• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Doors I just want to make it clear that I hold absolutely nothing against you.

I tend to think of us actually being in the same boat just at different ends of it. I mean we are close in age and obviously like minded in the fact that we enjoy pursuing knowledge.

Just remember though if I seem testy its probably because I am, and I do always enjoy a rough debate. I don't seek to get personal unless there is dishonesty involved and I can already tell you have a hard time being dishonest with yourself so it makes it harder to be dishonest with similar fated people.

Xeper

Oh I know haha. It's the same here. The issue has passed, amd while things got heated they remain past. We're good.

Orias

Left Hand Path
So now that we got that out of the way I think its time for a new approach to the OP. This might actually sound kind of like the first thing I said.

The LHP certainly does do one thing, it caresses potential. It seeks advancement. But, it is not always weary of the powers that feed the very arteries that allow it to live and breath.

This can create chaos, very easily. As members of the LHP are often more intuitive, question asking. Rule breakers almost, while at the same time they are open to sensing which is often observed in contrast to intuition. This type of "balance" can be considered more ideal among most people simply because it makes it easier to correlate understanding.

The benefits of "understanding" should be obvious, as much as the cons should also be obvious. The very existence and concept of the LHP is almost soul selling to some, and even to the lenient they often lack any drive or mental capacity to care to understand. Which is why there is so few.

The LHP can do great things, it is also capable of doing terrible things. In essence, the LHP is becoming the new RHP, the opposite is becoming more desirable. Even if the feeling is not necessarily desire, one can still be curious enough to ask questions.

Though if members are not always aware of the very threat they can be, then they can slip away from the very reason they sought the path in the first place. Even then, one could simply have ulterior motives, though from my experience most members of the LHP that I have interacted with have been honest. That is those people that have matured into it, and are not starting off as some rebellious kid.

jasonwill2

etc as in a fundy Christian DIR.

I'm preparing for some other LHPers to rip my face off, that happens when you stand out against dogma. My ideas contradict the generally set values of the LHP. They know how I feel and why I rarely come into the DIR anymore.

....wtf man.

See, the LHP in many case has the same issues. The subjective being seens as objective, like the arrogance and superiority. Not to mention the settling. You pick a lable and grow around that, for your own reasons of course. It's just all ridiculous and tiring. You are no different than a fundy Christian Orias, except for your symbolism.

You go through labels so fast it sometimes makes me wonder if your looking for an identity. However no offense meant by this, but it sounds like projection anytime you call someone arrogant.

Yeah I kinda feel you on that. I dont vibe much with the subdir. Ha me and mr awe in therefore midst of developing a new satanic religion. Then we can post in the satanism dir southpark satan told me to do it

That would be a very bad idea unless it was actually Satanic, making a parody of Satanism wouldn't go over well.

I think the LHP is more about hugging for a reason rather than doing it freely.

Same as is harming things for a reason as opposed to hurting people without reason.

Orias

Left Hand Path
That would be a very bad idea unless it was actually Satanic, making a parody of Satanism wouldn't go over well.

I think it would just bring Satan closer to the world.

I'm sure you've seen me reference smiling to a chimp.

Premium Member
Well Jason, perhaps if you tested out other identities you would evolve past saying your religion is violence, having your signature show how many bibles you've disrespectfully burnt, and this need for everyone to know you are bi-polar. But that's all personal. I don't need to explain myself to someone who apparently won't understand, but I've believed the same thing since I was 16.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Lol jason…i can't make a new satanism. And you wonder why you get called a fundi. Relax man. Ill be totaly ceral manbearpig style

Orias

Left Hand Path
Let me go over a few personal things here...

1. Fundamentals are a standard, everyone has their own fundamentals.
2. You can't just try out a new identity like a pair pants, you are who you are.

So, with that being said. We don't wonder why we are "fundies" we wonder why its so damn important to you. On that note, there is no "getting past" what we believe as a source for our own identity, because its something we've always identified with.

If your going to constantly cycle through labels as if they insufficiently describe what you're looking for then you are searching for an identity. Which if you take offense to then it may seem a little more evident.

We're not the ones struggling to keep a consistent identity with what we believe and expound upon. We also rarely struggle to understand a person that thinks their POV is unique, because we all have our own story, and we've all been there.

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path
But after all, that is why we are all here.

Its not that we are completely "searching for identity", rather adding onto what we already have.

Its like having a base in wrestling or striking, before learning something else.

The gear we pack is simply designed for us. It can be useful to others at times depending on what page they are on. But it must always be remembered, if you don't like being told what you are, then don't tell others what you're not.

It reminds me of doing battlegrounds on World of Warcraft, the goal of the game is to infiltrate the enemy base and steal their flag and return it to your base. In this process you must also prevent our flag from being taken or captured.

The mistake most people make is fighting in "mid" or the middle of the field. When you do this you just run into their smaller and smarter party designed to distract you while their bigger group flanks around and steals the flag.

I mean its a game and most people just want to kill, though you are all capable of applying this metaphorically. :D

This can kind of describe what is going on here.

Premium Member
It's not identity as much as PoV. I've had the same, evolving identity for my whole life. Nor do I take offense to the fact that you can't wrap your head around me, it's actually flattering. But the best way to learn is to argue from other points and doubt everything. Just because I change my lable to say Gnosticism and start arguing for it does not make me insecure and without identity, more likely it makes me intellectually evolved. The first thing I ever said here was not to assume you know what I believe because I argure from many points of view.

The ironic thing is you guys call yourself adversaries yet plant your feet, so to speak. Then you deny the reality of it, then you try and turn it around to avoid looking in the mirror. I have no issue with it. People can believe anything they want, I just focus on truth over comfort. So, for example, when someone is arguing for god, I don't care they believe, I'm just going to show them it's unlikely.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Nor do I take offense to the fact that you can't wrap your head around me, it's actually flattering.

This is one of the problems here.

The first thing I ever said here was not to assume you know what I believe because I argure from many points of view.

Its not about what you believe but what you say.

The ironic thing is you guys call yourself adversaries yet plant your feet, so to speak.

Makes for a stronger connection. You just have to pay attention more when we are moving around you :D

So, for example, when someone is arguing for god, I don't care they believe, I'm just going to show them it's unlikely.

This is another problem, you say you don't care.

But you do. Otherwise you simply wouldn't be here.

Iti oj

Premium Member
i would disagree with point 2. you can absolutely try on different you's how ever can you ever be the same again is a different story.

Iti oj

Premium Member
Its you the whole time, becoming something. If its different or something else, its still just you.
back then it was just pretend you now its you. you are you but now you =/ then you and you def became something different

Status
Not open for further replies.