• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question to heavy metal listeners

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Ya know, I feel confident about that with me but people still.get confused. Like the guy who asked me about Judas Priest, I feel he may need to get glasses, lol. But Metallica? Mercyful Fate? I cannot possibly get on more black and still look good (like I cannot pull off black lipstick). And then people ask me about Alice in Chains, STP and even Elton John and Billy Joel. And all I can think is common!
Guitar people are about the only ones who consistently see it, especially if Zeppelin or the Doors are mentioned. Everybody else, I don't know what they see but it's not what I see.

Some days I do the Goth thing, and then its not so unexpected. But I can't help but wonder what folks think when they hear Megadeth blaring from the van, and see me getting out wearing something like this:

33852-500x500.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Some days I do the Goth thing, and then its not so unexpected. But I can't help but wonder what folks think when they hear Megadeth blaring from the van, and see me getting out wearing something like this:

View attachment 67006
It's not even Goth. At this point I think it's more a highly refined metal look, because guitarists and other band types are those who see it.
I don't know what it is that others see. Except that one lady who somehow got Trump supporter (which is about as off as people asking me where stuff is in stores where the employees are wearing bright blue or orange aprons and generally blue jeans).:confused:

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
It's not even Goth. At this point I think it's more a highly refined metal look, because guitarists and other band types are those who see it.
I don't know what it is that others see. Except that one lady who somehow got Trump supporter (which is about as off as people asking me where stuff is in stores where the employees are wearing bright blue or orange aprons and generally blue jeans).:confused:

'highly refined metal look'.

I like that title, but I want to see some examples! :D

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
'highly refined metal look'.

I like that title, but I want to see some examples! :D
Nothing loud like Dave Mustain with a black camp shirt on (he's also a ginger), but with some black makeup and nail polish, lip and eyebrow pierced, and ears pierced. (Three in each lobe and industrial in my left ear). And often oversized/baggy clothing, because yes, just because from jeans alone I did grow accustomed to having more leg room than what many dresses have (I do miss the pocket space also) lmao.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Nothing loud like Dave Mustain with a black camp shirt on (he's also a ginger), but with some black makeup and nail polish, lip and eyebrow pierced, and ears pierced. (Three in each lobe and industrial in my left ear). And often oversized/baggy clothing, because yes, just because from jeans alone I did grow accustomed to having more leg room than what many dresses have (I do miss the pocket space also) lmao.

Sounds like a good style to me! :D

Viker

Häxan
When I tell people I listen to heavy metal music, they act as if I offended them and they act angry. My question is, what kind of reactions do you receive, when people learn you listen to heavy metal music?
I get mixed reactions. Some will act offended or jump right into harsh criticism of the genre. Some will concur or at least not get butt hurt and defensive.