• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question to the jehovah's witnesses.About repentance.

Frank Goad

How do you repent people.Who are into magic and psychic stuff?:)Just curious.

I think one way is Deuteronomy 18:9-14.:)

Last edited:

Eyes to See

In the Bible we are told that many Christians in the first century who came into the Christian congregation repented of their magical/spiritistic practices:

"Indeed, quite a number of those who practiced magical arts brought their books together and burned them up before everybody. And they calculated their value and found them worth 50,000 pieces of silver. Thus in a mighty way, the word of Jehovah kept growing and prevailing."-Acts 19:19, 20.

nPeace

Veteran Member

Yes. You are correct. That is one way. Removing and staying away from anything associated with spiritism, as @Eyes to See confirmed.
Of course more is involved. Jesus told persons, 'Come be my follower.' So, giving up what is in opposition to God is a start, but it's not an end goal. :)

Frank Goad

Yes. You are correct. That is one way. Removing and staying away from anything associated with spiritism, as @Eyes to See confirmed.
Of course more is involved. Jesus told persons, 'Come be my follower.' So, giving up what is in opposition to God is a start, but it's not an end goal. :)

Thanks for replying!:)

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I agree with the above posts….

Repentance involves change, giving up what is wrong in Jehovah’s eyes, stop doing it.

He’ll help us, too…. because some things are hard to give up, and His spirit will help. We just need to ask our Father Jehovah, through Jesus’ name of course. But we need to work hard, ourselves.

Take care.