• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questioning God's Morality

sooda

Veteran Member
The land will go back to the people - someday.

That sounds a lot like what Communist Leaders have been saying. I guess they were just trying to emulate god's plan.

Humans live 60-90 years. I don't think too many world leaders are really afraid of what god is going to do. Especially since god was going to do it "any day now" and nothing has happened. Nothing.

That's quite a change from 4000 years ago when he horrifically drowned almost every animal, man, woman, child, and fetus.

God doesn't seem to take much interest in the crimes of nations.. although Jerry Falwell seemd to think God punish NOLA.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
God is the average of all the people worshiping him. So, if all of the followers of God are Stone Age jerks, then God becomes a deity what burns cities to the ground.

wellwisher

One way to address God's morality, is by using a paraphrased parable.

One day a student asked an old recluse teacher, if he could be his student. The teacher looked at him and declined, because he thought he was to young and needed more life experience. But the student persisted, so the teacher agreed to give him a trial.

The teacher told the student to follow him. He also told him not to say anything, but remain quiet, watch and learn.

As they walked along a trail, they came to a clearing and could see a young man burying a little box. The young man did not see them. When he was done, the old teacher climbed down the hill, dug up the hole, and took the little box. The student was besides him. He always thought the old teacher was someone special, but it turned out he was nothing but a thief.

The teacher could see the young student's face and knew his thoughts. He asked the student what troubled him? He said, " We both saw that young man bury that box. It was not yours, yet you took it like a common thief."

The teacher looked at the student and pointed down the hill. He said, "do you see those two men walking toward the hole? They are thieves. They also saw the young man bury the box. I know that young man. He is a student of mine, so I took the box to protect it from the thieves. I will return it later."

The moral of the story is sometimes things are not what they appear. One should not judge too quickly, without understanding the context.

ecco

Veteran Member
One should not judge too quickly, without understanding the context.
I'm sure there are paraphrased parables explaining why slavery is not condemned by God.

ecco

Veteran Member
The moral of the story is sometimes things are not what they appear. One should not judge too quickly, without understanding the context.
One day a student asked an old recluse teacher, if he could be his student. The teacher looked at him and declined, because he thought he was to young and needed more life experience. But the student persisted, so the teacher agreed to give him a trial.

The teacher told the student to follow him. He also told him not to say anything, but remain quiet, watch and learn.

As they walked along a trail, they came to a clearing and could see a young man burying a little box. The young man did not see them. When he was done, the old teacher climbed down the hill, dug up the hole, and took the little box. The student was besides him. He always thought the old teacher was someone special, but it turned out he was nothing but a thief.

The teacher could see the young student's face and knew his thoughts. He asked the student what troubled him? He said, " We both saw that young man bury that box. It was not yours, yet you took it like a common thief."

The teacher looked at the student and cast a steely glare.

Later the young man who buried the box confronted the old man: Why did you steal my box? The old man replied: Some thieves were going to steal your box, so I took the box to protect it from the thieves. "What men?" asked the man who buried the box and the youth in training. "There was no one else around."

The old man replied: "You'll just have to have faith and believe me. If you do, I will someday return your box and its contents 100 fold."

The moral of the story is ...

Bob the Unbeliever

The moral of the story is ...

Notebook: If you insert a dollar? The sign changes to:

For High Quality Gullibility Testing, insert $5.

gullibility test.jpg