• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question to the Jehovah's Witness about psychic stuff and Jesus.

Frank Goad

What if someone came up to you and said they were going to pray to Jesus over and over for an out of body experience or lucid dream?Until it works?What would you think of this person?How would you help them?The reason I am asking is because.I AM that kind of person!:(.Can you help me?:)

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
What if someone came up to you and said they were going to pray to Jesus over and over for an out of body experience or lucid dream?Until it works?What would you think of this person?How would you help them?The reason I am asking is because.I AM that kind of person!:(.Can you help me?:)
Read my reply on your other thread....

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I’m sorry, Frank. It just doesn’t work that way.

First off, Jesus said to pray to his Father. (John 14:1; Matthew 6:9-10)

If you want to draw closer to Jehovah God and His Son, Jesus, then read the Bible, the only Book that talks about them.

Then, do something beneficial for someone....both Jehovah & Jesus love it when we ‘do good to others.’ Galatians 6:9-10

Bree

I would let the bible answer

1JOhn 5:14 And this is the confidence* that we have toward him,+ that no matter what we ask according to his will, he hears us.+

now ask yourself, Is my lucid dream according to Gods Will?

Frank Goad

I would let the bible answer

1JOhn 5:14 And this is the confidence* that we have toward him,+ that no matter what we ask according to his will, he hears us.+

now ask yourself, Is my lucid dream according to Gods Will?

Yes.Because of 1 John 5:14.:)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Yes.Because of 1 John 5:14.:)
John 5:14 says this
14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

Where exactly does it say lucid dreaming? Does the teaching of Jesus say anything that he taught lucid dreaming?

Frank Goad

John 5:14 says this
14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

Where exactly does it say lucid dreaming? Does the teaching of Jesus say anything that he taught lucid dreaming?

I think back in the bible days people could go out of body through prayer.Like in 1 Corinthians 5:3-4.:)

It looks like this is a gift from Jesus.So the person could of prayed for it.:)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You got me on the lucid dreaming.

But I think back in the bible days people could go out of body through prayer.Like in 1 Corinthians 5:3-4.:)

It looks like this is a gift from Jesus.So the person could of prayed for it.:)
If the people around Jesus was able to do OBE, do you not think they had Jesus to teach them every tiny little detail they would need to understand the technique, or the danger of doing so? If OBE is even possible.
Do you not think they had years of experience and guidance to do it?

Do you have this guidance and experience of culivating what Jesus taught his followers personally?

Frank Goad

If the people around Jesus was able to do OBE, do you not think they had Jesus to teach them every tiny little detail they would need to understand the technique, or the danger of doing so? If OBE is even possible.
Do you not think they had years of experience and guidance to do it?

Do you have this guidance and experience of culivating what Jesus taught his followers personally?

That is why I am praying.:)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Yes I am.Do share.:)
Share? isn`t it you that are christian Frank? To know the teaching by heart you are the one who need to study the christian teaching :) What help is it if everyone tell you what to do? how would you benefit from letting others do the study for you :confused: