• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question to religious people of all faiths

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
This question is to you who follow a religion where a God ask of you to follow the teaching the God gave.
In my religions, one would be expected to question and be skeptical of such things. If a teaching promotes greed, hatred, or delusion, reject that teaching as leading to long term harm. If a teaching promotes an ending of greed, hatred, or delusion, then accept it as leading to long term good.

In your understanding is it enough to believe in the God, and you are saved.
Gods are subject to delusion, just like any sentient being.
Or do you have to follow every little aspect of the teaching, and guideline/rules that was put down, and better you self as a human being, to practice seriously every moment in you day., before God grant you access to what is known as paradise?
See above statement regarding greed, hatred, and delusion.

What does it take to realize Gods wisdom in your current understanding?
See above statement regarding greed, hatred, and delusion.

Clara Tea

This question is to you who follow a religion where a God ask of you to follow the teaching the God gave.

Or do you have to follow every little aspect of the teaching, and guideline/rules that was put down, and better you self as a human being, to practice seriously every moment in you day., before God grant you access to what is known as paradise?

Many Christians adhere to the idea that if they cast their bread upon the water, they will get more money back. So they give all their money to their preachers, as their preachers demand that they do, and they got soggy bread. Their preachers (Reverend Jimmy Swaggart, for example--regarding his arrest in Lancaster, California) might use all that money to rent prostitutes for wild sex orgies. Reverend Jim Bakker and Tammy Fay Bakker spent donations for starving Africans on a mansion (in their lawyer's name, but it was their residence), and spent to air condition their dog house.

So, while they cast their bread upon the waters (getting scammed out of money), they ignore the important lessons of the bible. Lessons like "thou shalt not kill" and support Reverend John Hagee's Christ for war projects.

When people follow humans (unsavory preachers) while defying God, God gets angry. This is why God will end all life on planet earth (beginning small for now, with COVID, according to Revelation 15 (7 plagues for warring with Iraq)).

Many of the woes of the world could have been averted if we had followed God as we were supposed to.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member

These are just a few examples of evidence from various world scriptures where true belief is both in word and in deed.

Zoroastrian Faith

Good thoughts, good words, good deeds

Christianity

As you can see, a man is justified by his deeds and not by faith alone.(James 2:24)

Bahá’í Faith

“These twin duties are inseparable. Neither is acceptable without the other.”Baha’u’llah (Twin duties are to believe and obey)

Buddhism (The Way)

281. Watching his speech, well restrained in mind, let a man never commit any wrong with his body! Let a man but keep these three roads of action clear, and he will achieve the way which is taught by the wise. (Dhammapada)

Bhagavad-Gita

Those who are free from anger and all material desires, who are selfrealized, self-disciplined and constantly endeavoring for perfection, are assured of liberation in the Supreme in the very near future. (5:26)

Clara Tea

These are just a few examples of evidence from various world scriptures where true belief is both in word and in deed.

Zoroastrian Faith

Good thoughts, good words, good deeds

Christianity

As you can see, a man is justified by his deeds and not by faith alone.(James 2:24)

Bahá’í Faith

“These twin duties are inseparable. Neither is acceptable without the other.”Baha’u’llah (Twin duties are to believe and obey)

Buddhism (The Way)

281. Watching his speech, well restrained in mind, let a man never commit any wrong with his body! Let a man but keep these three roads of action clear, and he will achieve the way which is taught by the wise. (Dhammapada)

Bhagavad-Gita

Those who are free from anger and all material desires, who are selfrealized, self-disciplined and constantly endeavoring for perfection, are assured of liberation in the Supreme in the very near future. (5:26)
So, one must believe and do good deeds to get into heaven. Once in heaven, I wonder if one could do bad deeds or cease believing (rather hard to disbelieve in God while sitting on God's foot)? Certainly Satan was in heaven for a while, so I suppose that others could be disfavored, as well. It seems hard to believe that an atheist could do good deeds and not be rewarded for them somehow.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
So, one must believe and do good deeds to get into heaven. Once in heaven, I wonder if one could do bad deeds or cease believing (rather hard to disbelieve in God while sitting on God's foot)? Certainly Satan was in heaven for a while, so I suppose that others could be disfavored, as well. It seems hard to believe that an atheist could do good deeds and not be rewarded for them somehow.

I don’t believe heaven is a place but a spiritual state that one can experience even in this world. And satan is just our ego not an actual person. My belief is that our spiritual health and powers in the next world, will depend a lot on the virtues we have acquired in this life.

I have been in a religion for 45 years, but I see so many atheists way, way more advanced than myself spiritually because they do so much for others and humanity and I do so little.

There's a saying which almost gives me nightmares. It goes like this.

The essence of faith is fewness of words and abundance of deeds; he whose words exceed his deeds, know verily his death is better than his life.” (Baha’u’llah)

That is an across the board statement both for the religious and atheist or non religious. So we cannot say that an atheist won’t reach a higher spiritual state than the religious.

My understanding is that a lot of very good atheists will be celebrated in the next world for their exemplary deeds, while we who are religious will be judged by the standards we claim to believe in, and it isn’t a slam dunk for any of us.

firedragon

Veteran Member

Lets say I believe that you have to follow every instruction given by God. What does that entail?

I think you have got that impression where following everything said by God is equivalent to a totalitarian demanding you brush your teeth twice a day, clip your nails and bury them as ritual, sit and pee, cut your hair in a particular manner only, etc etc etc.

What if someone believes that God has given guidelines to everything and the rest is unto your reasoning based on those guidelines? And this someone believes all of those guidelines must be followed. But that does not entail an extremely micro managed totalitarian dictatorship!

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Lets say I believe that you have to follow every instruction given by God. What does that entail?

I think you have got that impression where following everything said by God is equivalent to a totalitarian demanding you brush your teeth twice a day, clip your nails and bury them as ritual, sit and pee, cut your hair in a particular manner only, etc etc etc.

What if someone believes that God has given guidelines to everything and the rest is unto your reasoning based on those guidelines? And this someone believes all of those guidelines must be followed. But that does not entail an extremely micro managed totalitarian dictatorship!
Personally i dont follow, every tiny detail but i do my best to live according to Muhammed sunnah and of course teaching by Allah.
But i know i fail at something every day.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth

Salvation is not my end goal. What I seek is to strengthen my connection to God(s) and prove through thought and action that my God(s) mean something great to me, to continue finding purpose and inspiration in God(s) as often as my imperfections allow as I pursue my dreams, and in return to contribute to God’(s’) legacies in whatever way I will.

In my understanding, what it takes is an open mind and a passionate desire to understand human nature beyond what you wish to see. Humans are beautiful and humans are terrible. Every single one of them.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

Judaism doesn't talk about being saved. We obey God simply because he is God.

Because we are Jews, we have 613 commandments to follow, but no one needs to become a Jew. A person only needs to believe in God and follow the universal commandments -- these are pretty obvious, like don't murder, don't steal... In other words, be a decent person.

Hawkins

Christianity is all about a New Covenant between God and men being in place. Christians thus need to follow the requirements set forth in the Bible in order to make sure that they can fulfill such a covenant, to a certain extent, in order to pass the Final Judgment.