• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question to jws about out of body passages in the bible.

Brian2

Veteran Member
I want to go out of body through praying to Jesus over and over because of this:

1 Corinthians 5:1-5.

And this:

2 Corinthians 12:1-5.

JWs do not believe we have a spirit.
In 1Cor 5:1-5 Paul wants the same attitude to be in the Corinthians that he has so that they mourn about what happened and are not puffed up, and do what he recommends.
In 2Cor 12:1-5 it does appear that someone could possibly have had an out of body experience but that is not known by Paul.
I think Paul would not have said it if it was not possible to be out of his body.

The following passage my apply to you and your prayer. Not all the passage, but you can choose which part may apply.
James 4:2 You crave what you do not have; you kill and covet, but are unable to obtain it. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask. 3And when you do ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may squander it on your pleasures.