• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
does not the things in the beliefs ultimate lead to the destruction in any way of our species?

If you're talking about LHP beliefs then no... They're simply the destruction of mindless servitude, merit-less value, spineless fears, guilt paradigms, and world-views that can only be described as psychosis.

I find great irony that the free world is basically beholden to an imaginary friend that seems no realer to me than Santa Claus whom seems to at least in one's youth to be a similar creature. If you do what this Jehovah figure demands than you will go to heaven, but if you don't you will get kicked off some ledge and end up in the hell pit (no presents for you baddie!) . Unfortunately, what this 'god' character wants always seems to sound a freaking hell of a lot like whatever the person talking about him wants just like the bs that parents tell children so they will cooperate with them about Santa.

Kori Houghton

Restricted
Beliefs cannot destroy a species. Unreasoned actions based on beliefs alone can result in harm to individuals, unfortunately. The type of belief does not matter.

Orias

Left Hand Path
I wouldn't necessarily say development of human potential, rather development of the stronger willed.

Its potential is possibly more expansive than that of the other more recognized philosophies, but then again it could turn out to be a total failure and completely annihilate everything.

Thats why its up to the individual to almost be a "team leader" if you will, in order to maintain a more elite status. Its pretty extreme considering most individuals, since it directs a sincere and heartfelt person. Not to say that other religions don't as well, but its different, in a way that essentially recognizes threat level. Which is why it can be fairly destructive simply because it takes a disciplined mind to understand any faults that occur on their behalf.

Xeper

jasonwill2

does not the things in the beliefs ultimate lead to the destruction in any way of our species?

Of all the places to ask this, you ask this in the Left Hand DIR...

just trying to obtain understanding.

I'm sure you are, which is why you asked this in the most humanistic, pragmatic, skeptical, and man-centered DIR on the entire forums, as is most of the Left Hand Path religions in general.

If you're talking about LHP beliefs then no... They're simply the destruction of mindless servitude, merit-less value, spineless fears, guilt paradigms, and world-views that can only be described as psychosis.

I find great irony that the free world is basically beholden to an imaginary friend that seems no realer to me than Santa Claus whom seems to at least in one's youth to be a similar creature. If you do what this Jehovah figure demands than you will go to heaven, but if you don't you will get kicked off some ledge and end up in the hell pit (no presents for you baddie!) . Unfortunately, what this 'god' character wants always seems to sound a freaking hell of a lot like whatever the person talking about him wants just like the bs that parents tell children so they will cooperate with them about Santa.

I agree, there is nothing here that fits the mainstream view of religion... it is all neigh to apply Right Hand Path ideas to this area... this is not a place of white-light religions.

Look at the LHP as more of a human potential movement.

I would say that the the LHP is much like this, but with an individualistic approach. Though there are always the ethical implications of the LHP, or lack there-of.

Its potential is possibly more expansive than that of the other more recognized philosophies, but then again it could turn out to be a total failure and completely annihilate everything.

Depending on how it is interpreted and applied, yes. However society does need some structures of which the LHP lack. If anything was applied to mankind from the LHP en masse it would probably be a synthesis of the LHP and a humanistic RHP. Society running from a purely LHP view is pure anarchy, and isn't possible since most people can't handle the bare truth of mankind and wouldn't be able to control themselves without some form of forced restriction.

Order versus freedom... not everyone has the sense to be responsible with their freedom. So to stop absolute and utter chaos and violence some freedom must be sacrificed for the sake of stopping everyone from murdering each other, raping and pillaging the neighborhood, blowing up people they don't like, or being psychotic drivers. Imagine how terrible the roads would be without traffic laws!

jasonwill2

Actually I think this might be more relevant than the other things I said. You speak of things that can destroy mankind, but that is not belief in itself, but rather those beliefs that are obviously false and undermine freedom of ourselves and others:

The Satanic Bible

(Anton LaVey (1969)

The Book of Satan, II 11-15

11. Let established sophisms be dethroned, rooted out, burnt and destroyed, for they are a standing menace to all true nobility of thought and action!

12. Whatever alleged "truth" is proven by results to be but an empty fiction, let it be unceremoniously flung into the outer darkness, among the dead gods, dead empires, dead philosophies, and other useless lumber and wreckage!

13. The most dangerous of all enthroned lies is the holy, the sanctified, the privileged lie - the lie everyone believes to be a model truth. It is the fruitful mother of all other popular errors and delusions.
It is a hydra-headed tree of unreason with a thousand roots. It is a social cancer!

14. The lie that is known to be a lie is half eradicated, but the lie that even intelligent persons accept as fact - the lie that has been inculcated in a little child at its mother's knee - is more dangerous to contend against than a creeping pestilence!

15. Popular lies have ever been the most potent enemies of personal liberty. There is only one way to deal with them: Cut them out, to the very core, just as cancers. Exterminate them root and branch. Annihilate them, or they will us!

Orias

Left Hand Path
Depending on how it is interpreted and applied, yes. However society does need some structures of which the LHP lack. If anything was applied to mankind from the LHP en masse it would probably be a synthesis of the LHP and a humanistic RHP. Society running from a purely LHP view is pure anarchy, and isn't possible since most people can't handle the bare truth of mankind and wouldn't be able to control themselves without some form of forced restriction.

Order versus freedom... not everyone has the sense to be responsible with their freedom. So to stop absolute and utter chaos and violence some freedom must be sacrificed for the sake of stopping everyone from murdering each other, raping and pillaging the neighborhood, blowing up people they don't like, or being psychotic drivers. Imagine how terrible the roads would be without traffic laws!

I'm not worried about it trying to be applied to the masses, but what a single individual is capable of doing to the masses with this certain knowledge.

Even when applied to the self, it can still be dangerous and it almost is a liability considering all of the unknown factors involved. We could have souls, we could be bound to a greater or lesser of two evils, and we could just all be absolutely fricken crazy.

Which is why it is up to the individual to enforce discipline and to tolerate and study the opposite side. Then again discipline is different than how law is followed but not necessarily how its imposed. I'd imagine the roads would be ok without most traffic laws, considering most people realize the potential dangers of driving. Of course the more stupid people get killed off in accidents or other events, so nature can do a swell job at keeping sense pretty common.

Its those that are trying new things that are facing the potentially more dangerous aspects of life and the unknown.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Well it is a complicated situation. In theory the LHP is about betterment of our species, which is pretty much as close to destruction and hitting bottom as it can go. The philosophies are based around individuality, evolution, freedom, etc. The problems we face mainly arise from heirarchy, power, control, enslavement, demonization, and so forth. The problem is that, in general, the LHP is as dogmatic, silly, and unevolved as we view the RHP. It dogmatically enforces individuality, it enslaves you to its freedom, stuff like that. Look through this DIR and you will find equally disturbing content, dogmatic thought, primitive concepts, reason abandoning philosophies, etc as in a fundy Christian DIR.

I'm preparing for some other LHPers to rip my face off, that happens when you stand out against dogma. My ideas contradict the generally set values of the LHP. They know how I feel and why I rarely come into the DIR anymore.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Well it is a complicated situation. In theory the LHP is about betterment of our species, which is pretty much as close to destruction and hitting bottom as it can go. The philosophies are based around individuality, evolution, freedom, etc. The problems we face mainly arise from heirarchy, power, control, enslavement, demonization, and so forth. The problem is that, in general, the LHP is as dogmatic, silly, and unevolved as we view the RHP. It dogmatically enforces individuality, it enslaves you to its freedom, stuff like that. Look through this DIR and you will find equally disturbing content, dogmatic thought, primitive concepts, reason abandoning philosophies, etc as in a fundy Christian DIR.

I'm preparing for some other LHPers to rip my face off, that happens when you stand out against dogma. My ideas contradict the generally set values of the LHP. They know how I feel and why I rarely come into the DIR anymore.

Doors I'd truly like to know what ideas of yours contradict the general values of the LHP, and on top of that I'd like to know why you think our awareness of your inexperienced tone makes us knowing the reason for your absence here in the DIR.

Just because you have one or two people challenge your ideas doesn't mean we are not accepting of them or anything, just testing. If it fails it obviously needs some work to do, which requires change and practice. The easy way out of the LHP is to simply become a veggie, once a member always a member.

Premium Member
I'm not the one who contradicts it. It's not hard to find the coughed up Satanic Bible quotes, the theistic beliefs, the comfort over truth ideas on this DIR. I couldn't care less about people challanging my ideas, that's how you learn. But when I want blind faith, holy text quote flung at me, rejection of known science... I can get that plenty of other places.

Last edited by a moderator:

Premium Member
Ha, inexperienced tone. You'd think I was having a discussion with a Christian and their childish little jabs. We have huge LHP organizations with religious text, highly quoted as mentioned. Orias, you yourself denied the truth of bi-polar disorder, known factual science! What's next, evolution is a hoax as well? And what experience? The dogma of the adversary? LHP is a self assigned title I once took for complete individuality. Even that defeates the purpose, but that's besides the point. There is no inexperience on an individual path that can be recognized by people on a forum you only discuss one general topic with. What a joke.

Orias

Left Hand Path
I'm not the one who contradicts it. It's not hard to find the coughed up Satanic Bible quotes, the theistic beliefs, the comfort over truth ideas on this DIR. I couldn't care less about people challanging my ideas, that's how you learn. But when I want blind faith, holy text quote flung at me, rejection of kbown science... I can get that plenty of other places.

Just remember, when you stand face to face with the opposition your left side is his right.

When you stand face to face with yourself, you will know which way to turn. And when you look at the universe you will see neither left nor right, nor forward nor backward. You will just see...stillness that you move in.

Which is why its important to remember that its not the direction that we are going that makes us Left Hand Path, but why we are going there. If you don't know why, then maybe you're a brother to the LHP.

On another note, if you turn left for 3/4 of a circle you have just constituted a right turn. Just because you capable of fitting in with the RHP does not make you not LHP, just way more LHP than RHP.

Think about it ;)

Orias

Left Hand Path
Ha, inexperienced tone. You'd think I was having a discussion with a Christian and their childish little jabs.

I am well aware of who I am speaking too, and how much more experience I have than them.

A wise person judges his meal off how filling it is, and not its taste.

We have huge LHP organizations with religious text, highly quoted as mentioned.

Where?

Orias, you yourself denied the truth of bi-polar disorder, known factual science! What's next, evolution is a hoax as well?

I didn't deny the truth of bi-polar disorder, I denied its basis for excusing one of their competence.

Premium Member
I am well aware of who I am speaking too, and how much more experience I have than them.

A wise person judges his meal off how filling it is, and not its taste.

You own, subjective experience Orias. We know nothing about each other besides what is related to religion / LHP. Now, that may be all you are but there is much more to me than this. You have no idea who I am, my personality, my likes and dislikes, my hobbies, who I spend my time with, what kind of student I am, what kind of worker I am... You don't know me nearly well enough to make that judgement. But then again, I get such things from other religious fanatics...

We have CoS, ToS, Order of the Phosphorus, many many more that I couldn't care less about looking up.

I didn't deny the truth of bi-polar disorder, I denied its basis for excusing one of their competence.
You specifically said
Bipolar is a nonexistent disease just like ADHD or schizophrenia.

But, again, same as you find in all other DIRs. Believe what you want, what makes you comfortable, hold it against others who disagree, build up your arrogance based on your own subjective correctness, inform everyone else how wrong and inexperienced they are. Well I'm tired of it. Bless you my child... Oh wait wrong DIR ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.