• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question to Creationists: What's the Mechanism?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Nope. But I think it is reasonable that if there were a creation story which would show knowledge which was not available at the time of its writing, we would know about it. The believer would say: Look! My creation history describes exactly how things have been created according to modern science. Only God could have known that at that time.

Alas, such stories do not exist. They are just creation myths, aka made up stories, written with the knowledge available at the time, and a lot of imagination. Things like Brahma creating the earth from a Lotus, Allah creating water (heavy elements again) and commanding things into being (how could they obey while not being is a mystery :)), and other myths.

Ciao

- viole

So anything you have not heard doesnt exist?

nPeace

Veteran Member
As a creationist, YEC, OEC, ID proponent, guided evolution proponent, how do you imagine "creation" of species happens?
Is there a bearded man materializing from thin air and going to work on some clay?
(Isaiah 44:6) This is what Jehovah says, ...‘I am the first and I am the last. There is no God but me.

(Isaiah 45:6) In order that people may know From the rising of the sun to its setting That there is none besides me. I am Jehovah, and there is no one else.

(Isaiah 48:12) Listen to me, ...I am the same One. I am the first; I am also the last.

(Revelation 22:13) I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.

Think of a circle. Now think of the starting point of that circle. Can you point it out?
If we can then God poofed into existence. If we can't, then we understand the concept of no beginning and no end. God has neither.
Therefore God did not poof from anywhere. God always was, and always will be.

The circle has no beginning and no end.

Do new species poof into existence? What exactly are the steps from a world without a given species to a world with that species?
(Genesis 1:11-13) 11 Then God said: “Let the earth cause grass to sprout, seed-bearing plants and fruit trees according to their kinds, yielding fruit along with seed on the earth.” And it was so. 12 And the earth began to produce grass, seed-bearing plants and trees yielding fruit along with seed, according to their kinds. Then God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening and there was morning, a third day.

Let's take a seed, and plant it in Japan.
Now fly to America, and plant another seed.
Let's have the birds and the bees make some rounds.
What will we eventually see? Different species. Why?
The Bird and the Bees

The mechanisms for the varieties we see today, was set in place by our creator, at the Genesis.
*** it-1 pp. 164-165 Ark ***
The “kinds” of animals selected had reference to the clear-cut and unalterable boundaries or limits set by the Creator, within which boundaries creatures are capable of breeding “according to their kinds.” It has been estimated by some that the hundreds of thousands of species of animals today could be reduced to a comparatively few family “kinds”—the horse kind and the cow kind, to mention but two. The breeding boundaries according to “kind” established by Jehovah were not and could not be crossed. With this in mind some investigators have said that, had there been as few as 43 “kinds” of mammals, 74 “kinds” of birds, and 10 “kinds” of reptiles in the ark, they could have produced the variety of species known today. Others have been more liberal in estimating that 72 “kinds” of quadrupeds and less than 200 bird “kinds” were all that were required. That the great variety of animal life known today could have come from inbreeding within so few “kinds” following the Flood is proved by the endless variety of humankind—short, tall, fat, thin, with countless variations in the color of hair, eyes, and skin—all of whom sprang from the one family of Noah.

These estimates may seem too restrictive to some, especially since such sources as The Encyclopedia Americana indicate that there are upwards of 1,300,000 species of animals. (1977, Vol. 1, pp. 859-873) However, over 60 percent of these are insects. Breaking these figures down further, of the 24,000 amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals, 10,000 are birds, 9,000 are reptiles and amphibians, many of which could have survived outside the ark, and only 5,000 are mammals, including whales and porpoises, which would have also remained outside the ark. Other researchers estimate that there are only about 290 species of land mammals larger than sheep and about 1,360 smaller than rats. (The Deluge Story in Stone, by B. C. Nelson, 1949, p. 156; The Flood in the Light of the Bible, Geology, and Archaeology, by A. M. Rehwinkel, 1957, p. 69) So, even if estimates are based on these expanded figures, the ark could easily have accommodated a pair of all these animals.

Last edited:

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
But remember, religion has absolutely nothing to do with any of this!

tenor.gif

nPeace

Veteran Member
SImple, if we knew that some of those Scriptures show sign of advanced knowledge (more advanced than what was available at that time), we would know by now. In the same we would know immediately if we found advanced technology which several thousands years old. And it does not need much: some thing as simple as "the earth is round and rotates around the sun" would suffice.

Alas, we never heard of that. Ergo, no Scripture shows signs of being other than mythology. aka, human creations.

Ciao

- viole
350 BCE - Aristotle reated a theory on how the Earth was created and how the universe is laid out. He believed the Earth had always existed and was in an almost eternal state. The Earth, to his understanding, was unchanged and always provided a perfect circular motion for the revolving bodies. Aristotle argued for a spherical Earth.

1600 B.C.E - Job wrote... He [God] is stretching out the north over the empty place,
Hanging the earth upon nothing [in the vast heavens, with armies of heavenly bodies]. Job 26:7

Did you read that scripture before?

I read this on bbc.com... Long before anyone circumnavigated the globe or went into space, the ancient Greeks had figured out that the Earth is ball-shaped, rather than flat.
We have known that Earth is round for over 2000 years

However, did you know... over 400 years prior, a Bible writer said the earth was circular... round like a ball.
"There is One who dwells above the circle of the earth." Isaiah 40:22

I thought you knew of these before. Did anyone point these out to you before?

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
However, did you know... over 400 years prior, a Bible writer said the earth was circular... round like a ball.
"There is One who dwells above the circle of the earth." Isaiah 40:22
You don't know the difference between a circle and a ball? Hint: a plate is a circle, but is flat. A ball is round and not flat.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Nope. But I think it is reasonable that if there were a creation story which would show knowledge which was not available at the time of its writing, we would know about it. The believer would say: Look! My creation history describes exactly how things have been created according to modern science. Only God could have known that at that time.

Alas, such stories do not exist. They are just creation myths, aka made up stories, written with the knowledge available at the time, and a lot of imagination. Things like Brahma creating the earth from a Lotus, Allah creating water (heavy elements again) and commanding things into being (how could they obey while not being is a mystery :)), and other myths.

Ciao

- viole
It's important to consider viole, that God was not instructing his people about science or the mechanisms of his creation, so it's not expected that we would open the Bible, and read how DNA was put together, and it would work, but what we do read in the Bible, is truths, and there are truths that are becoming evident to investigators.
So when the Bible touches on things of a scientific nature - whether biology, or chemistry, it is well ahead, and accurate.

Take for example, the Big Bang. The existing model says the universe began with a tremendous amount of energy (They are trying to replicate this burst of energy, right now, in C.E.R.N).
Genesis 1:1 That's in the1300s BCE.
In the eighth century BC, Isaiah, also wrote of this...
“Lift up your eyes to heaven and see. Who has created these things? It is the One who brings out their army by number; He calls them all by name. Because of his vast dynamic energy and his awe-inspiring power, Not one of them is missing. (Isaiah 40:26)

There are a number of other things mentioned in the Bible, that are only recently being discovered.

nPeace

Veteran Member
You don't know the difference between a circle and a ball? Hint: a plate is a circle, but is flat. A ball is round and not flat.
#1. That's an uncalled for insult.
#2 I do know the difference between a circle and a ball.
#3 Nowhere in that verse did I see plate.
#4 A circular object is made up of circles. So it is completely accurate to refer to the circle of a ball; the circle of a sphere, etc.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
#1. That's an uncalled for insult.
Not if it's true, or there's justification for the question.

#2 I do know the difference between a circle and a ball.
Good!

#3 Nowhere in that verse did I see plate.
But plates are circles, are they not?

#4 A circular object is made up of circles. So it is completely accurate to refer to the circle of a ball; the circle of a sphere, etc.
??????? That makes no sense at all. You do realize that the Hebrews actually had a word for "ball", right? Yet they chose to describe the earth as a "circle", which is probably why prominent Biblical authorities like John Calvin and Martin Luther both believed the Bible depicted a flat earth. Luther's Bible even had a depiction of it.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Not if it's true, or there's justification for the question.
If.
There was none. It was uncalled for.

But plates are circles, are they not?
So... What does that have to do with me. Eggs are white, but you don't have to post that on RF. We are not children.

??????? That makes no sense at all. You do realize that the Hebrews actually had a word for "ball", right? Yet they chose to describe the earth as a "circle", which is probably why prominent Biblical authorities like John Calvin and Martin Luther both believed the Bible depicted a flat earth. Luther's Bible even had a depiction of it.
See if this helps.

The Bible does not describe the earth as a circle. Where on God's earth did you read that?
Quote it please.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
So... What does that have to do with me. Eggs are white, but you don't have to post that on RF. We are not children.

See if this helps.

The Bible does not describe the earth as a circle. Where on God's earth did you read that?
Quote it please.
Oh my.....you just posted ""There is One who dwells above the circle of the earth." Isaiah 40:22"!

nPeace

Veteran Member
Oh my.....you just posted ""There is One who dwells above the circle of the earth." Isaiah 40:22"!
That's correct... and what did you post?
they chose to describe the earth as a "circle".
If you don't see a difference between the two, I retract my earlier statement, namely, "We are not children".

The earth is not described as a circle. It is described as having a circle. God help us.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
That's correct... and what did you post?
they chose to describe the earth as a "circle".
If you don't see a difference between the two, I retract my earlier statement, namely, "We are not children".

The earth is not described as a circle. It is described as having a circle. God help us.
Oh for the love of......seriously? All I can do is repeat....y'all sure are entertaining if nothing else.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Now children, listen up. This is a circle.
fe74026279d49724edba9a414bf48240.jpg

This ball has a circle, or actually more than one. Can you show me the circles on this ball?
518px-Small_circle.svg.png