• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question to theists regarding creation

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
It doesn't appear to be the same, since the thing created is always inferior to its creator.
Children are created by their parents. Children are not inferior to their parents.

God created the building blocks in matter that explains the existence of all other things. It also explains why God had to inject something into that matter, which of its own accord, it cannot produce...."life".
God raised some matter to a higher vibration than other matter.

I do not believe that God is a material Being, but as a pure dynamic and unlimited energy source, I believe that this, coupled with unmatched intelligence is what led to to become the Creator.
God is the love-dynamic. Everything is light energy -- just higher or lower frequencies.

Bible tells God is spirit. I think it is different essence than matter and exists in different level.
Spirit is a different frequency than matter.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Children are created by their parents. Children are not inferior to their parents.

Parents did not "create" their children. They used created processes to produce their children.
And children are inferior to their parents in many ways until they reach a point in life where they consider themselves equal.
Jesus never claimed equality with God....no created being could.

God raised some matter to a higher vibration than other matter.

God is the love-dynamic. Everything is light energy -- just higher or lower frequencies.

Spirit is a different frequency than matter.

Interesting....where will I find that in the instruction manual? :shrug: Or did you make that up?

sojourner

Parents did not "create" their children.
Depends on what you mean by "create." I say they create children -- in all the ways that matter.

children are inferior to their parents in many ways until they reach a point in life where they consider themselves equal.
I disagree. Children are equal to their parents -- in all the ways that matter.
Interesting....where will I find that in the instruction manual?
What "instruction book?" There is no Chilton's Manual for life.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Depends on what you mean by "create." I say they create children -- in all the ways that matter.

To "create" means to make something of your own design or with your own hands......we did not provide either the design or the process to 'create' children....that belongs to God. We can't take credit for that.

I disagree. Children are equal to their parents -- in all the ways that matter.

How old do children need to be to be "equal" to their parents in all the ways that matter"?

Isn't the reason why we need to "parent" our children to keep them from harm whilst they learn their life lessons and grow to maturity? At what point does God stop teaching his children? At what point will we ever know what he knows so that he will have nothing left to instruct us?

What "instruction book?" There is no Chilton's Manual for life.
Its called the Bible....surely you've heard of it....? :oops:

I do not know where else you glean your information from, but your own musings do not replace scripture, no matter how impressive you believe them to be...."light energy"? "frequencies"? LOL you say that with such authority.....:D Who told you that? Can I have a reference please.....

sojourner

To "create" means to make something of your own design or with your own hands......we did not provide either the design or the process to 'create' children....that belongs to God. We can't take credit for that.
We own our DNA. It takes the DNA of both parents. DNA is the design for life. I’d say we create.

How old do children need to be to be "equal" to their parents in all the ways that matter"?
They don’t. Every human being is a living soul. Every human being is made of God-stuff. Every newborn baby is a fully human being. Just because we know more and are more physically developed doesn’t mean we’re superior.

Its called the Bible....
The Bible isn’t an instruction manual, and to suggest that it is, is to treat it with disrespect.

I do not know where else you glean your information from, but your own musings do not replace scripture
The Bible is not the be-all-end-all of either human experience or spiritual authority.

King Phenomenon

I’m undecided as to whether God is a creator God because I don’t know how God interacts with nature.

But I believe that the material of the universe is too crude to be called God.

Our essence is spiritual in my beliefs not physical so I would say that it is different to the universe which I consider to be entirely physical in nature.

Kind regards :)
At some point the universe becomes unable to grasp with your mind but it's still the same universe as the physical one we know.I don't see any barriers

King Phenomenon

For theists:
For those who believe that God or gods created this universe, my question is
Is the essence of the universe same or different from the essence of God?
Did God create a new essence with which the stuff of the universe was made?
And what about our essence? Is it the same as that of the universe or different from it?
I think the further you go out the funnier it becomes. Perhaps Jesus Helped God keep things in perspective on this end along with our solar system Idk

King Phenomenon

In my Advaita (non-dual=God and creation are not-two) philosophy it is all Brahman/God. The universe is a thought-form of God and not ultimately real (Maya=Illusion).
I believe I'm real on a real planet in a real solar system floating through a real universe but I do agree with you about God As ultimate reality. However I wouldn't Call it ultimate reality I would call it a different reality.

King Phenomenon

Or
I have often been intrigued by this word "essence" because I cannot find it mentioned anywhere in our scripture as Christians. So I looked it up and it means ....
"the intrinsic nature or indispensable quality of something, especially something abstract, which determines its character."....it is also described as..."an extract or concentrate obtained from a plant or other matter".

So I think you summed that up well. If the Creator is pure energy, in a form unknown to human experience, then that would explain why he has always existed (as energy has always existed) and why energy can create matter.

It doesn't appear to be the same, since the thing created is always inferior to its creator.

God created the building blocks in matter that explains the existence of all other things. It also explains why God had to inject something into that matter, which of its own accord, it cannot produce...."life".

Matter can be living or non living, but all made of the same molecules in different structures.
Living matter can reproduce by mechanisms that are basically automatic....no creature has to plan to be reproductive.....they are following a program installed by their Creator. Its in their DNA to perpetuate the life that God gave them.

I do not believe that God is a material Being, but as a pure dynamic and unlimited energy source, I believe that this, coupled with unmatched intelligence is what led to to become the Creator.
Or non energy who knows what god looks like

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
The Bible isn’t an instruction manual, and to suggest that it is, is to treat it with disrespect.
Romans 15:4...
"For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope." (ESV)

You don't seem to know your Bible very well for an ordained minister....:oops:

Those who don't look on it as an instruction manual are the ones who show disrespect IMO. These are more inclined to make up their own rules.

The Bible is not the be-all-end-all of either human experience or spiritual authority.

Again...why do you think God bothered to have it written and preserved down through many centuries, if it wasn't the "be-all-and-end-all" of his interactions with mankind, showing us what his expectations are of us, and our expectations of him? It explains the sum total of all we need to know from man's start to his finish in a world controlled by God's adversary......I believe that the finale' is not far away....don't you?

MonkeyFire

The world was only created if it were destroyed first. I believe the world has always existed, and always will. Liberty or bust.

MonkeyFire

Even in a nothing there would be time, and the only reason that is impossible because there is no such thing as nothing, but in reverse there is a NOTHING but its nature is bunk so it exist, and thus experiences time. But if the world is only here for a short time why do we have to die and not go to Heaven? Either way inertia is ruined unless you live and die forever unless you can out wit buddha.

chinu

chinu
For theists:
For those who believe that God or gods created this universe, my question is
Is the essence of the universe same or different from the essence of God?
Did God create a new essence with which the stuff of the universe was made?
And what about our essence? Is it the same as that of the universe or different from it?

Same essence :)

For example: Imagine a Mario video-game.
Mario, Luigi, Mushrooms, Game-platform, brick-walls etc everything is made of same essence.

But, still the player enjoys the video-game in multiple essence :)

Its like God himself designed the game for himself to play, and is playing :)

You are also God, everybody is God at the back :)

Last edited:

sojourner

Romans 15:4...
"For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope." (ESV)

You don't seem to know your Bible very well for an ordained minister.
thanks for the dig. I guess you didn't bother to read the context, and thereby failed to follow the instructions, instead falling victim to your admonishment below of "being inclined to make up [your own] rules." The context is to "please and build up your neighbor." All your post did here was serve to tear one down, all in order to "please yourself" that your vision is the "correct" one.

My point (had you intended to listen rather than to be a pedant) was that the bible isn't an instruction book for the science of life (which was what the OP was about). That's patently not what Romans has in mind when it talks about the texts being an "instruction."

Those who don't look on it as an instruction manual are the ones who show disrespect IMO. These are more inclined to make up their own rules.
See above.

Again...why do you think God bothered to have it written and preserved down through many centuries, if it wasn't the "be-all-and-end-all" of his interactions with mankind, showing us what his expectations are of us, and our expectations of him?
1) I don't think "God bothered to have it written." I think people "bothered to have it written."
2) People have preserved it.
3) The texts are multivalent, and that is why they have lasted -- not because they are "right" or infallible.
4) This is all the interpretations and theological musings of people, written down and codified from prior oral stories told around campfires. It is what it is.
5) The bible is one voice in the Apostles' Tradition, but not the only voice.
6) The bible is one voice in a whole milieu of spiritual teaching -- not the only teaching.

It explains the sum total of all we need to know from man's start to his finish in a world controlled by God's adversary......I believe that the finale' is not far away....don't you?
I don't believe God has an "adversary." I don't believe the world is "controlled" by any adversary. In fact, I find the world a reflection of God's beauty. I'm sorry you feel as though everything is dark, evil, and falling apart at the seams. I think the world is on the cusp of change, I think humanity is going through a growth change, and it's going to change the world. I'm not a millennialist or a dispensationist, so I don't believe in the whole rapture/tribulation nonsense.