to try and explain this in as much detail as possible.
prayer, is something that is between you and Allah, if you do not pray, then that is a sin against yourself. in islam a sin that doesn't involve anyone else other than yourself, is something that is in the hands of Allah to forgive you for or to punish you for. the same thing applies to Fasting the month of Ramadan. however, a sin that involves someone else, such as punching someone, is a sin that the victim, in this case, can forgive you. if you are forgiven by the victim for punching them, then Allah will not hold you accountable for it, the same applies if the victim doesn't forgive you but want's revenge by punching you back. however, if the victim doesn't forgive you and he doesn't wan't revenge in this life and leaves the matter to Allah for the Day of Judgement, you will be held accountable by Allah because you wronged someone for no reason.

so now we come back to prayer, which if you leave it, is a sin for you that only Allah has the power to forgive or punish you for.

i hope my answer is helpful, and i hope Allah makes it easy for you if you do choose to become a muslim. all the best.

71MCon24s

What Holidays are there in Islam? Can a muslim still celebrate christmas? Your post was very helpful for me,Thanks for taking the time to respond.
What does the Qur'an say about studying other religions texts?Is it considered a sin?

Last edited:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
if by holidays you mean taking a break to celebrate some special occasion then there are only 2 such holidays, that of Eid al Fitr and that of Hajj (pilgrimage to Mecca, also known as Eid al Adha.)

The first holiday is right after the month of Ramadan. we fast a whole month and then the first day of the new month is a celebration. the month of Ramadan is also a month of celebration for pretty much all muslims but we do not take the month off.

to read more about the month of Ramadan and what it's all about go to the following link:
Ramadan: Lessons for All Time - Growing in Faith - Reading Islam - OnIslam.net

the second holiday is that of Hajj (pilgrimage) (also knows as Eid al Adha, you can read more in the link:
Significance of Eid al-Adha - Aspects of Worship - counsels - OnIslam.net

Muslims do not celebrate christmas as it is a christians thing, where what they believe about Jesus peace be upon him, contradicts what muslim believe about him. so to celebrate what christians celebrate would be like joining them in their belief of who Jesus peace be upon him was. in islam he is a prophet of God like all others, having come to life through a miracle birth of having no father, but a wonderful mother, the best mother of all time actually. to read more about why muslims do not celebrate christmas go to the link below:
I Don

there is no sin in studying/reading other religious texts. many scholars have studied these text to gain better understanding of the other faiths that exist, a few scholars of our time who have studied the texts of other religions are Zakir Naik, Ahmed Dedat, Khalid Yasin, etc etc. the list goes on since it is not a sin.

Allah knows best.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
we also have many other single days of celebration, such as the day of Ashura, this is the day that God saved Moses and his people from Pharaoh. we have the islamic new year, and many other days, like the night of Qadr (the night of pre-destination) in the month of Ramadan, Fridays also are a day of celebration, muslims around the world tend to have this day off if they can due to the congregational prayer know as the Jumah Prayer (the Friday prayer). if we can't have the whole day off, then only a portion of it so as to make the prayer.

71MCon24s

we also have many other single days of celebration, such as the day of Ashura, this is the day that God saved Moses and his people from Pharaoh. we have the islamic new year, and many other days, like the night of Qadr (the night of pre-destination) in the month of Ramadan, Fridays also are a day of celebration, muslims around the world tend to have this day off if they can due to the congregational prayer know as the Jumah Prayer (the Friday prayer). if we can't have the whole day off, then only a portion of it so as to make the prayer.
My apologies for taking so long to reply:sorry1: I have finally converted,I have been working on keeping away from pork completely along with alcohol(any good replacements for pork?) I have been reading the Quran online,but am looking to buy a paper copy,what is a good version for a newcomer to read?What other texts should I look into purchasing?Anything that would help me with understanding and getting to know Sunni Islam completely?

Peace Be Upon You.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
My apologies for taking so long to reply:sorry1: I have finally converted,I have been working on keeping away from pork completely along with alcohol(any good replacements for pork?) I have been reading the Quran online,but am looking to buy a paper copy,what is a good version for a newcomer to read?What other texts should I look into purchasing?Anything that would help me with understanding and getting to know Sunni Islam completely?

Peace Be Upon You.

Masha Allah that's wonderful, welcome to Islam.

No worries about the late reply. How is everything working out, how long has it been since you became a Muslim?

I've never had pork myself, but from your experiences how does it compare to beef and lamb? my guess would be that they are a good substitute, or even goat meat.

I personally tend to use the Sahih International translation, but you can check out the following link it has about 6 translations, see which one you like best.

The first chapter of the Qur'an

There are some websites who send out free hard copy Qur'ans to new Muslims in the US and Canada, i can find those links and you could ask them to send you a copy.

As for books, I would first recommend you buy the biography of the Prophet, the most detailed book i have come across so far is The Sealed Nectar, second i would suggest you look up anything that interests you about Islam on the following 2 websites and in time as your knowledge of Islam increases you can buy books that are relevant to a particular issue that you wish to know more about. It will be of great help to you to begin studying about Islam from the following 2 websites who teach Sunni Islam:
http://www.onislam.net/english/
Muftisays.com

I did the same thing before I ever bought any books other than the life of the Prophet peace be upon him.
When you wish to buy books you can do so from the website below, who only sell Sunni Islamic books of all topics:
Dar-us-Salam Publications - Islamic Books, CDs/DVDs, Gifts and More

I hope that information is helpful insha Allah. Let me know if you need help with anything else.

loverOfTruth

Peace Be Upon You.

All praise is due to Allah and congratulations on accepting Islam as the True way of life. I am not sure where you live but if you PM me your city/zip code (if you are in the US), I can find muslim resources/centers around you. Usually most mosques will have a new muslim orientation program/classes and they would give out a free package including a copy of the Qur'an and other essential books. I will be more than happy to provide you with any help you may need in this regard. Please feel free to PM me.

Also, if you don't mind and/or if it is not too personal, if you could share your story about your journey to Islam in brief, that might be a great learning experience for many.

Finally, I would like to add one more thing to the questions you had at the beginning for future reference. I agree with everything eSelam mentioned regarding prayer. However, for anyone who is in a similar position where they are sure about the Truth of Islam but not sure if they can practice the rites/rituals of Islam - please note that the only Unforgivable sin in Islam is denying Allah(God) and/or associating partners with Allah(God). So that(belief in Allah and consequentially Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) as the messenger of Allah) is the most essential part to avoid eternal damnation. For everything else, you can ask for forgiveness or at least do your time in Hell and then get back to Heaven. Having said that, the rites/rituals might seem overwhelming for someone who is not used to that way of life, but they will come by slowly and eventually. On that note, remember, you are taking a huge stride towards God, and He will help you do all that is right and make things easy for you (God willing). You just have to keep asking for that.

As stated in the Holy Qur'an :
"When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way." (Al Qur'an 2:186)

Also, Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) said that God said: "He who draws close to Me(God) a hand's span, I(God) will draw close to him an arm's length. And whoever draws near Me(God) an arm's length, I(God) will draw near him a fathom's length. And whoever comes to Me(God) walking, I(God) will go to him running."

Peace.

71MCon24s

Masha Allah that's wonderful, welcome to Islam.

No worries about the late reply. How is everything working out, how long has it been since you became a Muslim?
I've never had pork myself, but from your experiences how does it compare to beef and lamb? my guess would be that they are a good substitute, or even goat meat.

I personally tend to use the Sahih International translation, but you can check out the following link it has about 6 translations, see which one you like best.

There are some websites who send out free hard copy Qur'ans to new Muslims in the US and Canada, i can find those links and you could ask them to send you a copy.

As for books, I would first recommend you buy the biography of the Prophet, the most detailed book i have come across so far is second i would suggest you look up anything that interests you about Islam on the following 2 websites and in time as your knowledge of Islam increases you can buy books that are relevant to a particular issue that you wish to know more about. It will be of great help to you to begin studying about Islam from the following 2 websites who teach Sunni Islam

I did the same thing before I ever bought any books other than the life of the Prophet peace be upon him.
When you wish to buy books you can do so from the website below, who only sell Sunni Islamic books of all topics:

I hope that information is helpful insha Allah. Let me know if you need help with anything else.
It has been 3 weeks since i have converted. Its going Great!:eek: Pork in my opinion isn't a very good quality of meat,very very greasy,pretty stringy depending on the cut,I haven't eaten lamb(yet) But beef is my favorite meat,I will look into Goat and Lamb meat though:eek:.Would you mind finding a few of those links?If not,I don't mind purchasing a copy. Thank you for all of your help,it means so much!

Peace Be Upon You.:)

71MCon24s

All praise is due to Allah and congratulations on accepting Islam as the True way of life. I am not sure where you live but if you PM me your city/zip code (if you are in the US), I can find muslim resources/centers around you. Usually most mosques will have a new muslim orientation program/classes and they would give out a free package including a copy of the Qur'an and other essential books. I will be more than happy to provide you with any help you may need in this regard. Please feel free to PM me.

Also, if you don't mind and/or if it is not too personal, if you could share your story about your journey to Islam in brief, that might be a great learning experience for many.

Finally, I would like to add one more thing to the questions you had at the beginning for future reference. I agree with everything eSelam mentioned regarding prayer. However, for anyone who is in a similar position where they are sure about the Truth of Islam but not sure if they can practice the rites/rituals of Islam - please note that the only Unforgivable sin in Islam is denying Allah(God) and/or associating partners with Allah(God). So that(belief in Allah and consequentially Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) as the messenger of Allah) is the most essential part to avoid eternal damnation. For everything else, you can ask for forgiveness or at least do your time in Hell and then get back to Heaven. Having said that, the rites/rituals might seem overwhelming for someone who is not used to that way of life, but they will come by slowly and eventually. On that note, remember, you are taking a huge stride towards God, and He will help you do all that is right and make things easy for you (God willing). You just have to keep asking for that.

As stated in the Holy Qur'an :
"When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way." (Al Qur'an 2:186)

Also, Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) said that God said: "He who draws close to Me(God) a hand's span, I(God) will draw close to him an arm's length. And whoever draws near Me(God) an arm's length, I(God) will draw near him a fathom's length. And whoever comes to Me(God) walking, I(God) will go to him running."

Peace.
I'd rather not share my story,I am truly sorry:sorry1:,I believe I know where a few mosques are around me,But I will pm you to find a few more.It may take sometime to go and visit one,because I have been noticing I get singled out for being Muslim:sad:

loverOfTruth

I'd rather not share my story,I am truly sorry:sorry1:,I believe I know where a few mosques are around me,But I will pm you to find a few more.It may take sometime to go and visit one,because I have been noticing I get singled out for being Muslim:sad:

Salaam, and it is perfectly alright if you don't feel like sharing your story, no worries.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
It has been 3 weeks since i have converted. Its going Great!:eek: Pork in my opinion isn't a very good quality of meat,very very greasy,pretty stringy depending on the cut,I haven't eaten lamb(yet) But beef is my favorite meat,I will look into Goat and Lamb meat though:eek:.Would you mind finding a few of those links?If not,I don't mind purchasing a copy. Thank you for all of your help,it means so much!

Peace be upon you too.

Sorry to hear that you are facing problems, but cheer up, it's a life changing decision, if you don't go through some difficulty now you won't see the beauty of it later. A large number of Muslims go through it, even I did and I was born into a Muslim family, a Muslim community and all my relatives and friends were/are Muslims.

You have said to LoverOfTruth that you don't want to share your conversion story, but if you don't mind telling us about your problems we might be able to help you, you can PM either of us. It is very important to go to the mosque in these first few months, or even for a year, it is very beneficial to you to be around other Muslims at this stage.

If pork is greasy, then i can tell you that lamb is such too but to a small extent and tastes quite nice, it's quite different to beef, I'd say lamb is the best substitute.

The free Qur'an links:
Allah's Quran - Order a Free Quran!
Free Material - Islamic Information Center at University of Waterloo

I also found this US Islamic website that helps new Muslims with the difficulties that they face and answer questions for you, I noticed that they don't hold lectures in Colorado, but they have an Online Program that does the same thing as the live lectures. You can register with them for free.
NEW MUSLIM SUPPORT SERVICES - GainPeace - To educate the general public about Islam

If you need help with anything else let me or the other Muslims know and we'd be more than happy to help.

Salamu Alaykum

71MCon24s

Peace be upon you too.

Sorry to hear that you are facing problems, but cheer up, it's a life changing decision, if you don't go through some difficulty now you won't see the beauty of it later. A large number of Muslims go through it, even I did and I was born into a Muslim family, a Muslim community and all my relatives and friends were/are Muslims.

You have said to LoverOfTruth that you don't want to share your conversion story, but if you don't mind telling us about your problems we might be able to help you, you can PM either of us. It is very important to go to the mosque in these first few months, or even for a year, it is very beneficial to you to be around other Muslims at this stage.

If pork is greasy, then i can tell you that lamb is such too but to a small extent and tastes quite nice, it's quite different to beef, I'd say lamb is the best substitute.

The free Qur'an links:

I also found this US Islamic website that helps new Muslims with the difficulties that they face and answer questions for you, I noticed that they don't hold lectures in Colorado, but they have an Online Program that does the same thing as the live lectures. You can register with them for free.

If you need help with anything else let me or the other Muslims know and we'd be more than happy to help.

Salamu Alaykum
I ordered a Qur'an from the first link!I Can't wait till it arrives!!!:islam: I plan on going to a Mosque very soon,When I tell people i practice Islam,they usually call me things such as terrorist and make me feel bad about it,Its very uncomfortable out in public,especially when wearing a shemagh( I don't wear one all the time). I think that me being caucasian may have people confused when i call myself Muslim as well.
Lamb should be a great alternative,Im definately going to purchase some.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I ordered a Qur'an from the first link!I Can't wait till it arrives!!!:islam:

I hope it arrives soon insha Allah (God willing)

I plan on going to a Mosque very soon,When I tell people i practice Islam,they usually call me things such as terrorist and make me feel bad about it,Its very uncomfortable out in public,especially when wearing a shemagh( I don't wear one all the time). I think that me being caucasian may have people confused when i call myself Muslim as well.

This is exactly why it is very beneficial to go to a mosque and ask the brothers there to help you. If you make some friends there, they can teach you a lot, even how to defend yourselves against such false accusations. It's important to let a Muslim know about your situation so that they can help you against such things.

Don't take it too personally, maybe they just don't know how to react and so they attack you. No one knows at first how to react to something new that comes up.

Where i grew up, it was only by name that everyone was a Muslim, they never cared about praying or not drinking alcohol. They used to do and still do all the opposite of what Islam teaches. So when i started practicing and implementing on my daily life the things that i used to learn and read about, it became difficult, in time though everything improved.

Lamb should be a great alternative,Im definately going to purchase some.

I hope you like it.

Let me know how you go at the mosque once you visit one.

71MCon24s

I hope it arrives soon insha Allah (God willing)

This is exactly why it is very beneficial to go to a mosque and ask the brothers there to help you. If you make some friends there, they can teach you a lot, even how to defend yourselves against such false accusations. It's important to let a Muslim know about your situation so that they can help you against such things.

Don't take it too personally, maybe they just don't know how to react and so they attack you. No one knows at first how to react to something new that comes up.

Where i grew up, it was only by name that everyone was a Muslim, they never cared about praying or not drinking alcohol. They used to do and still do all the opposite of what Islam teaches. So when i started practicing and implementing on my daily life the things that i used to learn and read about, it became difficult, in time though everything improved.

I hope you like it.

Let me know how you go at the mosque once you visit one.
I shall let you know when I go visit a mosque;),I think most people assume any terrorist act automatically makes the perpotrators Muslim,when I try to have conversations with people(usually christians) they get very hostile when I say Islam and Christianity has a good amount in common,most the times they resort to name calling. For me,its very hard to follow up with facts when I am being called names and being insulted endlessly.:( Sorry if that doesn't make sense:sorry1: