• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question to Protestants

booboo

Hi,

I have a question directed mainly to some Protestants, though not all. I am simply asking a question to know your opinion, and not really debating.

If you believe that Jesus Christ is the only Saviour and anyone who hears His voice and believes receive everlasting life, while anyone who hears and disbelieve will go to Hell, then as a lover of G-d's creatures, would I therefore better not evangelize the good news?

Because good people who never heard of him may still have a chance to go to Heaven, but if they heard of him and not believe, they will go to Hell. Since I know that not everyone I tell about Jesus Christ will believe in Jesus Christ and since I do not want them to go to Hell, I would rather not inform them of Jesus Christ. At least that way, they may have a chance to go to Heaven.

What are your opinions on that matter?

Thanks

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
In my opinion it is the duty of a christian to evangelize, bringing someone into the light is the most important thing you can ever do in this life.

All most everyone on this earth has or will hear the word of Christ in their lifetime, it maybe that when you evangelize to someone that they reject the truth, but later your testimony is the one that brings them to Christ.

Do not belittle your ministerial abilities, you may save more souls than you could believe, as the people whom you help come to Christ help more people, then they help people, and you would be the start of it.

Ronald

booboo said:
Hi,

I have a question directed mainly to some Protestants, though not all. I am simply asking a question to know your opinion, and not really debating.

If you believe that Jesus Christ is the only Saviour and anyone who hears His voice and believes receive everlasting life, while anyone who hears and disbelieve will go to Hell, then as a lover of G-d's creatures, would I therefore better not evangelize the good news?

Because good people who never heard of him may still have a chance to go to Heaven, but if they heard of him and not believe, they will go to Hell. Since I know that not everyone I tell about Jesus Christ will believe in Jesus Christ and since I do not want them to go to Hell, I would rather not inform them of Jesus Christ. At least that way, they may have a chance to go to Heaven.

What are your opinions on that matter?

Thanks
The concept of a heaven and hell are Greek concepts.
Every one who dies and is buried is in hell! Not an everburning hell, but the grave sheol/hell/grave/pit.
Jesus/Yeshua was born to a Jewish mother, so he is Jewish, when he spoke of hell he spoke of the grave(not a holding place of rotten souls)the place of burial. The world to come is His/Jesus' heaven/kingdom of God/olam habah.
The lake of fire is reserved for satan and his cohorts, not those who had an opportunity to believe in a savior.
Your first step is to learn from where your religion came from, it's roots, so to speak, if from the Jews, then learn a little of Judahism.

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
Wow I have never heard that interpretation on it Ronald. That's pretty good. I am not sure what I believe on this. As a Baptist, I was taught that belief in Jesus and "accepting him into your heart" as they say, is the only way to escape eternal damnation. This makes some sense because if we are all sinners, then we are all worthy of punishment, and I don't see how the devil is any worse a sinner than any other sinner, since rejecting God and breaking his commandments is all the same. Although I also attended a seventh-day Adventist church for a while, and there I was taught that you have no eternal soul unless you become a Christian, and if you don't God will ressurrect you at the last days and give you one more chance to believe in Jesus. Then if you still don't believe you will die a horrible death but that's all, then you just cease to exist. That also makes some sense because why would you have an immortal soul just to be tortured forever and ever? What kind of God would want that?
Right now I am not really sure what to believe. I just know that I don't want to be one of the ones who has to find out.
Regardless, I think everyone should hear the gospel, it can really change your life and heart. If a person hears it and doesn't believe it, maybe they just need time. If they reject it until the day they die, maybe they will still have one more chance, and maybe not. But if they never accept it, then they would never have been fit for heaven anyway, and I think that of course God already knows who is and who isn't.

In my opinion, no one without any faith could possibly be fit for heaven.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
The lake of fire is reserved for satan and his cohorts

The Scripture says otherwise.

"And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched'' (Mark 9:43-48).

cvipertooth

Since the bible says "know the truth and the truth will set you free" it is a christians duty to inform others of the good news.

As far as I understand, Christianity and rather most religions in general say that after hearing about God and not believing in him, a person will go to hell. But isn't that wrong on God's part if he exists. Couldn't the person who is accepting reason or any other means of judgment other than faith be making an honest mistake.
Religions mostly use the argument of hell or damnation to have a person accept their religion and morality. But isn't morality something to be understood, not accepted on the basis of fear or faith? As far as I know, only the government, criminals and terrorists use fear as a tool.

Scott1

thomasedison said:
As far as I understand, Christianity and rather most religions in general say that after hearing about God and not believing in him, a person will go to hell. But isn't that wrong on God's part if he exists. Couldn't the person who is accepting reason or any other means of judgment other than faith be making an honest mistake.
There is a difference between doubt and denial.

Above all, God is just and merciful. :)

Scott

Ronald

Todays Ministers would have you believe Jesus was a Greek and spoke Greek.
Yeshua/Jesus was Hebrew. Born of a Hebrew mother, that makes one Jewish/Hebrew.
Yeshua was at 12 yrs. old in the Temple questioning and answering the Preists, as he grew up, he grew in stature and in wisdom. He was a Sage of Israel. He spoke in the language of the Hebrew Preists. He was familar with PRDS, the 4 levels of interpretation in Judahism. For anyone to fully understand the Gospels, one needs to be familar with the Hebrew language and it's idioms.
On Hell, there are three terms used, grave, the Gehennom valley and the lake of fire.
Was Jesus speaking on the Simple/Pashat level or on the Remez/Hint or on the Dorosh/Illustrative story or Spiritual/Sod level?
What is the Tense, past/present/future?
What hell will you go to and when?
Whoever rejects all attempts of the Holy Spirit to bring you into fellowship with
Y-H-V-H, then when you die you go to the grave/hell, at resurrection you will be judged and found wanting, thrown into the lake of fire/hell for the second death/totally burned up, not tortured day and night forever and ever, this is for hasatan and his cohorts.
The other side of the coin those who are saved do not go to heaven, when they die they go to hell/grave. At resurrection they will be judged and rewarded for all of their works. The very Elect, pass judgement and go up in the first/better resurrection and live and reign with Messiah for 1000 years. FYI, this is not all of the Saved!
These are those who have believed and obeyed the Truth and are Chosen/Elected by God. One must read the description of those in the first resurrection, I for one fall rather short of the level of those described. How about you?

DianJo

The very Elect, pass judgement and go up in the first/better resurrection and live and reign with Messiah for 1000 years. FYI, this is not all of the Saved!
These are those who have believed and obeyed the Truth and are Chosen/Elected by God. One must read the description of those in the first resurrection, I for one fall rather short of the level of those described. How about you?[/QUOTE]

Oh my goodness! The Elect? The First/Better ressurection? Is there a second and a third? Where did you get this garbage?
There is one more "second coming" at the end of time and one judgement? Not multiples!

linwood

Although I also attended a seventh-day Adventist church for a while, and there I was taught that you have no eternal soul unless you become a Christian, and if you don't God will ressurrect you at the last days and give you one more chance to believe in Jesus.

Cool..does this mean us atheists have a "get out of hell free" card?

Because I`m pretty sure I could be a believer if I was brought back from death.

The Scripture says otherwise.

Mr.Emu, I think you`ve found a Biblical verse we can agree on.

:)

Ronald

[/QUOTE]
Oh my goodness! The Elect? The First/Better ressurection? Is there a second and a third? Where did you get this garbage?
There is one more "second coming" at the end of time and one judgement? Not multiples![/QUOTE]

You are speaking the unbiblical "rapture"!

Have you never read Rev. 20:1-15?

Load your brain, then shoot off your mouth!