• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question to Baha`i practitioners in RF

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I have seen Baha`i speak also about Oneness and noticed that baha`i use scripture from many different religions.

My question is: Is the Oneness in Baha`i teaching about making all scripture in to one?
Or is the Oneness in that the practitioner become one with Allah? that there is no difference in being?

Hope this was not asked in an unclear way :)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I have seen Baha`i speak also about Oneness and noticed that baha`i use scripture from many different religions.

My question is: Is the Oneness in Baha`i teaching about making all scripture in to one?
Or is the Oneness in that the practitioner become one with Allah? that there is no difference in being?

Hope this was not asked in an unclear way :)
When Baha'is speak of Oneness, we are speaking of the Oneness of God, the Oneness of religion and the Oneness of humanity.

Oneness of God means that there is only One God, the God who revealed all the religions.
Oneness of religion means that there is only one eternal religion of God that has been revealed in various chapters throughout all time.
Oneness of humanity means that humanity is all one people, regardless of race, creed, color, social class or religion.

No, we do not believe that all scripture should be made into one because that would not be desirable or possible, because each scripture is unique and its uniqueness should be preserved. Moreover it was all revealed by God so it should be preserved.

Perhaps this will better enable you to understand what we believe about religion and the other religions.

“Let no one, however, mistake my purpose. The Revelation, of which Bahá’u’lláh is the source and center, abrogates none of the religions that have preceded it, nor does it attempt, in the slightest degree, to distort their features or to belittle their value. It disclaims any intention of dwarfing any of the Prophets of the past, or of whittling down the eternal verity of their teachings. It can, in no wise, conflict with the spirit that animates their claims, nor does it seek to undermine the basis of any man’s allegiance to their cause. Its declared, its primary purpose is to enable every adherent of these Faiths to obtain a fuller understanding of the religion with which he stands identified, and to acquire a clearer apprehension of its purpose. It is neither eclectic in the presentation of its truths, nor arrogant in the affirmation of its claims. Its teachings revolve around the fundamental principle that religious truth is not absolute but relative, that Divine Revelation is progressive, not final. Unequivocally and without the least reservation it proclaims all established religions to be divine in origin, identical in their aims, complementary in their functions, continuous in their purpose, indispensable in their value to mankind.

All the Prophets of God,” asserts Bahá’u’lláh in the Kitáb-i-Íqán, “abide in the same tabernacle, soar in the same heaven, are seated upon the same throne, utter the same speech, and proclaim the same Faith.” From the “beginning that hath no beginning,” these Exponents of the Unity of God and Channels of His incessant utterance have shed the light of the invisible Beauty upon mankind, and will continue, to the “end that hath no end,” to vouchsafe fresh revelations of His might and additional experiences of His inconceivable glory. To contend that any particular religion is final, that “all Revelation is ended, that the portals of Divine mercy are closed, that from the daysprings of eternal holiness no sun shall rise again, that the ocean of everlasting bounty is forever stilled, and that out of the Tabernacle of ancient glory the Messengers of God have ceased to be made manifest” would indeed be nothing less than sheer blasphemy.” The World Order of Bahá’u’lláh, pp, 57-58

Read more: Fundamental Principle of Religious Truth

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
When Baha'is speak of Oneness, we are speaking of the Oneness of God, the Oneness of religion and the Oneness of humanity.

Oneness of God means that there is only One God, the God who revealed all the religions.
Oneness of religion means that there is only one eternal religion of God that has been revealed in various chapters throughout all time.
Oneness of humanity means that humanity is all one people, regardless of race, creed, color, social class or religion.

No, we do not believe that all scripture should be made into one because that would not be desirable or possible, because each scripture is unique and its uniqueness should be preserved. Moreover it was all revealed by God so it should be preserved.

Perhaps this will better enable you to understand what we believe about religion and the other religions.

“Let no one, however, mistake my purpose. The Revelation, of which Bahá’u’lláh is the source and center, abrogates none of the religions that have preceded it, nor does it attempt, in the slightest degree, to distort their features or to belittle their value. It disclaims any intention of dwarfing any of the Prophets of the past, or of whittling down the eternal verity of their teachings. It can, in no wise, conflict with the spirit that animates their claims, nor does it seek to undermine the basis of any man’s allegiance to their cause. Its declared, its primary purpose is to enable every adherent of these Faiths to obtain a fuller understanding of the religion with which he stands identified, and to acquire a clearer apprehension of its purpose. It is neither eclectic in the presentation of its truths, nor arrogant in the affirmation of its claims. Its teachings revolve around the fundamental principle that religious truth is not absolute but relative, that Divine Revelation is progressive, not final. Unequivocally and without the least reservation it proclaims all established religions to be divine in origin, identical in their aims, complementary in their functions, continuous in their purpose, indispensable in their value to mankind.

All the Prophets of God,” asserts Bahá’u’lláh in the Kitáb-i-Íqán, “abide in the same tabernacle, soar in the same heaven, are seated upon the same throne, utter the same speech, and proclaim the same Faith.” From the “beginning that hath no beginning,” these Exponents of the Unity of God and Channels of His incessant utterance have shed the light of the invisible Beauty upon mankind, and will continue, to the “end that hath no end,” to vouchsafe fresh revelations of His might and additional experiences of His inconceivable glory. To contend that any particular religion is final, that “all Revelation is ended, that the portals of Divine mercy are closed, that from the daysprings of eternal holiness no sun shall rise again, that the ocean of everlasting bounty is forever stilled, and that out of the Tabernacle of ancient glory the Messengers of God have ceased to be made manifest” would indeed be nothing less than sheer blasphemy.” The World Order of Bahá’u’lláh, pp, 57-58

Read more: Fundamental Principle of Religious Truth
@Trailblazer Thank you for your reply, your answer clerified a few questions for me