• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question to christians and muslims

Psalm23

Do you believe your religion is the only way to God?

Or

Do you believe your religion is the best way to God?

Or

Do you believe your religion is one of many ways to God?

I believe Jesus is the only way to God. Jesus told this to his disciples in John 14:6.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
While this is what most adherents of these religions believed, I believe the Holy Books does not say, that their Laws is for all the Time or God cannot change them.
God / Allah is all-seeing. Add a billion of Hindu theists to the Christian and Moslem believers.They make a solid 5.5 BILLION. If their billions think that their laws are for all times, what does your differing with that count to?

InvestigateTruth

God / Allah is all-seeing. Add a billion of Hindu theists to the Christian and Moslem believers.They make a solid 5.5 BILLION. If their billions think that their laws are for all times, what does your differing with that count to?
But I believe Allah has come and gave a new Law.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
1. I know you love the Hindu God, Hinduism, Hindus, and they are all perfect, muslims are demons, murderers, and always the boogey man. With all of that baggage, for you to isolate the so called Christian God and the Islamic God has a conditional love, and how about the Hindu God, is it an unconditional love?

2. Who told you that Islamic Law is for all times, and does not change? Can you explain the technicality of the Shariah that makes it eternally unchanging?
:) I am an atheist Hindu, Firedragon.

In Hinduism, Gods and Goddesses are not involved in any judgment. Even Yama, the designated Lord of Death does not judge. Accounts of deeds, good and evil, are presented by his office. The process is completely secular, same for people who are not Hindus. Hindus are not entitled for any preferential treatment. Yama just announces the reward of punishment according to the deeds of the person. It is our deeds that get us reward or punishment and not the Gods or Goddesses. :)

Is not Qur'an the last word of Allah? So, how can the Islamic laws change? Will Allah send more messengers even after declaring that Mohammad is the seal? I am not talking of the interpreted law (Fiqh). Please enlighten me if it is not so? Though I have not done any research, I have been interested in Islam since my student days when I wrote an article for the class about the Rashidun.

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
:) I am an atheist Hindu, Firedragon.

In Hinduism, Gods and Goddesses are not involved in any judgment. Even Yama, the designated Lord of Death does not judge. Accounts of deeds, good and evil, are presented by his office. The process is completely secular, same for people who are not Hindus. Hindus are not entitled for any preferential treatment. Yama just announces the reward of punishment according to the deeds of the person. :)

Is not Qur'an the last word of Allah? So, how can the Islamic laws change? Will Allah send more messengers even after declaring that Mohammad is the seal? I am not talking of the interpreted law (Fiqh). Please enlighten me if it is not so? Though I have not done any research, I have been interested in Islam since my student days when I wrote an article for the class about the Rashidun.

1. I know you are a hindu apologist mate though you identify as an atheist. No need to reiterate the obvious. How about Kartikeyyan? Is he an "unconditionally loving" since you condemned others?

2. Well, you just spoke some pathetic absurdities about this so called "Islamic law". If you have such low knowledge brother, why do you make such statements like "Islamic law is never changing and eternal" etc? Is not that seriously flawed personality to make such claims with such level of knowledge?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
1. I know you are a hindu apologist mate though you identify as an atheist. No need to reiterate the obvious. How about Kartikeyyan? Is he an "unconditionally loving" since you condemned others?

2. Well, you just spoke some pathetic absurdities about this so called "Islamic law". If you have such low knowledge brother, why do you make such statements like "Islamic law is never changing and eternal" etc? Is not that seriously flawed personality to make such claims with such level of knowledge?
1. Well, I am a Hindu, whether theist or atheist. Therefore, don't be surprised if I defend some of Hinduism (I do not like many things that theist or superstitious Hindus believe)
2. Kartikeyan, Murugan, has two aspects. One as the general of the army of Gods in their fight against a demon, Tarakasura, in Hindu Mythology. The story goes that after the battle, Indra gave his daughter, Devasena, in marriage to Kartikeya. Kartikeya also married a tribal girl, Valli. The other aspect of Kartikeya / Murugan is that of an ascetic and Lord of Wisdom.

iswhn-EqatWfd_rbcQHhEeJ5tGXGLBn_DGWaFwGnUXklM7o86Jn_ax_nlJTRWqZEk-xbD0mBhRjJaV6srtjSICarLBK2fpYlu6zBcBaVzw
murugan.jpg

3. If you think that I am totally incapable of learning anything about Islam, then I take my request back to know more of Islam from you.

Last edited:

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
These are the questions.
( I answered more specifically, Jesus is the only way, according to the Scriptures)
Or

Do you believe your religion is the best way to God? ( This begs the question that there are multiple ways).

Or

Each question says RELIGION so the answer should be obvious. No all religions do not lead to God . Not even two .

No you have misunderstood OP i wrote. @exchemist is right

The question "Do you believe your religion is the best way to God?" mean = To believe other religions can also lead to God in a way, but that one's own religion is the way to God that is the best and most effective way to God

The question "Do you believe your religion is one of many ways to God?" mean = To believe there are many ways to God. (It is not the same as believe every religion or religious path lead to God)

firedragon

Veteran Member
1. Well, I am a Hindu, whether theist or atheist. Therefore, don't be surprised if I defend some of Hinduism (I do not like many things that theist or superstitious Hindus believe)
2. Kartikeyan, Murugan, has two aspects. One as the general of the army of Gods in their fight against a demon, Tarakasura, in Hindu Mythology. The story goes that after the battle, Indra gave his daughter, Devasena, in marriage to Kartikeya. Kartikeya also married a tribal girl, Valli. The other aspect of Kartikeya / Murugan is that of an ascetic and Lord of Wisdom.

iswhn-EqatWfd_rbcQHhEeJ5tGXGLBn_DGWaFwGnUXklM7o86Jn_ax_nlJTRWqZEk-xbD0mBhRjJaV6srtjSICarLBK2fpYlu6zBcBaVzw
View attachment 50223

3. If you think that I am totally incapable of learning anything about Islam, then I take my request back to know more of Islam from you.

So the Hindu god is unconditionally loving or conditional?

And don’t make up things about what other people said because it’s dishonesty. I never said you are incapable. Maybe you think if you misquote someone people will read your misquotation and believe you. It may happen in real life. Maybe in politics. But this is an Internet forum and you will not gain anything from that kind of polemics.

Since you want to learn something about Islam, read something about thaweel al masaar .

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Hindu Gods and Goddesses never think of harming people if they are not worshiped. They do not differentiate between people on basis of religion. They will love people who are fulfilling their duties irrespective of religion they follow. These are the general characteristics of Hindu Gods and Goddesses.

thaweel al masaar: Normal translation "Changing paths". Google tells me it is the path taken to reach a destination. Have not got much to begin with.

Fallen Prophet

Or

Or

God is inevitable. We will all face Him at one time or other.

But I do believe that there is an ideal way to face Him.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
God is inevitable. We will all face Him at one time or other.
I wonder if that does not that transgress rule 8 / Proselytization.
You mention it as if it is a proved fact. At least add "I believe that". I am an atheist and I do not believe in existence of God or soul.

Fallen Prophet

You mention it as if it is a proved fact. At least add "I believe that". I am an atheist and I do not believe in existence of God or soul.
All of the questions asked were in the form of "Do you believe...?" - therefore it is reasonable to assume that any answer to said question would be someone's "belief".

Within that context all the "I believes..." in front of every statement would be redundant.

Although someone who is not looking to engage in discussion but is instead "prowling" the forums and "policing" other members of the forum for the sake of their own ego may not pick up on that.

Fallen Prophet

Hindu Gods and Goddesses never think of harming people if they are not worshiped. They do not differentiate between people on basis of religion. They will love people who are fulfilling their duties irrespective of religion they follow. These are the general characteristics of Hindu Gods and Goddesses.

thaweel al masaar: Normal translation "Changing paths". Google tells me it is the path taken to reach a destination. Have not got much to begin with.
You mention it as if it is a proved fact. At least add "I believe that". I do not believe in the existence of Hindu Gods and Goddesses.

You see how self-serving and annoying this could be?

We are all discussing our beliefs here.

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member

Or

Or

I believe my religion to be the best way to God, whilst also recognising the validity of certain other ways to God (the path of anyone who believes in One God, the Day of Judgment, and does righteous good deeds).