• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question XNA

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
I am following a research from 2 young scientists , Philip Holliger and Robert Pinheiro of MRC.

I have questions after reading this

So let's say XNA works , that we can produce life without DNA and RNA , could that be crucial on explaining our orign of life?

If that works , again if , it would open new questions , how will that life form evolve and mutate.And i see again the problem with the time gap argument.
Could this potential life form explain ours?
I understand that's testable , but risky also.

"Although the genetic information is still stored in the four canonical base pairs (unlike other nucleic acid analogues), natural DNA polymerases cannot read and duplicate this information. Thus the genetic information stored in XNA is "invisible" and therefore useless to natural DNA-based organisms."

I noticed this and i am still stuck with the fact "There is no life without DNA and RNA"

If someone knows something more i really want to hear different opinions and answers.
I want to explore different perspectives.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη